collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Dave
[Today at 07:03:07 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:01:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 07:00:08 PM]

MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:58:59 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:55:23 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 06:55:04 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 07:03:07 PM]

Re: FFP by Villatillidie25
[Today at 07:02:51 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:01:51 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 07:00:08 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 06:59:37 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:59:14 PM]

Re: MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:58:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 06:57:16 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541568 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #840 on: August 27, 2016, 07:35:40 PM »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, damned no matter what. I don't think he lost the game today, did he?

A Xia-esque post

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #841 on: August 27, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, damned no matter what. I don't think he lost the game today, did he?

A Xia-esque post
I get that you don't like the owner, and probably nothing he can do is right. But I don't think that something that rotten over the last 4-5 years can have one simple solution.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #842 on: August 27, 2016, 07:42:49 PM »

Nobody is suggesting that, Edvard. The discussion is over whether or not he's getting too involved with team matters (as judged by some of his tweets).

I hope he isn't. He's not really put a foot wrong thus far (other than the tweets IMO), and if he were involving himself too closely, it'd almost certainly screw everything up.

Offline Edvard Remberg

« Reply #843 on: August 27, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »

Nobody is suggesting that, Edvard. The discussion is over whether or not he's getting too involved with team matters (as judged by some of his tweets).

I hope he isn't. He's not really put a foot wrong thus far (other than the tweets IMO), and if he were involving himself too closely, it'd almost certainly screw everything up.
I have no chance of knowing this, but guessing since he is self-made, that he doesn't get involved in micro management, but he can have his say that what is happening isn't good enough, and demand that a solution is found quickly by the current setup. I would hope he does.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #844 on: August 27, 2016, 07:51:25 PM »
Wonder at what stage he takes his acoustic in to the dressing room to run some tunes past the boys?

Probably after the rumoured Powerpoint presentation.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #845 on: August 27, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »

I have no chance of knowing this, but guessing since he is self-made, that he doesn't get involved in micro management, but he can have his say that what is happening isn't good enough, and demand that a solution is found quickly by the current setup. I would hope he does.

Of course he can, and I'd agree, it does need to improve, but that's not what people are getting at - he's already had the team in for one session to discuss how he made a success of thing, and is talking tonight of how he needs a "big talk" to them.

They are just the first inklings that he might be getting over-involved. They might lead to nothing, but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing concern with the way that side of things is going.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #846 on: August 27, 2016, 08:02:27 PM »
I hope he understands that what might work in a business setting or even in China as a form of motivation is wasted on footballers who for the most part have just about sufficient education to turn on a light.

« Reply #847 on: August 27, 2016, 08:03:32 PM »

A Xia-esque post
I get that you don't like the owner, and probably nothing he can do is right. But I don't think that something that rotten over the last 4-5 years can have one simple solution.

It was more an attempt at humour by me, to be honest. Although I suppose if you have to explain your Jokes then it probably means they're not funny.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #848 on: August 27, 2016, 08:03:37 PM »

Commenting when the team is doing well is generally harmless but when we lose like today, there is no upside. I don't want him commenting on the game - that's for the manager.  Nothing good ever comes of owners being the spokesperson for the club. Leeds are a sobering example of that.

If we continue to struggle to get any momentum and he sacks Di Matteo in the next two or three months, we'll know the road we're going down.  I'm not convinced about him.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:05:36 PM by nick harper »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #849 on: August 27, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
It is one thing fans criticising on forums and obviously managers will have their say in the dressing room and sometimes in public. But an owner should maybe 'keep his powder dry' and if he has to show his annoyance don't do it every five minutes. Otherwise you end up being like David Sullivan.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #850 on: August 27, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »
For the sake of balance I am not convinced about RDM.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »

I'm in the minority who wishes he wouldn't tweet, so he's damned whatever he tweets as far as I'm concerned.

« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
He's just tweeted that it's a marathon and not a sprint. If he thinks I'm prepared to wait for 6 years before we become the World's best team he can focking whistle

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #853 on: August 27, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »
He's just tweeted that it's a marathon and not a sprint. If he thinks I'm prepared to wait for 6 years before we become the World's best team he can focking whistle

In five years time when we're heading to the Nou Camp or Bernebau we'll be talking about that time we lost 3-1 to Bristol City.

Offline Edvard Remberg

« Reply #854 on: August 27, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »
Come on! you have to explain the jokes ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal