collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541532 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #780 on: August 27, 2016, 12:08:15 AM »
Bennett is right, though. Tony should not be speaking about that stuff publicly.

It's exactly the sort of thing we'd be crucifying Brady or Gold for if they'd done it.

We moaned about Lerner not saying anything and it came out in the press we pulled the plug on Bennett transfer to Wednesday and he told us how it was. I really don't see the problem.

Because there are a thousand intermediate points between Lerner being mute and a chairman saying too much on twitter.

Tony should not be talking about why we pulled the plug on transfers on twitter - that is way, way too much information to be sharing publicly. It is *exactly* the sort of online shit we would crucify other owners for.

Yes, saying more than Lerner is good. That does not mean that anything more than Lerner said is fine - it is possible to go too far the other way.

He's said we're after a "world class" striker and an attacking midfielder.

You wait and see what happens next week if we don't sign one or either of them. The morons will pile on and it will go to shit. I can't believe anyone can't predict that sort of end to it all. It is already happening - look at the ruck over Samuelson. I personally think it's a totally reasonable question to ask him but it is now going to descend into a gigantic twitter ruck and will no doubt get the media involved.

He should show some professionalism and realise that this is exactly why clubs have social media professionals. I'm amazed a businessman with such a track record of success can't spot this. Maybe it's a Chinese cultural thing (and no, that's not me being racist, it's me referring to the somewhat different political and cultural approach to social media in China).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:10:54 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #781 on: August 27, 2016, 12:11:46 AM »
The mistake there was the world class bit.  I like his open nature but he needs to dial it down a little bit.  At the same time there is positivity about the place and a bit of confidence and I think he helps that.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #782 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
He might be saying 'world class' to let his real target know what we think of him?  As long as he doesn't breach confidentiality, I think he's ok. I like the openness after a real barren spell. We asked for a connect with the club to be restored, perhaps some of this might be a little too much, but we can't have it both ways. I think it will slow right down after the window closes.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #783 on: August 27, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »
I like the approach, though it is full of peril. He may sometimes fly a little too close to the sun but he hasn't yet said anything that I would crucify another club's owner for saying on Twitter. In fact, I don't really care how other club's chairman conduct themselves on Twitter or what other club's fans might say or think. I don't see this being a long-term strategy either, I just think it's a way of healing the divide between the club and the fans while helping to get over any initial distrust that might have been there. He'll back off at some point. He may not stop altogether but it will probably be less regular, more about results on the pitch and any major announcements that he wants to get over.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #784 on: August 27, 2016, 12:41:01 AM »
Bennett is right, though. Tony should not be speaking about that stuff publicly.

It's exactly the sort of thing we'd be crucifying Brady or Gold for if they'd done it.

We moaned about Lerner not saying anything and it came out in the press we pulled the plug on Bennett transfer to Wednesday and he told us how it was. I really don't see the problem.

Because there are a thousand intermediate points between Lerner being mute and a chairman saying too much on twitter.

Tony should not be talking about why we pulled the plug on transfers on twitter - that is way, way too much information to be sharing publicly. It is *exactly* the sort of online shit we would crucify other owners for.

Yes, saying more than Lerner is good. That does not mean that anything more than Lerner said is fine - it is possible to go too far the other way.

You wait and see what happens next week if we don't sign one or either of them. The morons will pile on and it will go to shit. I can't believe anyone can't predict that sort of end to it all. It is already happening - look at the ruck over Samuelson. I personally think it's a totally reasonable question to ask him but it is now going to descend into a gigantic twitter ruck and will no doubt get the media involved.

He should show some professionalism and realise that this is exactly why clubs have social media professionals. I'm amazed a businessman with such a track record of success can't spot this. Maybe it's a Chinese cultural thing (and no, that's not me being racist, it's me referring to the somewhat different political and cultural approach to social media in China).

I agree with all that, and it's very likely to happen. But if and when it does, does it really matter? If it's all helped to galvanise us and put us in the front foot it'll have been worth it.

Normally what happens on Twitter stays on Twitter (and maybe the gutter press too). Who cares?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #785 on: August 27, 2016, 12:49:52 AM »

So how would you suggest he shows professionalism?  Keep stum like Lerner? We all know we are not going to get a world class striker, but the bloke has livened up the club IMO and it was certainly needed.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #786 on: August 27, 2016, 12:55:22 AM »
I posted at the start of Dr Tony's tweeting that he was not going to stop any time soon, so we might as well go with the flow. There is no doubt a debate to be had about the reasons fr this tweeting compulsion, but that is not the pressing concern.

I was somewhat concerned about the breakdown of Bennett's transfer to Wednesday; can you imagine what we would be saying if an incoming player was undergoing a medical and their chairman suddenly decided against the move?  As far as I recall, the medical is a formality at the very end of the process, unless he is a crock.

Now, we have Okore being shipped out contradicting what the manager said the day before to the local media.

The suspicion, probably paranoid at this stage, is that that Doctor X is dictating to  RDM.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #787 on: August 27, 2016, 01:02:59 AM »
Or it could just be that we were talking with the club but they were dicking about and rdm said we were happy to keep them as part of the negotiation.

The Bennett thing, I suspect, is that we were close to an agreement with wednesday and agreed to the medical whilst we were still talking but then we had an offer (from Cardiff) where we didn't have to sub his wages so we told them to match it or walk away.  The delay is probably that Bennett wanted to go to Wednesday not Cardiff so there was work to do getting him to sign.

I tend to believe the simplest solution in cases like this and he above is the obvious choice for that.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #788 on: August 27, 2016, 01:03:16 AM »
He's now said that he's off to China once the window closes to focus on other Recon companies.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #789 on: August 27, 2016, 01:03:46 AM »
It is brilliant- wait - others will follow

Offline Edvard Remberg

« Reply #790 on: August 27, 2016, 01:06:06 AM »
He's now said that he's off to China once the window closes to focus on other Recon companies.
He says he will ALSO focus on... jeez can we stop looking for syntax to make us miserable?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #791 on: August 27, 2016, 01:12:38 AM »
Or it could just be that we were talking with the club but they were dicking about and rdm said we were happy to keep them as part of the negotiation.

The Bennett thing, I suspect, is that we were close to an agreement with wednesday and agreed to the medical whilst we were still talking but then we had an offer (from Cardiff) where we didn't have to sub his wages so we told them to match it or walk away.  The delay is probably that Bennett wanted to go to Wednesday not Cardiff so there was work to do getting him to sign.

I tend to believe the simplest solution in cases like this and he above is the obvious choice for that.

From his comments, Cardiff would pay his wages and Wednesday wouldnt

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2016, 01:22:08 AM »

I did say, "probably paranoid".

Nonetheless, could you supply an example of a player undergoing a medical at BH, at which stage our Chairman/CEO announced, "Deal off, chaps" followed by a pop in in the social media of the day? 

In fact, in the history of transfer activities in the top leagues, how many have broken down at the medical examination where the  reason  is not erm ... medical?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2016, 02:02:48 AM »
He says he will ALSO focus on... jeez can we stop looking for syntax to make us miserable?

Here you go so there's no confusion, wouldn't want you sleeping under the bed tonight:

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 2h2 hours ago

After the game &transfer deals done,I'll have to go back China and to US/Asia to run other Recon business.

Offline Edvard Remberg

« Reply #794 on: August 27, 2016, 02:26:59 AM »

Here you go so there's no confusion, wouldn't want you sleeping under the bed tonight:

Dr. Tony Xia ‏@Dr_TonyXia 2h2 hours ago

After the game &transfer deals done,I'll have to go back China and to US/Asia to run other Recon business.
Once when I was yonger, I did work on two things. But that is ridiculous

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal