collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541498 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #3990 on: January 26, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
I think the thing is nobody knows how much he's worth.

So far I like this billionaire versus the one we had previously who ended up being skint because his mum didn’t want him emptying any more of his piggy bank on us. But you’re right. We have no actual idea how much he’s worth.
Forbes $1.11billion

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3991 on: January 26, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
We follow our hearts, even on the smallest of boats....

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/List/cid/126

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #3992 on: January 26, 2018, 11:44:36 AM »
"RECON invests in the other five RECON business sections, supporting growth-oriented businesses around the world. Its unique approach helps its portfolio companies recognize their potential in collaboration with RECON. Supported by RECON Capital, they grow core businesses, launch new initiatives, make transformative acquisitions, and upgrade technologies to become a more important part in the whole industry chain or ecosystem.

By 2015, the Private Equity sector manages more than 16.5 Billion USD assets and six M&A funds over 7.5 Billion USD. RECON capital is shaping a better world by providing capital, expertise and resources for a new smart economy globally."

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/List/cid/138

I've no idea what all the above means in terms of  the Doctor's personal wealth or scale of ambition for Villa, but if he's willing to put such figures out there in public it would suggest he has nothing to hide and these are legit figures.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:55:50 AM by Billy Walker »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3993 on: January 26, 2018, 01:09:32 PM »
I am not saying he's a chancer, I am saying I'll believe his financial credentials when I see them confirmed in figures with the name of a big accountancy firm at the bottom saying they are happy.

Slight point of order but the Villa's accounts will give absolutely no clue as to how wealthy the Doctor is.  If we've raised funds from HSBC by mortgaging the club's assets then Tone might as well be on the dole.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3994 on: January 26, 2018, 01:10:14 PM »
Re: Middleton Hall Quarry. Just down the road from Bodymoor, so perhaps a replacement training ground?

Isn't HS2 going straight through Bodymoor?  So you'd expect the club to be looking at alternatives.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3995 on: January 26, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
There was an article in the Sutton Observer about HS2/Bodymoor Heath/Villa. HS2 only needs part of the land (about 10% or something), which we're in the process of completing a compensation package which has been agreed. We're then buying another parcel of land next to Bodymoor Heath and relocating the pitches that HS2 needs. Sounds like it's all pretty sorted.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #3996 on: January 26, 2018, 04:02:14 PM »
Re: Middleton Hall Quarry. Just down the road from Bodymoor, so perhaps a replacement training ground?

Isn't HS2 going straight through Bodymoor?  So you'd expect the club to be looking at alternatives.

Well exactly.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #3997 on: January 26, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
Has anyone had a look at Recon.com? Before you do...

1. Not Safe For Work NSFW

2. You may wish to engage Incognito mode anyway.

Tone made a billion like that?

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #3998 on: January 26, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »
Brilliant.   That's me sorted for the weekend then

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #3999 on: January 26, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
Ooh you are awful Dave!

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #4000 on: January 26, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
"RECON invests in the other five RECON business sections, supporting growth-oriented businesses around the world. Its unique approach helps its portfolio companies recognize their potential in collaboration with RECON. Supported by RECON Capital, they grow core businesses, launch new initiatives, make transformative acquisitions, and upgrade technologies to become a more important part in the whole industry chain or ecosystem.

By 2015, the Private Equity sector manages more than 16.5 Billion USD assets and six M&A funds over 7.5 Billion USD. RECON capital is shaping a better world by providing capital, expertise and resources for a new smart economy globally."

I've no idea what all the above means in terms of  the Doctor's personal wealth or scale of ambition for Villa, but if he's willing to put such figures out there in public it would suggest he has nothing to hide and these are legit figures.

The way I see it is that Tony is the Chairman of the Recon group, but doesn't mean that he is a large % owner. No one really knows where that money comes from. But he does have his own personal wealth from being the Chairman and likely made a fortune from it. It all looks a bit like Abramovich getting his money out of china and raising his profile in case it goes wrong over there. Looks at Abramovich's ex business partner. No one remembers his name and he is in jail now. Roman wouldn't care about ploughing a fraction into a football club for the insurance. I see the same with our Tony. As to his actual personally wealth and what he is going to put into Villa, who knows

Offline Diablo

« Reply #4001 on: January 26, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »

The way I see it is that Tony is the Chairman of the Recon group, but doesn't mean that he is a large % owner. No one really knows where that money comes from. But he does have his own personal wealth from being the Chairman and likely made a fortune from it. It all looks a bit like Abramovich getting his money out of china and raising his profile in case it goes wrong over there. Looks at Abramovich's ex business partner. No one remembers his name and he is in jail now. Roman wouldn't care about ploughing a fraction into a football club for the insurance. I see the same with our Tony. As to his actual personally wealth and what he is going to put into Villa, who knows
For some reason McMafia has crossed my mind.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #4002 on: January 26, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »
This tweeting shit is just the same as bitcoin to me. I don't understand  either.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4003 on: January 26, 2018, 11:34:25 PM »
I am not saying he's a chancer, I am saying I'll believe his financial credentials when I see them confirmed in figures with the name of a big accountancy firm at the bottom saying they are happy.

Slight point of order but the Villa's accounts will give absolutely no clue as to how wealthy the Doctor is.  If we've raised funds from HSBC by mortgaging the club's assets then Tone might as well be on the dole.

That's precisely my point - it will tell us how he is funding the club rather than just swallowing the whole "he's put huge amounts in" line unquestioningly.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4004 on: January 26, 2018, 11:39:25 PM »
So the 7th biggest bank in the world worth over 2.3 TRILLION dollars has zero doubts Xia is who he says he is and is happy to work with him and Aston Villa, but some fans need "proof" because... right, no reason.

Eh?

Do you know what them taking a charge actually means? It doesn't mean they have zero doubts at all, it means we're using the assets of the club as proof we're good for a loan.

Honestly, are you surprised some people are uncertain about his financial bona fides?

You're acting like we've shot his dog or something.

All I'm saying is that before going on about him being a billionaire who puts this or that into the club, it might be worth waiting to see the accounts.

Sorry if that's too upsetting for you to countenance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:41:55 PM by pauliewalnuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal