collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258347 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1665 on: January 16, 2020, 11:15:14 PM »
Even as a bit part player he was important for us in the championship. Can’t remember who it was against but he turned a game around for us as a sub during our winning streak.

Rotherham away

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1666 on: January 16, 2020, 11:24:30 PM »
Cheers  that’s the one.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1667 on: January 17, 2020, 06:46:20 AM »
Really enjoyed watching him in that first season, he was great and he played his part in slowly putting us back together after relegation. Good luck to him.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1668 on: January 17, 2020, 06:57:24 AM »
Obviously Smith doesn't rate him. With Wesley struggling Kodjia should've been given a few games. I think the real tipping point was the Liverpool cup game when he scored twice and looked a threat - then Smith dropped him for the next game. I thought that was harsh from the Manager. Nonetheless why are we releasing him now? Surely with 2 weeks to go in the window you get replacements in FIRST. Stupid to leave yourself with no forwards at all at present!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1669 on: January 17, 2020, 07:00:23 AM »
Even as a bit part player he was important for us in the championship. Can’t remember who it was against but he turned a game around for us as a sub during our winning streak.

Rotherham away

Also scored the winner against Millwall that clinched ten wins in a row, plus our first goal in the four-two win against you know who.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1670 on: January 17, 2020, 07:22:52 AM »
Absolute joy to watch 2016/17.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1671 on: January 17, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
Good luck Kodjia in your future career. You helped to bring the smile back to the faces of those attending Villa Park after spiralling years of dross leading to relegation. I appreciated your instinctive style of playing football and your goalscoring ability. 1 in 3 for Villa and 1 in 2 for your national team are figures to be proud of. Obvs injuries didn't help and neither did playing for managers who didn't sign you which you've done for the majority of your time here. Imagine playing as a striker for Bruce! If you commit yourself, as Smith has done to just 3 untried, unproven strikers in the PL and you don't play one of them for whatever reason, as a manager of this situation there is a failing, especially in the situation we currently find ourselves in.
Thanks for the memories Kodjia, imo you were a good striker for us!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1672 on: January 17, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
Obviously Smith doesn't rate him. With Wesley struggling Kodjia should've been given a few games. I think the real tipping point was the Liverpool cup game when he scored twice and looked a threat - then Smith dropped him for the next game. I thought that was harsh from the Manager. Nonetheless why are we releasing him now? Surely with 2 weeks to go in the window you get replacements in FIRST. Stupid to leave yourself with no forwards at all at present!

His attitude clearly stinks now. He needs to earn a place in the team, not be given a go just because someone else isn't doing as well as they might.

He's nowhere near good enough for this league. He was decent against a rock-bottom Rotherham but Grealish might argue a bit about who was the better player that second half.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1673 on: January 17, 2020, 09:43:31 AM »
He was more than decent against pretty much every championship team he came up against before the injury. Good luck to him, i'll always be a fan based on that first season, he was tremendous.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1674 on: January 17, 2020, 10:17:55 AM »
Shame he couldn't carry his form after the injury.  Excellent player on his day and I'm sure he had the ability to do well i the PL, but seemingly not the application.  Personally I'd have like to have seen him given a run of 4-5 games to see if he stepped up, but obviously it's not to be.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1675 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:04 AM »
It looks as though he has been sitting out the last year of his contract to get a better personal deal when he moved on. Attitude is a key part of a player being on the top of his game. It looks as though the manager may have decided that his attitude was not right and it could have been from the start of the season.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1676 on: January 17, 2020, 10:50:43 AM »
I thought he did a lot more than Wesley in his cameo against Southampton and would have started him against Norwich and Watford but it seems a parting of the ways has been likely for a while now. Incredibly frustrating player but scored some fantastic goals for us. Hope he enjoys Dubai and then settles down to a career in accountancy that he worked hard for.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1677 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »
€3m being reported. Decent if true.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1678 on: January 17, 2020, 12:16:04 PM »
€3m being reported. Decent if true.

It certainly is.

Thank you so much for that season of supplying many, many moments of individual brilliance. You made it sufferable. Good luck, now go and get it back and brighten other people's days.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1679 on: January 17, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
At least him going will mean the club’s social media team will stop persistently getting his surname wrong.

Gutted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal