collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541497 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #2775 on: August 13, 2017, 06:53:16 PM »
You forgot the Hannibal Lecter ice hockey goalkeeper mask Jimbo.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #2776 on: August 13, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »
Bruce should be more worried that Tone has gone quiet I think. If we lose to Reading and Norwich I honestly think he'll go.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2777 on: August 13, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »
Bruce should be more worried that Tone has gone quiet I think. If we lose to Reading and Norwich I honestly think he'll go.

Our promotion chances could be gone at that point. I thought Bruce would be a solid appointment. Proven at this level and with the biggest budget by far in the division. But he has gone for the standard British manager shtick of trying to buy his way out of trouble on "characters" and those that put their boots on.

Unfortunately, Terry and Whelan's legs are gone and our overstacked right side is not improved one iota by his mate Elmo.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2778 on: August 13, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »
He'll be jetting into Brum to give the players and coaching staff a power point demonstration of how best to leverage their synergies.

Today's presentation 'Maximamising your Opportunigoals"

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #2779 on: August 13, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
You forgot the Hannibal Lecter ice hockey goalkeeper mask Jimbo.

Absolutely, goes without saying.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #2780 on: August 13, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »

Im more worried about his next managerial appointment based on the complete and utter shitness of the first two and the millions spunked on dross

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2781 on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »

Im more worried about his next managerial appointment based on the complete and utter shitness of the first two and the millions spunked on dross

In the spirit of debate (not having a pop at all) I actually have a pretty high degree of confidence Xia & Co will pick a decent manager. RDM & Bruce were also rather good on paper and if the rumours are true we were in for Wagner then I think they will do alright. Xia wants winners, Wyness wants experience. I think that can work out for us.

I just hope they narrow down the list to progressive technical managers this time. I think they can and will hire someone good.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2782 on: August 13, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
Ah, Mr Moyes, we've been expecting you.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2783 on: August 13, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
And the nightmare continues.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2784 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »

That'll bring the crowds back

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2785 on: August 13, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »
If we lose Tuesday (which I am expecting) then the atmosphere Saturday will be knife edge stuff.
He's absolutely down for now, this won't be turned around. History of him shows us this. We have not had a single 90 minute performance from him to date in almost a full season! Anyone expecting that precident to change now is hoping on a whym. In his 10 months here we have had two periods of winless, horrendous form.
I wanted SB to achieve and be the man to take us up. Evidence clearly shows this will not happen. Results/performance are the polar opposites of what he says in press conference etc. The board and Bruce know we need to score 80 goals plus to have any chance of being in the correct positions. How many games under Bruce have we scored more than one goal? A handful at most?
Next, we have gone behind away from home 11 times in his reign and in all
11 we have not even levelled the scores at any point. This is pathetic. If I was the opposition I would make sure to start fast and get the first goal. No way back for us from that point on.
He is a dead man walking now. As rash as it may seem to others on the outside I would rather we sack him now. Get the new man in and at least give him the option of having a week or so of a transfer window.
Jokanovic is my ideal choice. He is frustrated at Fulham so easily gettable plus he has proven results to get us where we need to be. Alternatively dean smith would walk here if asked. Plays football the right way and wants his teams to be attack led. Apart from Fulham and Leeds, his side was the best we faced last season  and they whipped us both times. He would understand what it means to manage us and wouldn't accept this type of shit. Also as mentioned I think by others, our fan base would be more forgiving and give time due to him being Villa.,

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2786 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »
He'll be jetting into Brum to give the players and coaching staff a power point demonstration of how best to leverage their synergies.

Today's presentation 'Maximamising your Opportunigoals"

I like Opportunigoals. It has legs.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2787 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »
He's a dead man walking as it very much seems a case of when rather than if he's stacked. I'd love him to turn it round and makes a lot of us eat our words but I just can't see it.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2788 on: August 13, 2017, 11:54:40 PM »
He's a dead man walking as it very much seems a case of when rather than if he's sacked. I'd love him to turn it round and makes a lot of us eat our words but I just can't see it.

Yup. He has shown zero evidence he is going to change. I think he will be given a few more games but whether we win or lose I am mentally looking forward to a new manager. I am weary of Bruce ball. It just depresses me seeing my club playing that kind of crap. I was willing to hold my nose to give the bloke a chance to change but he just isnt going to.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2789 on: August 14, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
Like the general, they all go quiet when the going gets tough.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal