collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:53:08 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 07:52:17 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 07:48:15 PM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by usav
[Today at 07:46:50 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Tayls_7
[Today at 07:46:49 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:43:48 PM]

MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:32:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:23:03 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:53:08 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 07:52:17 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 07:48:15 PM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by usav
[Today at 07:46:50 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Tayls_7
[Today at 07:46:49 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by ez
[Today at 07:46:16 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:45:47 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:44:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541571 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »
To be fair, he tweets better in English than I could in Mandarin.
That would only be an issue if you were planning to run a Sichuan  food restaurant in Shanghai.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2016, 08:12:27 PM »
From what I have heard and read, the Club is actively trying to get the fans back on side after last season.  It looks as though Dr Xia has decided that open communication via Twitter is the fastest way of doing it.  I wonder if he is following sites like this and reacting to concerns raised by fans as most of his comments seem to be reactionary to discussions on here and elsewhere.

I do not think he is taking it too far.  Regarding transfers, he has not mentioned names of players we are interested in, so he is staying on the right side of the line, unlike some of the PL clubs who actively unsettle players either directly or by using their contacts in the media.  I do not think I have seen anything that he has said that has not been said widely by fans.

I think once the transfer window closes, his communications will reduce significantly.  However, people need to understand that 'face' is very important part of the make up of people from the Far East.  If Villa do not succeed, it will be a massive loss of face to him and he will take it personally.  Also, 'respect' comes from power and money and not by deeds as it is in the West.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »
That would only be an issue if you were planning to run a Sichuan  food restaurant in Shanghai.

Who leaked you my top secret Business Plan?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2016, 09:24:11 PM »
A bit of the top. That's just what happens in Twitter, because there is a finite number of characters to get a message across.

Are you not allowed to send more than one message?

Yes, but I'm guessing he's trying to get his message across as succinctly as possible. Also given that English isn't his first language it seems a bit harsh to criticise him when the meaning behind the tweet is absolutely fine.

Personally, I'd think that anybody who wrote something like "takes time 2get all right ppl" was a bit of a numpty regardless of who they were.

Thts textist, shrly?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #949 on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:43 PM »
Don't call me Shrly

Offline Damo70

« Reply #950 on: August 28, 2016, 10:11:57 PM »
Don't call me Shrly

We need to find out if Dr T is tough and ruthless or rough and toothless or if he is a man of extraordinary magnitude.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #951 on: August 28, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »

Ahaa so I unearthed you very easily @ #Ri-chardE. It was your name on a learning Mandairin list I found on number 7 bus!

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #952 on: August 28, 2016, 10:16:26 PM »

Ahaa so I unearthed you very easily @ #Ri-chardE. It was your name on a learning Mandairin list I found on number 7 bus!

Rumbled! At least my work for Mossad has yet to be exposed.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #953 on: August 29, 2016, 06:50:33 AM »
You deceive yourself roundeyes.  I already have a PM from undercover agent Frankmossadwasmyuncle listing all your spookery.  Including the bugging of the Shirley Temple.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #954 on: August 29, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
You deceive yourself roundeyes.  I already have a PM from undercover agent Frankmossadwasmyuncle listing all your spookery.  Including the bugging of the Shirley Temple.

Why are they bugging a Chinese restaurant on the Stratford Road?

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #955 on: August 29, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »

Blimey- is that still there? They had a restaurant and a take-away further down IIRC. I remember it with fondness as the first time I ordered a takeaway over the phone I was asked ( and I'll leave you to imagine, with respect, the heavy chinese accent involved) 'what your name?'  'Price' I answered( for that is my surname) response came back, '£6.50- but what your name? 'Smith' I replied and 'I'll collect in 10 minutes'- on the premise that that particular line of conversation had no potential conclusion.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #956 on: August 29, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »

Blimey- is that still there? They had a restaurant and a take-away further down IIRC. I remember it with fondness as the first time I ordered a takeaway over the phone I was asked ( and I'll leave you to imagine, with respect, the heavy chinese accent involved) 'what your name?'  'Price' I answered( for that is my surname) response came back, '£6.50- but what your name? 'Smith' I replied and 'I'll collect in 10 minutes'- on the premise that that particular line of conversation had no potential conclusion.

Sorry, it's closed down. It's an Italian now.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #957 on: August 29, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »

Oh well- another piece of my life's jigsaw lost down the back of the sofa of destiny. Thanks for the update- you'll be telling me next that the India Cottage on the Dovehouse Lane Parade is no more and Wiggy, the proprietor, he of the worlds most obvious toupee, has gone to his chosen maker.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #958 on: August 29, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »

The reach of our power knows no limits...

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #959 on: August 29, 2016, 11:19:19 AM »

TBAR got bored.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal