collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396914 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #660 on: October 15, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »
He understands the pressing need otherwise he wouldn't be at the club. He identified the very fine margins that have put us where we are. If we were just able to see out games we'd be discussing RDM's team selection today. I'd like to use go back to the side that was quite entertaining at the start of the season coupled with a manager who can see what we need to close the deal.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2016, 01:44:41 PM »
Steve Bruce is ace. I think we will win the FA Cup and the playoffs now.

Come on you Lions!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
Steve Bruce is ace. I think we will win the FA Cup and the playoffs now.

Come on you Lions!
Don't agree. We will lose the FA cup semi final after fielding our reserve team  including both Richards and Agbonlahor and then go on to win the final 5 games for automatic promotion.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #663 on: October 15, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
I'm glad he's in charge of the team today. He can probably see that our most pressing problems are tactical ones, and has the confidence to address them, and own the result, win, lose or draw.

Last thing we need is him sitting in the stand looking shell shocked as we lose 3-0 and then coming out with some shit about the 'challenge being bigger than he thought'
Tactical, yes; and, there's something about the team's  confidence and not being able to close out games.
He needs to fix both.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #664 on: October 15, 2016, 03:15:42 PM »
I'm glad he's in charge of the team today. He can probably see that our most pressing problems are tactical ones, and has the confidence to address them, and own the result, win, lose or draw.

Last thing we need is him sitting in the stand looking shell shocked as we lose 3-0 and then coming out with some shit about the 'challenge being bigger than he thought'
Tactical, yes; and, there's something about the team's  confidence and not being able to close out games.
He needs to fix both.

One of the things that concerns me is Bruce isn't know for his tactical acumen. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to motivate the players and get some confidence back into them. I'm really hoping he's a lucky manager/person. Some of our recent managers (regardless of their long term capabilities) just haven't had much luck at all. 

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #665 on: October 15, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

He needs to fix both.

One of the things that concerns me is Bruce isn't know for his tactical acumen. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to motivate the players and get some confidence back into them. I'm really hoping he's a lucky manager/person. Some of our recent managers (regardless of their long term capabilities) just haven't had much luck at all. 

I tend to agree with SirrAlex who, when asked why Manure were so lucky replied "we practice a lot..."

Offline Diablo

« Reply #666 on: October 15, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »

He needs to fix both.

I tend to agree with SirrAlex who, when asked why Manure were so lucky replied "we practice a lot..."

I agree outstanding teams make their own luck and that is no doubt down to work ethic and having quality in depth (Man Yoo & Liverpool in their heyday). But that aside there are still some right lucky so and sos. I'm hoping Bruce is one of those so and sos ;-)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #667 on: October 15, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
It's all in the lap of the football gods.  There will be no middle way for Steve Bruce at Villa.  He is either going to get it right or get it wrong.  Wrong and he will be pilloried mercilessly for all eternity.  Right and he will have the Aston Expressway Memorial Roadworks Museum named after him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #668 on: October 15, 2016, 05:39:47 PM »
Brian we didn't just appoint Sherwood or McLeish. I actually think there is a lot of support for him given what he brings. It's clear you have no time for him but it's time to put that behind you and pull together.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
Lower quality football, more passion. Same results.

His substitutions were at least sane though, even if forced.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2016, 07:52:16 PM »
I bet Steve is already counting down the days til January. He'll know full well the huge task on his hands. A least one new centre half and two midfielders are essential.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »
TV old chap, there was nothing in my post that suggested I thought, or wished him to fail.  Please check my post on this thread (page 27) welcoming him.  He is at a crossroads for the club, and a crossroads in his own career.  Nothing provocative or extreme about that view.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:07:22 PM by brian green »

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2016, 08:06:54 PM »
We got out of jail today, and I believe Steve was the reason we got a draw and not a defeat that in all honesty was on the cards. the crowd seemed to be pro SB which is good because theres no where to run for us if he cant pull it round.

Steve Bruce claret and blue army

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2016, 08:17:19 PM »
He's got a serious job on.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2016, 08:19:03 PM »
Needs to get a grip fast. In the championhip we had a lucky escape today but if that had been in the premier, we'd have equaled some of black's and garde's results

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal