collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dr T has pulled the trigger  (Read 108899 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: If Dr T Pulls the Trigger...
« Reply #915 on: September 28, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »
I'd love Dean Smith to be a success as our manager but I'd hate him to fail. There's no more decent man in football and it would be terrible to have his career ruined here.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #916 on: September 28, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
I'd love Dean Smith to be a success as our manager but I'd hate him to fail. There's no more decent man in football and it would be terrible to have his career ruined here.

My thoughts entirely. He's doing a fine job at Brentford.

What a story it would be though.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #917 on: September 28, 2016, 08:13:53 PM »
I briefly met Dean Smith at a Bham Senior cup game last year, nice guy, I'd have a suspicion that this might be a bit too soon for him though.

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #918 on: September 28, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
I want Fat Sam here, about time he managed a big club.

Online KRS

« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2016, 08:54:23 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for him because he's quite simply conducted himself like an idiot, but if we want to get promoted at the first time of asking then Fat Sam is undoubtedly the best option available. His reputation has been tarnished and it will be a brave move for us to make the appointment for many reasons, but he's going to manage another club sooner rather than later, so resurrecting Villa from the Championship graveyard would suit both parties.

With the players at his disposal he should be able to get us playing decent football, and more importantly get results by whatever means necessary...it won't be pretty at times, but he's no where near as bad as someone like Pulis.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2016, 09:12:50 PM »
I don't have any sympathy for him because he's quite simply conducted himself like an idiot, but if we want to get promoted at the first time of asking then Fat Sam is undoubtedly the best option available. His reputation has been tarnished and it will be a brave move for us to make the appointment for many reasons, but he's going to manage another club sooner rather than later, so resurrecting Villa from the Championship graveyard would suit both parties.

With the players at his disposal he should be able to get us playing decent football, and more importantly get results by whatever means necessary...it won't be pretty at times, but he's no where near as bad as someone like Pulis.

is that the pulis who got stoke up, kept them up and got to the fa cup final, kept up a shit palace side and ditto at the bitters?

yes his football may be shit to watch but fuck me we have hardly been good to watch over the past 5 seasons.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »

is that the pulis who got stoke up, kept them up and got to the fa cup final, kept up a shit palace side and ditto at the bitters?

yes his football may be shit to watch but fuck me we have hardly been good to watch over the past 5 seasons.

t

he's so good even the bitters have had enough of him and want rid

Online KRS

« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
Yes...but I think you've lost the point I was trying to make by going all pro-Pulis. I've read of lot of comments on here from ppl saying they would rather get relegated than watch the shit that Pulis turns out, and Fat Sam more often than not gets tarnished with the same brush...my point is that Fat Sam wouldn't be quite so bad in terms of being watchable, and I would expect both managers to be able to achieve the same kind of results...as opposed to RDM who appears almost as clueless as Sherwood.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »
Bruce, Alladyce, Pulis ... not for me; I'm out.

Seriously, I won't be going to watch a team managed by these guys, however experienced they are at getting teams out of the shit.

Online KRS

« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2016, 09:26:10 PM »
Was the football at West Ham whilst Fat Sam in charge really that bad? I'm pretty sure they played some decent stuff even if the natives got overly restless down there.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #925 on: September 28, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »
Would have no problem with dean Smith ....firstly he is a Villa fan ....... doing an excellent job at Brentford following what he did at Walsall

He knows football at this level and appears to be able to change things round during a game

Send that Mondeo to Brentford

On the list of reasons to be considered to be our manager, being a Villa fan should be somewhere below being able to warn all the laughing gas suppliers in a 200 mile radius of Birmingham to stay away from Grealish or else, but above the ability to replicate the Steve Harrison wradrobe trick.

It is totally, utterly and completely irrelevant, right up until the point it inevitably goes wrong, and even 10 years of unbridled success will ususally end in a fuck up of van Gaal proportions, at which point it's the second thing thrown in his face after results.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #926 on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:49 PM »
If you think it can't get any worse:
Sunday 30th October-  Birmingham City v Aston Villa.

Pull the trigger now. 

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #927 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »
Bruce, Alladyce, Pulis ... not for me; I'm out.

Seriously, I won't be going to watch a team managed by these guys, however experienced they are at getting teams out of the shit.

whereas we have had the excitement of watching a rdm team, a black team, a garde team, a sherwood team, a lambert team, a mcleish team  ::)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #928 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43:08 PM »
Pulis, no.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #929 on: September 28, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
I'm not lobbying for Sam, Pulis or Pearson but I would really like a manager with some venom. Someone who will literally shove a boot up your ass. I just don't think these softies are cutting it for us. (garde, rdm, lambert, black, etc.) There's no fear of the blow dryer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal