collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396682 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #810 on: October 17, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
I've only seen Lyden for 45 minutes against Bournemouth, I forgot he was playing until he was substituted at half time. What have people seen in him to think he is our saviour?

The suggestion would be that he can actually run unlike most of our other options in there.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #811 on: October 17, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
I've only seen Lyden for 45 minutes against Bournemouth, I forgot he was playing until he was substituted at half time. What have people seen in him to think he is our saviour?

The suggestion would be that he can actually run unlike most of our other options in there.

Firstly, congrats to Chelts of achieving an 11:11:11 posting

With regard to Lyden, I don't think that people see him as a savior its more of thinking/hoping that he might be better (if only slightly) than those playing at the moment and should at least be tried.

Clearly the midfield (especially the decaying carcass of Jedi) isn't good enough and, until January, trying Lyden is one of the few alternatives available.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #812 on: October 17, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »
I think Osman on one leg could perform better than some of our midfield players! As I said, a short-term deal for a couple of months would help us and the player - agree about fitness, which might be a concern.
Yeah, but people thought on one leg Jedinak and Elphick would out perform the previous incumbents.  It doesn't always work out that way.  Frankly, I suspect we would have been better off with Sanchez and Lescott.

I agree on the Sanchez front. Can we not haul him back?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #813 on: October 17, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »
I think Osman on one leg could perform better than some of our midfield players! As I said, a short-term deal for a couple of months would help us and the player - agree about fitness, which might be a concern.
Yeah, but people thought on one leg Jedinak and Elphick would out perform the previous incumbents.  It doesn't always work out that way.  Frankly, I suspect we would have been better off with Sanchez and Lescott.

He'll refuse to come back!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #814 on: October 17, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »

Firstly, congrats to Chelts of achieving an 11:11:11 posting

With regard to Lyden, I don't think that people see him as a savior its more of thinking/hoping that he might be better (if only slightly) than those playing at the moment and should at least be tried.

Clearly the midfield (especially the decaying carcass of Jedi) isn't good enough and, until January, trying Lyden is one of the few alternatives available.

What timezone do you have set because that's a 12:11:11 post in BST.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #815 on: October 17, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
Or Cheltenham is a time lord.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #816 on: October 17, 2016, 01:21:08 PM »

Would you leave Florence for a relagation battle in Birmingham?

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
Apparently Bruce lied or his memory let him down when he told us Birmingham were 15th at Christmas the season he took them over in 2001 when he took them up.

Turns out they were actually 9th and only 1 point off the play-offs.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #818 on: October 17, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
Apparently Bruce lied or his memory let him down when he told us Birmingham were 15th at Christmas the season he took them over in 2001 when he took them up.

Turns out they were actually 9th and only 1 point off the play-offs.

The bastard. Sack him.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #819 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »

I wouldn't even leave Zebedee!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #820 on: October 17, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »

I would (I've never been but my wife's mom had her handbag snatched there last year so the place is dead to me).

** edited to add wife's, typed far too quickly for my own good and missed a word.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:30:35 PM by paul_e »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #821 on: October 17, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »

I would (I've never been but my wife's mom had her handbag snatched there last year so the place is dead to me).

** edited to add wife's, typed far too quickly for my own good and missed a word.

I had a camera nicked their when I went but the city is absolutely beautiful. It's like everything is made of marble and doesn't look real. It reminded me of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer is having a dream and everything (all the walls/houses) are made of sweets and Homer skips around biting chunks out of everything. Florence is a lot like that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #822 on: October 17, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »

Yes, we need some energy and grit in the MF, to unsettle teams the way that our opponents have us.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #823 on: October 17, 2016, 02:47:07 PM »

Offline Pete

« Reply #824 on: October 17, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

I had a camera nicked their when I went but the city is absolutely beautiful. It's like everything is made of marble and doesn't look real. It reminded me of that scene in the Simpsons where Homer is having a dream and everything (all the walls/houses) are made of sweets and Homer skips around biting chunks out of everything. Florence is a lot like that.

Verona even more so - I was gobsmacked that not only the pavements and gutters are marble but the drain gratings in said gutters are carved from marble.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal