collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541337 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #3525 on: October 13, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
£22k job in the City? Better off staying in Liverpool.

A song reference I suspected nobody would get!

Aged as well as The Jam's rant against fat-cats 'pulling down houses to build car parks'.

"Who has the right to make that choice?
A man whose house has cost forty grand".

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3526 on: October 14, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
Tweeting isn't the brightest thing for a club owner to do.

disagree completely. fantastic way to communicate and relate to the fans.

What does he actually communicate to the fans?  what has he ever told us via Twitter? Might be my age, but I cringe when i read some of the shit he posts. A pound to the first person who reminds me that I'm not obliged to follow Xia on Twitter

Does it still count if I tell you a million times?

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #3527 on: October 15, 2017, 04:19:14 AM »
Mr Xia - (Doctorship UN-CONFIRMED don't forget)  ;D

Has just been fined by the FA over his twittling. About a Ref being biased or summatt...

Since he re-tweeted a 'Birthday Congratulaton' to Jimmy Saville, I believed his Twits were being checked in-house, because of his ignorance of UK culture and so on.
But he then went onto his un-intelligible  and abstract equations... but NO.... a few good results and he's back to his childish bravado.

One good way of keeping in touch with fans...is a bloody public interview now and again.

Or ONCE.  ;D

Basically, if you consider it's History, Mr Xia's twittles have all been about himself.

SELF-PROMOTING for fans,yes - imo - but most importantly directed to a dying doctrine of Football/Soccer INVESTMENT from  the Chinese mainland.

That approval is going ...exporting Capital to the Caymans/Luxembourg etc for football/soccer is now restricted. Xia shortfall ?

Coupled with a restriction on money exiting China, via football it now includes Hollywood investments.

Mr Xia is pretty well exposed financially. One Hollywood deal collapsing, Recon being harassed in HK. Mr Xia disappears on Twitter until Steve thrashes Barnsley and Burton.

Hmmmm  :D

BOT

No...imo...not the job of an owner to Twittle to fans, especially if no fan-saught info is given.

Just Self-Praise is not 'info' for us.

Bin wary of him from the start. He's given us millions, or rather Recon have.
He's trying to sell us in HK it appears, though his PR says he's seeking "investment"..

- he doesn't Twittle about that does he ? Except to say he's seeking another kind of investment in Hollywood, after his last one was de-funded. And investment is needed for Villa.... in the long term.

Meanwhile...how are the Villa Acadamies in India and China getting on ?  ;D

No Twittles about them,anymore.... after he delivered the shirts for the kids, took Photo Ops with the kids... no investment, no Acadamy

He's a chancer, a conman - imo - who has run on a long leash for a long period.

I will apologise when he lays the Foundation Stone on the Villa Theme Park or brings in millions for the Re-Naming of "Lotus Park"...unless Lotus is going belly-up as well. ;D

Lerner was a clown but always delegated football activity and saught advice from supposedly football savvy people
...MR Xia is also a clown, who condescends to fans, praises himself too often and delegated football activity to people NO OTHER CLUB would touch.

Savvy and Xia would be an oxymoron.

Rant over... just pissed that I knew what was coming at the Custard Bowl..... I blame Steve for his dinosuar and inflexible DNA...but I blame the real ignoramus and gambling man -- who it seems NEVER does wrong.

Let's hope his search for investments 'long term' in HK succeed. And they 'OUT Him' - pay him the money he's gambled on villa, sure..but get rid of him...and his stupid ego-fuelled Twitter account.

:D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:33:32 AM by alftitimus »

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #3528 on: October 15, 2017, 04:25:28 AM »
Good grief!

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #3529 on: October 15, 2017, 05:02:05 AM »
Zouch...... I'm villa through-and-through.

I'm just of an age where I think Doug's shenanigans were acceptable.  ;D

Lerner for a few years I thought was actually "Learning" so I rarely critiqued him on forums.

When I realised what a pr@tt he was, it was too late.

Then the soft-sell from Fox, about Xia designing the Olympic Stadium....having a Harvard Doctorate - (access denied by Xia - No Proof) - Villa Theme park - Rebranding us to Lotus Park for £X millions a year...and so on..it was getting too much for me, because NONE of it was ever proven.
Always remember ...Xia moves fast...others lay the path to dis-information..Xia just ignores it - He didn't Say It Did He ?
But it all went Xia's superstar staus amongst the naive.

So Yes...I'm really angry with Xia. Almost from Fox's lying. And Xia never explaining.

Actually NEVER explaining about ANY of his accomplishments he'd allowed others to convey...that have all turned out to be rubbish and lies.

I'm angry that he owns villa...I appreciate him draining Recon to buy cr@p players and pay over-the-top wages, to push us closer and closer to FFP Penalties.

I appreciate his gambling so much money on us..... BUT why in Hell's name did he not listen to the fans ?

EVER ?

Asking our advice, through his Twitter Account, or even a "jokey" poll  would have been better than telling us, teaching us and bludgeoning us with his "Wisdom".

Steve can't change, and Colin C doesn't seem to have much impact, other than putting the cones out on a wet day....Xia can change, because he owns us, and is allowed to have a whim.

Have another Mr Xia.....ask US  ;D

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3530 on: October 15, 2017, 05:25:23 AM »
Alf, for fuck sake, do one.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #3531 on: October 15, 2017, 08:05:07 AM »
I’ve decided I will read your posts through a Stephen Hawking style voice coder to help with the emphasis [smiley face>winky face>pukey face thingy].

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3532 on: October 15, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »
I had decided much the same Zouch except I read them with a Dalek voice.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3533 on: October 15, 2017, 08:25:45 AM »
E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E....

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3534 on: October 15, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »
Ban the emoji

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #3535 on: October 15, 2017, 02:15:05 PM »
Alf, for fuck sake, do one.

I couldn't have put it better myself

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3536 on: October 15, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »
Have never done twitter and just reading the last couple of pages I know I never will now. It''s like entering the twilight zone. I haven't a fuckin clue what most of the posts are about. Are they coded signals from a lifeform somewhere in the universe who are communicating with a few aliens that have made it to earth ?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3537 on: October 15, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3538 on: October 15, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
Waffle waffle, garbage, bullshit,

Weren't those the original lyrics to Rabbit by Chas and Dave?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3539 on: October 15, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
Waffle waffle, garbage, bullshit,

Weren't those the original lyrics to Rabbit by Chas and Dave?

That's our midfield when we kick off in league one next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal