collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RDM Poll time at 10 played!  (Read 23557 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: RDM Poll time at 10 played!
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2016, 09:50:30 AM »
Carry on in the same vein and we will be writing off automatic promotion very soon, if we haven't already.
Another year when our primary objective for the season has been written off before the leaves have dropped.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Plenty of time to change in mid November but by then we will have played 20 games.  Change for what reason?  If we start to win games in October RDM will be safe.  If we continue to lose games this season is a write off and our sights have to be on next season.  My view is we either get rid of RDM while this season is salvageable or we keep him.

I just don't think it is dead in November. We're currently 10 points off 2nd, 7 points off a play-off place, 6 points off where SGT was after 10 games. Surely if we  can be that far behind after 10 games,  it is salvageable the other way?  By mid-November hopefully the results will be on a upturn and those gaps will be smaller, but barring a total disaster we're not going to be much different. I'm certainly not going to throw the towel in with 24 plus games to go

Offline mike

« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2016, 05:02:22 PM »
Sorry Mike but I am trying to offer balance and a form of optimism.  The utterly unthinkable would be another spell in the third division.  It was unbelievably shit last time regardless how people like me say it was unforgettable and thrilling.  When you are in a slide like we are now you have to forget all about winning shitloads of games and concentrate on winning some of them.  The first and overwhelming priority of the players, the manager and the coaches should be on not being dragged into a relegation dog fight.  Given our start, I consider a top half finish will enable us to have a better next season.  We dithered and twatted about with Sherwood and Garde when we should have been scrapping for our Premiership survival. I don't want the same "let's see who can spit our chewing gum the furthest" mentality to put us into the third division.

Well, 2pts off the relegation spots and 10 off play offs. Tough to be optimistic.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »
RDM is making Lambert look quite good.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2016, 05:21:37 PM »
Those were the days

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2016, 05:49:04 PM »
RDM is making Lambert look quite good.

you know what, yeah I agree

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »
I'm getting much less patient as I get older. This division was supposed to get us enjoying football again and so far I hate it just as much as last year. RDM can get to fuck, he makes Sherwood look like Guardiola.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »
I just find it remarkable how people who have spent their professional careers in football seem to understand so little about it. Lobbing attackers on without a midfield to supply them will never and has never worked.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »
I'm getting much less patient as I get older. This division was supposed to get us enjoying football again and so far I hate it just as much as last year. RDM can get to fuck, he makes Sherwood look like Guardiola.

me too. I don't think many, if any of us truly believed it would be this miraculous turnaround, but given the investment this squad should comfortably be sitting at worst in a play off spot right now. That we are practically in the relegation zone a quarter of the way into the season is beyond a disaster. You're right this was meant to be more enjoyable and it has been everything but.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
Yes I am there as well.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2016, 07:55:55 PM »
I said give him the season for stability. I was wrong. After today he has to go now.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
We're just not very good at appointing managers are we?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »
I am shocked that Tony has not sacked him tonight!

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2016, 12:26:09 AM »

me too. I don't think many, if any of us truly believed it would be this miraculous turnaround, but given the investment this squad should comfortably be sitting at worst in a play off spot right now. That we are practically in the relegation zone a quarter of the way into the season is beyond a disaster. You're right this was meant to be more enjoyable and it has been everything but.

But I think you hit one of the problems on the head and that is that maybe he has signed too many players and hasn't got the right balance between keeping the core of players from last season who look like they could be effective in the Championship and then adding the quality in selective prositions.  Then again the pressure was on to spend, but when you make so many changes right into the season then it is going to take awhile to bed them in. 

To me there is a wider problem here and that is that the club has no consistent structure or identity.  Two or three times last season we ripped up that dynmic at the club and started again.  We've had so many different managers over the last six years and a silly turn over that players.  That is the core problem right now.  I never thought that RDM was the right man for the job, but we've backed ourserves into a corner now.  These are his players and we got ourselves into this mess partly because how often we've changed managers.  For the time being at least I think we have to stick with him.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2016, 12:46:15 AM »

I just don't think it is dead in November. We're currently 10 points off 2nd, 7 points off a play-off place, 6 points off where SGT was after 10 games.

Aye.  But a few weeks back the argument (prob not from you, sb) was that we were level with where GT was at the same stage of the season.  Now it's only 6 points.  And GT didn't have the luxury of bringing in nine of his own players in the early part of the season, outspending half the First Division and Real Madrid into the bargain back in 87 either.

Last season we were only 6 points off safety, then 8, then 18 or whatever it was in the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal