collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541510 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #795 on: August 27, 2016, 02:48:49 AM »
He's now said that he's off to China once the window closes to focus on other Recon companies.
He says he will ALSO focus on... jeez can we stop looking for syntax to make us miserable?

Here you go so there's no confusion, wouldn't want you sleeping under the bed tonight:

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 2h2 hours ago

After the game &transfer deals done,I'll have to go back China and to US/Asia to run other Recon business.
Once when I was yonger, I did work on two things. But that is ridiculous

As I'm always telling the wife, multi-tasking is so overrated.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #796 on: August 27, 2016, 07:21:52 AM »
Xia is out of control and one of his underlings needs to have a quiet word. Are we a professional outfit or his personal plaything? Leave the tweeting to morons and trolls. That's what it is designed for.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2016, 07:32:17 AM »
Bennett is right, though. Tony should not be speaking about that stuff publicly.

It's exactly the sort of thing we'd be crucifying Brady or Gold for if they'd done it.

I do agree with this though. The transfer news that he comes out with is fine but some things should be kept in-house.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:37:42 AM by Clampy »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2016, 07:34:49 AM »
You must be careful what you wish for.  Would you sooner have an owner who treats the club as his personal plaything and pours money into getting better players, binning off blackguards, comes to games and cuts off the likes of Holloway at the knees or one who hides, communicates in riddles when he communicates at all and who does not sanction the buying of a single player when we are falling out of the Premiership like a stone?  For me it is a no brainer.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2016, 07:42:57 AM »
Let's enjoy it while we can, it makes a change to have an owner bogging us up.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #800 on: August 27, 2016, 08:23:09 AM »
i dont have an issue with him tweeting but for the chairman of companies worth billions some of them are naive at best

that we are signing a world class number 9, will be the biggest club in europe in 5 years and will be playing in the cl in under 5 seasons might sound positive to some to me it strikes me as small time

Online jwarry

« Reply #801 on: August 27, 2016, 08:34:15 AM »
You must be careful what you wish for.  Would you sooner have an owner who treats the club as his personal plaything and pours money into getting better players, binning off blackguards, comes to games and cuts off the likes of Holloway at the knees or one who hides, communicates in riddles when he communicates at all and who does not sanction the buying of a single player when we are falling out of the Premiership like a stone?  For me it is a no brainer.

Absolutely

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #802 on: August 27, 2016, 08:36:17 AM »
To be honest I'm ambivalent about his tweeting but given the nose diver we were in and the deep, deep negativity about the place after the pas few seasons I do feel like an extreme/unhinged absurdly ambitious guy like Xia is more what we needed than a quiet and dignified quietly rebuilding the club sort.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #803 on: August 27, 2016, 08:41:40 AM »
When we are on the Holte and singing that we are the greatest team the world has ever seen it never passes through our minds that it might not actually be true.  It is all part of the self induced fantasy world of football all proper fans inhabit.  Tony is indulging in that weakness but to me it makes him one of us, not a liar or a conman.  If Randy Lerner had ever been moved to sing at Villa Park he would probably have sung "...and it's Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC, we are probably in the top one hundred best teams the world has ever seen".

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #804 on: August 27, 2016, 08:45:51 AM »
When we are on the Holte and singing that we are the greatest team the world has ever seen it never passes through our minds that it might not actually be true.  It is all part of the self induced fantasy world of football all proper fans inhabit.  Tony is indulging in that weakness but to me it makes him one of us, not a liar or a conman.  If Randy Lerner had ever been moved to sing at Villa Park he would probably have sung "...and it's Aston Villa, Aston Villa FC, we are probably in the top one hundred best teams the world has ever seen".

FACT !! :)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #805 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »

Yes, Randy never 'got it'. The Dr has got it straight away.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #806 on: August 27, 2016, 09:08:50 AM »
I posted at the start of Dr Tony's tweeting that he was not going to stop any time soon, so we might as well go with the flow. There is no doubt a debate to be had about the reasons fr this tweeting compulsion, but that is not the pressing concern.

I was somewhat concerned about the breakdown of Bennett's transfer to Wednesday; can yoou imagine what we would be saying if an incoming player was undergoing a medical and their chairman suddenly decided against the move?  As far as I recall, the medical is a formality at the very end of the process, unless he is a crock.

Now, we have Okore being shipped out contradicting what the manager said the day before to the local media.

The suspicion, probably paranoid at this stage, is that that Doctor X is dictating to  RDM.

Didn't something similar happen to us when we tried to sign James Milner the first time around?  IIRC, wasn't he at BH and Newcastle pulled the plug or the window closed.  Summat like that.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #807 on: August 27, 2016, 09:53:51 AM »
Social media is reality these days, whether we like it or not. I'm surprised Tony's tweets haven't led to a bigger onslaught by fans of other clubs. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that other clubs' fans may be a bit surprised and jealous of his openness on Twitter.

That said, I do hope he withdraws from it a bit once the transfer window closes. It will likely get a bit tedious and embarassing in equal measure if he keeps it up once there's nothing really except results for him to twatter about.

Just get rid of a few more and bring a couple more players in Tone, then keep a lower profile would be my advice to him.

Suspect we'll be getting the dead of night tweets from him for a while though, til the online backlash starts.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #808 on: August 27, 2016, 10:17:19 AM »
I have to admit to finding the good Dr's tweets a refreshingly candid and unsanitised change from the dull ramblings of his predecessor.  However, I think it has only gone unchallenged because we're a big fish in a small pond being in the Championship. If he were to continue once back in the Prem he would soon find himself in a media shit storm.  Hopefully he'll tone things down a little when it matters.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #809 on: August 27, 2016, 10:22:32 AM »
Fans need to put aside the PL money as that is needed to subsidise income to pay wages for the season.  Spending on players should be coming from his pocket.

Why should any of it come from his pocket?

There's a difference between his money and the clubs money.

If expenditure exceeds income, the difference has to come from some, either investment or debt.  I was trying to point out that saying what we got from the PL is what we are spending on players would mean that investment would be needed to pay wages, in a roundabout sort of way.

Like everyone (I would like to believe),  I hope that debt is not going to be used.  I do believe that there is enough money in football now to be reasonably successful without spending fortunes, providing the club is well run. Champions League football is a different matter.

'He' won't be just giving us money.  Prepare to see a loan from the Recon Group saddled on our balance sheet come the end of the next financial year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal