collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396713 times)

Offline auntiesledd

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
Getting Brucie in has actually made me feel optimistic about the season. Let's hope he's able knock our rabble into shape quicksticks & get us playing cohesive, winning football. My God, we've waited long enough. UTV.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
You must hated that goal by a Bluenose in '82 then.
Peter withe will always be remembered as a villa player, if we want to hate blues we have the right to.

If your hatred of Blues is so strong that you cannot accept a manager due to his former employer then I honestly think you need to re-evaluate a few things in life. I’m also North Birmingham born and bred, but like many here, I laugh at them. Hate is such an emotive word and an over-used one in football. I suggest that you and your group of North Birmingham fans, spend a little less energy hating a rival football team and a little more supporting the one you claim to support….If you are a troll, then ‘poor attempt, please return to the DM comments section for your kicks.’

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #407 on: October 13, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
'Hate' is an odd word to use about a football club you don't support. There are plenty of terrible things going on in the world that involve hatred.

Football was invented as an escape from all that stuff.

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here, hugging this tree

I hate Small Heath like I hate wasps. I don't think about them until they're buzzing around my face, in which case I'd prefer them to fuck off.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #408 on: October 13, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
'Hate' is an odd word to use about a football club you don't support. There are plenty of terrible things going on in the world that involve hatred.

I hate Small Heath like I hate wasps. I don't think about them until they're buzzing around my face, in which case I'd prefer them to fuck off.

I think it would be better if you engaged in a proper dialogue with the wasps instead of cruelly dismissing them in this way

Wasps have feelings too, you know.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2016, 09:44:18 AM »
Happy with Bruce but its fkd up my GTC prediction for saturday, guaranteed extra couple of thousand bums on seats.
Now theres an idea. ;)

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:29 AM »

I think it would be better if you engaged in a proper dialogue with the wasps instead of cruelly dismissing them in this way

Wasps have feelings too, you know.

What about when they land in your pint?

Talking of which, I was at a family wedding once. Mainly Villa fans, but my bluenose cousin was there with his knuckledragger mates. One of them came up to me, started going on about his favourite subject — Aston Villa — and stuck his dirty finger in my pint. Instead of furnishing him with a new lager and glass hat, I reminded him where he was and who he was surrounded by. After a brief knuckledragger conference, which resembled the opening scenes of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I took delivery of a fresh, full pint of lager and the evening resumed as normal.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »
I normally associate my dislike for clubs on what their fans are like, and although down the years I haven't known that many Blues fans, they have pretty much all been sound, some really good people. So I have no issue with Blues apart from their, at times, over the top banter with us.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »
Getting Brucie in has actually made me feel optimistic about the season. Let's hope he's able knock our rabble into shape quicksticks & get us playing cohesive, winning football. My God, we've waited long enough. UTV.

I feel the same, didn't want Sherwood, Garde or RDM ( I'll admit that I thought Lambert would do a good job when he joined)but I'm strangely positive about our play off prospects this season now Bruce is here.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »
Ambiguous about this one.  Plusses are his record at this level, seems a good motivator and he's not a dour Scot.  Minuses are he's not noted for tactical adeptness (no change there then), modern thinking, or keeping teams in the Prem.   Still I suppose first things first, and it's a pragmatic appointment for the short to medium term.   

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
right now we are struggling to stay in the Championship. Let's put any talk of the PL to one side - his immediate remit, in my opinion, is to turn a bunch of disparate, but talented international players into a cohesive team. if he manages that, we will stay up and become competitive. That's all we should be concerned with for now.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
Very good appointment - he was on a shortlist of 2 for the England position so no idea why we would be turning our nose up at him especially with his proven track record of getting teams promoted from this division

and I know I prefer him over Southgate any day , i think the timing will work out perfectly for us after they went for dodgy Sam .

four wins of our previous 49 league fixtures is absolute disgusting and terrible and I know the next 49 games will not provide us 4 wins .

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
Welcome Steve I'm pleased we got Steve Bruce I think he will do a good job for us.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »
You must hated that goal by a Bluenose in '82 then.
Peter withe will always be remembered as a villa player, if we want to hate blues we have the right to.

If your hatred of Blues is so strong that you cannot accept a manager due to his former employer then I honestly think you need to re-evaluate a few things in life. I’m also North Birmingham born and bred, but like many here, I laugh at them. Hate is such an emotive word and an over-used one in football. I suggest that you and your group of North Birmingham fans, spend a little less energy hating a rival football team and a little more supporting the one you claim to support….If you are a troll, then ‘poor attempt, please return to the DM comments section for your kicks.’
just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll.                                          Vic crowe villa man to the core,  player,  captain,  and coach.  Steve Bruce blues player,  captin  and manager. I accept Bruce as a manager but not a villa man.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »
I do respect your happy clappy viewpoint however.

This stopped me in my tracks.

Not seen that in a while, congratulations on being so 5 years ago.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »
Happy with Bruce but its fkd up my GTC prediction for saturday, guaranteed extra couple of thousand bums on seats.
Now theres an idea. ;)

If it's any help to you with your GTC prediction, my wife and I can't go on Saturday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal