collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541554 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #4005 on: January 27, 2018, 12:12:28 AM »
So the 7th biggest bank in the world worth over 2.3 TRILLION dollars has zero doubts Xia is who he says he is and is happy to work with him and Aston Villa, but some fans need "proof" because... right, no reason.

Eh?

Do you know what them taking a charge actually means? It doesn't mean they have zero doubts at all, it means we're using the assets of the club as proof we're good for a loan.

Honestly, are you surprised some people are uncertain about his financial bona fides?

You're acting like we've shot his dog or something.

All I'm saying is that before going on about him being a billionaire who puts this or that into the club, it might be worth waiting to see the accounts.

Sorry if that's too upsetting for you to countenance.

If his dog gets shot that would suggest he can't even afford a decent meal. I'm now off to that Recon website that was linked to find myself a man into "leather, rubber, BDSM and kink". I'm not entirely sure what 'kink' entails but I will try anything once.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #4006 on: January 27, 2018, 12:21:05 AM »
Banks will lend anybody money if they have assets to back it up. But let's not forget HSBC has been fined many times for shady practices.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4007 on: January 27, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
The only thing I'd say on this is that if he was English, or American (or many other other nationalities) we'd probably not be seeing posts like this and we certainly wouldn't have seen reports in the press of him being shady.  I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out that the cultural differences are where the mistrust comes from rather than any evidence that he isn't exactly what he claims to be.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4008 on: January 27, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
The only thing I'd say on this is that if he was English, or American (or many other other nationalities) we'd probably not be seeing posts like this and we certainly wouldn't have seen reports in the press of him being shady.  I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out that the cultural differences are where the mistrust comes from rather than any evidence that he isn't exactly what he claims to be.

that's just rubbish, everyone gets stick on here regardless, the Glazers, Mike Ashley, Dave Whelan, Randy, Gold, Sullevan, Brady I could go on
makes not one jot of difference where they are from

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4009 on: January 27, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »

that's just rubbish, everyone gets stick on here regardless, the Glazers, Mike Ashley, Dave Whelan, Randy, Gold, Sullevan, Brady I could go on
makes not one jot of difference where they are from

As John says, that is nonsense. There were quite a few of us who didn't buy into the unquestionable Lerner love in that went on when he first bought the club, Liverpool and Manchester United supporters certainly didn't take to their American owners, ask ANY Newcastle supporter about Ashley etc.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4010 on: January 27, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
And even if anyone is treating him differently, it's not a 'cultural difference' but rather the fact that if you own MBNA there are lots of reputable sources which will tell you how much that's worth. Sadly China, like the Netherlands, or Delaware in the US doesn't have the same attitude to making such information public.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #4011 on: January 27, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »
Perhaps a better benchmark for working out the credibility of Tony is the fact that RECON signed that recent deal with the City of Birmingham?  One would like to think the Department of Trade and Industry did their homework.   

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4012 on: January 27, 2018, 07:28:17 PM »
Perhaps a better benchmark for working out the credibility of Tony is the fact that RECON signed that recent deal with the City of Birmingham?  One would like to think the Department of Trade and Industry did their homework.
You might like to think so.

What is true, is there are lots of ways a credit worthy Chinese company or individual can obtain facilities for a UK company  from a Bank, without providing a charge over the Assets.

So Mr walnuts is right to be sceptical without the benefit of any verifiable information.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:35:23 PM by ChicagoLion »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4013 on: January 27, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
The only thing I'd say on this is that if he was English, or American (or many other other nationalities) we'd probably not be seeing posts like this and we certainly wouldn't have seen reports in the press of him being shady.

No, but if he were English or American and was the owner of a (according to reports) multi-billion pound enterprise, there would be a lot more information publicly available about both him and his company.

If our owner were from Kansas or Kettering and there was as little information in the public domain as there is about Xia and Recon then I'd actually find the situation a whole lot more troubling.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4014 on: January 27, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »
Sorry John and Chris but I'm sticking to it but I think you've both got the wrong end of the stick, Chicago has just summed it up:

So Mr walnuts is right to be sceptical without the benefit of any verifiable information.

This is what I mean about the cultural thing, the availability of information just isn't the same in Chinese business as we're used to in Europe.  You gave a list of names but literally every one of those is questioned over their motives, ability or personality rather than their wealth, we all know that they have the money they claim and accept it.

What I'm getting at is that whilst we don't have any evidence about his personal wealth we can see the valuations of the companies and so far he's done everything he claimed he would so, while I understand some of the skepticism, I think he's earned some measure of trust to this point.  If the accounts come out and suggest things haven't been done in a way we should be comfortable with then we can start questioning him but before that I just think it's being incredibly unfair, both because of the differences above and because Lerner was a false dawn.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4015 on: January 27, 2018, 08:30:27 PM »

How many contracts were the demonstrably bust Carillion awarded by the Government again?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4016 on: January 27, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
I’m pretty sure that Recon website only materialised in 2015. 

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #4017 on: January 28, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
Apologies -Deleted Post
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:36:58 PM by Billy Walker »

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #4018 on: January 28, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »

Here's another new website:

http://www.teamaxsc.com/

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4019 on: January 31, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »
Not from the Doc but his main man Ro has suggested/hinged/teased on Twitter that a signing might be about to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal