collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396600 times)

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »
Spinksy the bfg, if Bruce gets us up this season, no-one will give a f, and that will cement the rapport with the fans
I'd love if it he got us promoted and would thank him. However when it comes to rapport he is one those types you see in your regular boozer for years,  you nod the head to acknowledge,  but never speak or shake hands. Familiar but not friendly.

Can I assume that your username is in honour of this gent?

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
Steve Bruce can never be regarded solely as a Blues man.

I think wherever he has been, he has given his best. As a player he gave long service at clubs and he did exceptionally well at Gillingham, exceptionally at Norwich, exceptionally at Man United and his managerial record is favourable overall.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »
A mate of mine (Villa) was out in Birmingham 2 or 3 years ago for a very expensive meal for his girlfriend's anniversary.

Midway through the meal, he popped out to the toilets and found himself stood shoulder to shoulder with Bruce himself. No word of a lie; Bruce gave him a pep-talk right there and then for the evening, shook his hand, gave him a wink and left.

Take what you want from that weird anecdote, seems like a decent guy to me.

I hope he washed his hands before shaking.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »
Bruce's first interview is up on AVTV.
He said nothing that you wouldn't expect him to say, but he is obviously clued up on our predicament and why we are in it.
Came across well, and I can't help thinking he is a likeable chap!

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:54 PM »
I think if Robert Hopkins or Paul Tait had somehow accrued enough brain cells to become a respected manager, and pitched up at B6, we could safely say that they were 'not Villa men', and our suspicions may well be justified.

But the skin on Steve Bruce's knuckles remains intact, and that'll do for me and the vast majority of sane Villa fans. 

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »
Not that it matters a single bit, but I'd imagine that the club he most identifies himself to is Manchester United.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
Just noticed that Bruce's middle name is Roger. Made me laugh anyway

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
Jermain Defoe's is Colin.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Whatever you think about Bruce he's never been anything but a consummate professional which ever club he's managed. And as for him managing SmallHeath, it was over 10 years ago. Get over it.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2016, 12:52:31 PM »
Klopp's middle name is Norbert

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2016, 12:54:20 PM »
Spinksy the bfg, if Bruce gets us up this season, no-one will give a f, and that will cement the rapport with the fans
I'd love if it he got us promoted and would thank him. However when it comes to rapport he is one those types you see in your regular boozer for years,  you nod the head to acknowledge,  but never speak or shake hands. Familiar but not friendly.

Can I assume that your username is in honour of this gent?

yes but not in those scum club colours.i refer to spinksy as the bfg as when I was 11 I used to stand on the Holte at the front and when spinksy was in holte end goals he would appear to me like a giant especially if I was at the front of the Holte ,  the part that went under the pitch.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Spinksy will aways be remembered as a villa man,  not some small time assistant role at a small time small heath club.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »
You're trying way to hard.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »

Why would you not shake hands with him?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

Why would you not shake hands with him?

He started out by talking nonsense Clampy, and he's twisted himself into something resembling a pretzel comprised of complete bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal