collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541491 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #3750 on: December 29, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
Something I really don't like about some of these new fangled owner types is when they walk on to the pitch to take the acclaim of the crowd. Well done, you've bought a football club that you have absolutely no previous attachment to no doubt in the hope of raising your or whoevers profile and making some money along the way. Unless of course you're Randy Lerner.

I don't have too much of a problem with it. It was kind of an introduction, a way of saying hello to the fans.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3751 on: December 29, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
Dr tony I am 110% sure wants it to work at a he villa. Just he bought a pit of a club with so much baggage and an ever increasing demanding fan base

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #3752 on: December 29, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »
Dr tony I am 110% sure wants it to work at a he villa. Just he bought a pit of a club with so much baggage and an ever increasing demanding fan base

I’m pretty much with him, dotty Tweets and all. But that loan was taken out in October 2016 at 3% above base rate. What was it for - paying for the January spree? General stuff? Or, in the very worst case, loading the purchase price back onto the club?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3753 on: December 29, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »
Something I really don't like about some of these new fangled owner types is when they walk on to the pitch to take the acclaim of the crowd. Well done, you've bought a football club that you have absolutely no previous attachment to no doubt in the hope of raising your or whoevers profile and making some money along the way. Unless of course you're Randy Lerner.

I don't have too much of a problem with it. It was kind of an introduction, a way of saying hello to the fans.

Once, I can sort of understand but absolutely no need to do it ever again.

Online Clampy

« Reply #3754 on: December 29, 2017, 01:01:22 PM »

Once, I can sort of understand but absolutely no need to do it ever again.

Has he done it more than once? I remember the first time he did it. I don't recall him doing it since. Mind you, we do tend to get in around 5 minutes before kick off.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #3755 on: December 29, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Seem to recall him appearing at a match this season.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3756 on: December 29, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »

He did it on his last visit. About 4-6 weeks ago I would guess.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #3757 on: December 29, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »
I really don't see what's changed under Xia. We are pretty much as bad as we were under Lerner and who knows how bad behind the scenes, what we do hear about doesn't exactly fill me with any sort of confidence and the sporadic nonsensical tweeting is as bad as hearing next to nothing like we did under Lerner.

Bruce has produced sporadic blips of performances amongst a sea of fucking dross albeit he's done it in the Championship and Lambert managed it in the Premiership.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, out of his depth and surrounded by people who haven't got a fucking clue so it would seem.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3758 on: December 29, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
If we were doing better on he pitch what the owner was doing off it would be entirely irrelevant. He’s provided significant resources to the two managers he’s employed. However those resources came about as the owner of the business he could have decided not to spend it but he did. And the resources provided should have been more than enough to see us doing much better than we are.

We continue to obsess over the owner when the finger should be pointed firmly at the manager and his inability to get the players playing to a level reflective of the investment made in them.

Online Taylor

« Reply #3759 on: December 29, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »

He did it on his last visit. About 4-6 weeks ago I would guess.
It was against Ipswich. The last time we played well, come on Tony we need you on the pitch again!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3760 on: December 29, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
If we were doing better on he pitch what the owner was doing off it would be entirely irrelevant. He’s provided significant resources to the two managers he’s employed. However those resources came about as the owner of the business he could have decided not to spend it but he did. And the resources provided should have been more than enough to see us doing much better than we are.

We continue to obsess over the owner when the finger should be pointed firmly at the manager and his inability to get the players playing to a level reflective of the investment made in them.

You could have said that at any time in the past seven (at least) years.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3761 on: December 29, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
The Villa engine seems ok for 10 minutes . Its the other 70 minutes which is the problem.

Whomever came up with the phrase, should be sacked on the spot, since it shows a total lack of reality to what has been occurring on the pitch. Its a piss take.

ok the 'Villa engine' sounds a bit cringy but I think it's exactly what we have needed for years
a clear football philosophy running right through the club at all levels

the big problem is we have the Steve Bruce football philosophy at the top at the moment so it all turns into a bit of a shit sandwich
bit like saying we are going to enter the 'Le Mans 24 hours' race and then turning up in a Datson Sunny

if and when we go for a new manager this football philosophy or Villa engine call it whatever you want ought to be paramount in importance to whoever we bring in

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3762 on: December 29, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »

Yes finger should be pointed at the Manager but it very quickly turns to whoever appointed the manager and then the Owner. Someone is ultimately responsible for making crap decisions.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #3763 on: December 29, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »

There are 641 pages of fingers being firmly pointed at the manager, most of the 251 pages on here are about the owner's nonsensical tweets, hardly obsessing.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3764 on: December 29, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »

Yes finger should be pointed at the Manager but it very quickly turns to whoever appointed the manager and then the Owner. Someone is ultimately responsible for making crap decisions.

The majority of managerial appointments end in failure. Sometimes it is entirely his fault, others it is organisational and then others it is down to bad luck. Sometimes the failure is predceded by a period of relative success at other times it is apparent much sooner. We seem to have gone though every combination of reasons in the last few years.

If things do not improve this season I will put it down to a combination of bad luck with injuries to key players, big signings failing to deliver and managerial inflexibility in not using the entire squad. That said, I am not ready to write it off just yet. There is still time for us to put together a challenge, we just have to hope that having Terry back and striker signings adds some impetus for the second half of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal