collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396630 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #750 on: October 16, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »
The is just no cohesion between the defence, the midfield and the attack. They operate as if they're completely independent entities. The midfield is the biggest problem, because it offers no control to build attacks and no screening to protect the defence. Bruce has a hell of a job on.
Spot on.
yep, i would try richards in centre defensive midfield.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #751 on: October 16, 2016, 09:24:44 AM »
50 odd million well spent.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #752 on: October 16, 2016, 09:41:27 AM »
However switching the dug-out ....a master stroke. That will give us extra ten points over the coming months.

There was no harm in him doing it and it's something he wanted to do. What's the problem?

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #753 on: October 16, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »
I think yesterday proved, there is a lot of work ahead to be done, we are starting from scratch again as it didn't look like they had been together for a couple of months at least already

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #754 on: October 16, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »
However switching the dug-out ....a master stroke. That will give us extra ten points over the coming months.

There was no harm in him doing it and it's something he wanted to do. What's the problem?
Sportsman are notoriously superstitious, I'm not and I think it's all a myth, however each to their own in their beliefs and ways. I can't see a problem with it either. If it makes him happier, why not?

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #755 on: October 16, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
A quarter of the season gone and we are just about at pre-season levels of fitness.  Great.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #756 on: October 16, 2016, 09:59:06 AM »
what the fuck do any of our 'coaches' do? Long John Silver's got more athleticism than most of our players

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #757 on: October 16, 2016, 10:02:50 AM »
On a different note, why did Bruce go to the effort of losing a few pounds, styling his hair and looking more dapper than he ever has, then go back to a trackie on match day, show your authority Steve and get the suit back on

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #758 on: October 16, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
On a different note, why did Bruce go to the effort of losing a few pounds, styling his hair and looking more dapper than he ever has, then go back to a trackie on match day, show your authority Steve and get the suit back on
You mean like Sherwood , Garde and RDM? He could stand on the touch line in a clowns outfit as far as I'm concerned I just want to start winning games

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #759 on: October 16, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
You mean like Sherwood , Garde and RDM? He could stand on the touch line in a clowns outfit as far as I'm concerned I just want to start winning games
Can't have him dressed as a clown, we need him to look different to the players

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #760 on: October 16, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »

Thts the sort of thing to worry about when everything else to do with the team is ok

Offline Diablo

« Reply #761 on: October 16, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »
The is just no cohesion between the defence, the midfield and the attack. They operate as if they're completely independent entities. The midfield is the biggest problem, because it offers no control to build attacks and no screening to protect the defence. Bruce has a hell of a job on.
Spot on.

Whilst being more mobile than Jedinak Richards isn't fit and in my opinion hasn't got the discipline to play there. He was shocking at full back yesterday. If Richards is the answer I dread to think what the question is.

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #762 on: October 16, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

It's back to how it has traditionally been at VP? We got a lucky point yesterday, that is a refreshing change.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #763 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »
Spot on.

Whilst being more mobile than Jedinak Richards isn't fit and in my opinion hasn't got the discipline to play there. He was shocking at full back yesterday. If Richards is the answer I dread to think what the question is.

"Who is the only professional footballer that has survived a chicken brain transplant?"

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #764 on: October 16, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »
Rather than a lack of fitness, i'd suggest its because we have NO MIDFIELD. As a defender you will get knackered if you spend 90 minutes putting up with the opposition charging straight through the invisible men in front of you. Likewise the forwards get a bit tired having to run hopefully back to the centre circle which is the limit of the midfield's forward advances. Our forwards run around a lot for no discernable reason - of course they're knackered

That's part of it. That's the point we are all making. Nobody including Bruce has suggested it is all fitness but it is a huge part of our overall issues and a key reason as to why we make so many mental errors especially late in games.

its a large part of it. It was a large part of it last season. you stick two teams in with the same fitness and 1 team keeps the ball and passes it through midfield while the other team chases it, then one team is gonna get knackered well before 90 minutes

It's also noted villa park is massive pitch far bigger than most and that is a contributory factor. All very good for teams on one off matches or the premier league teams where all top players enjoy playing at villa park however the area of the pitch is too big for some players to handle and tires players out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal