collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.  (Read 19194 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: The "what is wrong with this club" part 259 thread.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 05:20:05 PM »
When the Holte was demolished and rebuilt, I remember some Blues fan ringing up Tom Ross / George Gavin and said his mate, who was a workman on the site, had  put a piece of rubble (or something) from St. Andrews into the Holte foundations  to transfer their famous curse to us.

In these days of political correctness, I am not sure whether I am allowed to specify the type of curse, so will leave it to the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2352837/Birmingham-hope-curse-has-run-course.html

Yawn.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 05:20:53 PM »
Then we continue to play a fourth division player in the most crucial of roles and we struggle to stay up again.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 05:21:21 PM »
It's all about decisions and the decisions being taken at every level including those on the pitch are not good enough.
This club has still not woken up to how serious the situation is, and that includes us fans.
Westwood Bacuna Cissoko still in the team, Ayew with the wrong attitude and a dodgy goalkeeper.
Agbonlahor Lescott and Richards still on the payroll.

I think Bacuna and Cissoko have been decent in the games I have seen. I haven't made my mind up on Ayew at this level yet. Westwood is a waste of space and our goalkeeper hasn't exactly covered himself in glory 'early doors'.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
Westwood.

Shite. Utter dogshite. Everytime these Mickey Mouse twats come out second half they stop giving that gimp time on the ball and they press into him. I hope it's the last time the c*** plays for us.

It won't be....RDM likes him and in any case we hardly have much depth in CM.

We'll see if he likes him or not when Tshibola is fit again and the transfer deadline has passed. I get the feeling he's playing him because there's no one else to take his place. A blind man could see Westwood is a weak link in the side and the sooner he's gone the better.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 05:23:20 PM »
Let's wait and see what happens. More players in and out yet, I think I counted 23 so far. I think we might not really start to get to grips with this league until around November, when they have gelled properly.  Might be asking too much to expect us to go straight back up this season.  I still think we have players who lack bottle to be in this side, you can't carry them in any league. I am angry and pissed off with how we've started, one in six, including the Luton game. But I am still optimistic that we will be around the play offs.  That said, the so called world class player might be looking at this start and will change his mind about joining.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:25:11 PM by Newby »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »
Then we continue to play a fourth division player in the most crucial of roles and we struggle to stay up again.

I think when Tish is fit again it will be him and Jedinak.

Westwood will still be lurking on the bench however otherwise it's Gardner...

Online Proposition Joe

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
Our pattern of dominating first halfs without taking our chances and then playing shit in the second half has got to stop.

Unfortunately it will stop when teams stop treating us with the respect our last few opponents have. Then we will be overwhelmed and dominated in both halves.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
Yep. That's the worry. We look good because these wanky no marks shit their pants that they're playing Aston Villa. As soon as they start pressing us, the true quality of useless ****** like Westwood becomes obvious and we crumble.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »
Two constants from our shite last few seasons - Westwood and Bacuna - are still in senior roles. It's no surprise to me that with their contributions, we're as solid as a paper aeroplane in a tornado.

Absolute bollocks.  Two of our better players this season.  It's their fault the whole fucking team collapse in the second half?
i know the result as soon as I see thier names on the team sheet.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
Two constants from our shite last few seasons - Westwood and Bacuna - are still in senior roles. It's no surprise to me that with their contributions, we're as solid as a paper aeroplane in a tornado.

Absolute bollocks.  Two of our better players this season.  It's their fault the whole fucking team collapse in the second half?

i agree when we are on top of teams that Westwood and Bacuna have played well, problem is when we are under pressure they are two of the biggest hiders in the squad, your can't have two midfielders hiding at any level of the game.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 05:48:11 PM »

i know the result as soon as I see thier names on the team sheet.

Bacuna's done half decent so far but he's still not anything special. Westwood on the other hand has been his usual anonymous self. Honestly when are fans gonna realise the waster this man is? He's spent years making our midfield mediocre with displays of nothingness and it's time we finally got rid of him. We won't be promoted with him in our midfield.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 05:49:02 PM »

i agree when we are on top of teams that Westwood and Bacuna have played well, problem is when we are under pressure they are two of the biggest hiders in the squad, your can't have two midfielders hiding at any level of the game.

That friendly against Boro exposed the fundamental lack of steel at Aston Villa. A forward move breaks down and within three passes and it's in the back of the net. There are too many players either unable to organise themselves tactically or not organising others. I'm sorry, but I really, really hate Ashley Westwood being a first-choice pick at our football club.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »
I think one of the main issues is we've got a totally new team and people expect them to gel and perform instantly. I expect by Christmas we'll have a lot better idea of how good (or bad) this team is rather than after five games.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
I think one of the main issues is we've got a totally new team and people expect them to gel and perform instantly. I expect by Christmas we'll have a lot better idea of how good (or bad) this team is rather than after five games.
which will be too late for this season

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2016, 06:11:17 PM »
It's a perfectly valid argument to say the team is gelling, because that's to be expected. But by the time it does, promotion may be all but a pipe dream.

I'm also unconvinced it's a problem with players gelling. I think it's more to do with certain players not being trusted by their colleagues. That was an obvious problem under Garde - the shape crumbles because you have players pissing off and closing down players when they should be concentrating on the players they are supposed to be marking. It's forward players who should be coming back and doubling up to help their defenders, not every member of the back four.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal