collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread.  (Read 27547 times)

Offline passitsideways

Re: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
You can't knock what they did overall in the window, it was excellent but it is fair to say that if we lose 1 in centre mid or central defence we should be concerned, and if we lose 2 we're potentially in real shit.

I wonder if we have recall options on Sanchez and/or Veretout. Seems unlikely, but...

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
Surely if fit Jedi Tish Westwood Lyden Bacuna Gardner is enough ?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
Do we have any up and coming midfielders in the u21's? Gardener moves like a donkey in treacle.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 12:54:15 PM »
Fucking hell I'm sick of seeing shit midfields down the Villa. Hope Tshibola isn't a sicknote, we need him.

Di Matteo was an excellent midfielder. You would have thought he knows a good one or two. Evidently not. Maybe Gardner will score against his former club kind of thing..

Where is Adomah?

What a disappointing lineup.

Still, good to see Kodjia out there. I think him and McCormack will be an excellent partnership.

Lambert, Sherwood and Garde were all very decent as well, so I'm not sure that that's how it works.

Very true, my friend.

Offline supertom

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 12:56:31 PM »
Gardner has really got to take his chance soon. If he doesn't raise his game against Forrest he never will. Westwood is fine for 50% of the game when we're on top. When we're not he's a liability. If he improves the latter part of his game (and granted he's had 4 years to improve) then he'll be fine in the Championship.
I worry about us defensively because of the weak midfield, but what is more important today is our attack. That front 4 should be absolutely bloody murdering this league. I don't care if we concede a couple of goals if we score 3-4 ourselves. We have to start putting away our chances when we have them. We should have put Huddersfield, Derby and Bristol City to the sword but we fluffed our lines.

UTV.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »
Fucking hell I'm sick of seeing shit midfields down the Villa. Hope Tshibola isn't a sicknote, we need him.

Di Matteo was an excellent midfielder. You would have thought he knows a good one or two. Evidently not. Maybe Gardner will score against his former club kind of thing..

Where is Adomah?

Still, good to see Kodjia out there. I think him and McCormack will be an excellent partnership.

Lambert, Sherwood and Garde were all very decent as well, so I'm not sure that that's how it works.

Very true, my friend.

At this stage, I can't help but feel that it's a grand conspiracy. Even people like me who doesn't think someone like Westwood is actually all that bad don't really want him starting every game, yet it still happens.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »
Per the comment above, who should have played instead of westy sorry? The other options aren't fit

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:01:01 PM by Matt Collins »

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »
Perfect summary supertom

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »

Where is Adomah?

Very true, my friend.

At this stage, I can't help but feel that it's a grand conspiracy. Even people like me who doesn't think someone like Westwood is actually all that bad don't really want him starting every game, yet it still happens.
Hey, we have a man in charge who took him off corners for the first time in 4 years, what more do you want?

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »
It's a long old season so if we have to play these two then home games is place to do it I suppose
. Thanks. Will gee it a try.  Come on da Villa!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »

Trouble is though, Westwood is fairly shit and Gardner is very shit. Add to that Bacuna's apparent flaky attitude and Tsibolas inexperience and I think another decent centre mid and centre back should be where the money is spent in Jan rather than looking to cover the abundance of attacking talent we have whilst they're away for a few matches on international duty.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »

Bacuna can't play one of the two holding roles I don't think

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
Ha, how weird was Minto going through that door with Robbie just sitting their like he was about to get a grilling at his first interview after leaving school.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »
On the bright side, no Bendtner or Assombalonga for them.

Offline Tuscans

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 01:03:46 PM »
On the bright side, no Bendtner or Assombalonga for them.
But you would want Bendtner playing surely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal