collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 08:38:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 08:37:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:37:32 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Skerra
[Today at 08:35:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396517 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2016, 12:23:43 PM »
They're not just lacking basic match fitness but also seem to be made of fucking fibre glass.

Other teams have players being ever-present and hardly missing a minute of the season. Our players can't break into a trot without fucking their hamstring.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
They're not just lacking basic match fitness but also seem to be made of fucking fibre glass.

Other teams have players being ever-present and hardly missing a minute of the season. Our players can't break into a trot without fucking their hamstring.

There is definately something deeply wrong with the methods used to train the squad and the people who allegedly take the training. It has been like this for a few seasons. Roy Keane suggested something was amiss but didn't elaborate.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #783 on: October 16, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »
However switching the dug-out ....a master stroke. That will give us extra ten points over the coming months.

There was no harm in him doing it and it's something he wanted to do. What's the problem?
I didn't say there was a problem. I made a statement that's all as you did till the last sentence!

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #784 on: October 16, 2016, 04:11:15 PM »
To be fair, it did read like you suggested it wasn't necessary and was a dig at our new manager.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
Steve should offer a short-term deal to Leon Osman the ex-Everton midfielder. He's 35 but we need some experience in there, he also scored a few goals for Everton. This deal could run until the New Year and be reviewed then.

Offline supertom

« Reply #786 on: October 16, 2016, 05:50:18 PM »
Steve should offer a short-term deal to Leon Osman the ex-Everton midfielder. He's 35 but we need some experience in there, he also scored a few goals for Everton. This deal could run until the New Year and be reviewed then.
I felt he could be a good signing but it worries me that it's october and he's not found a club.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »
After our indulgence with Jedinak do we really want another discarded midfielder? Jedi  at 32 is a almost a youngster compared to Osman.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #788 on: October 16, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
The is just no cohesion between the defence, the midfield and the attack. They operate as if they're completely independent entities. The midfield is the biggest problem, because it offers no control to build attacks and no screening to protect the defence. Bruce has a hell of a job on.
Spot on.
yep, i would try richards in centre defensive midfield.

I think yesterday proved that he shouldn't be anywhere near a football field, let alone down the middle. He is a clown, cant tackle, has no positional sense and wanders around the pitch completely aimlessly.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #789 on: October 16, 2016, 06:02:01 PM »
To be fair, it did read like you suggested it wasn't necessary and was a dig at our new manager.
It was an observation but I can see how it came across. Intention was not to have a dig at least not just yet!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #790 on: October 16, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »
I think Osman on one leg could perform better than some of our midfield players! As I said, a short-term deal for a couple of months would help us and the player - agree about fitness, which might be a concern.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #791 on: October 16, 2016, 06:32:16 PM »
Osman, Meireles, and Sulley Muntari are still available.

But -as someone said about Osman- you'd wonder why nobody else has gone in for them.  How soon would they be able to play is another issue. Any player without first team football for as long as they have been could take at least a month to get up to speed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #792 on: October 16, 2016, 07:33:07 PM »

But -as someone said about Osman- you'd wonder why nobody else has gone in for them.  How soon would they be able to play is another issue. Any player without first team football for as long as they have been could take at least a month to get up to speed.

Or a day to be more mobile than Jedinak or Gardner.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #793 on: October 16, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »

Bolton invited Osman for a days training and then passed on signing him. Make of that what you will. Here's the article from a couple of days ago.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14802061.Wanderers_won_t_be_signing_ex_Everton_midfielder_Leon_Osman/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:45:17 PM by Diablo »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #794 on: October 16, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »

Or a day to be more mobile than Jedinak or Gardner.

Well yeah. Jedinak has been the poorest midfielder I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. Genuinely he's been that bad so far. Hopefully he improves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal