collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541531 times)

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #585 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »
I hope that the media doesnt turn on him though. Everytime they run bs story from a "source understands" he pretty much smashes it straight away and makes them look like the bullshit merchants they really are. Imagine if every owner did this? they would struggle for sales and clickbait eventually.

In the case of our marvellous local paper they would be stupid to turn on him because he does their work for them....they long gave up anything other than rehashing others work so Dr Tony is perfect for them.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #586 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »
I hope that the media doesnt turn on him though. Everytime they run bs story from a "source understands" he pretty much smashes it straight away and makes them look like the bullshit merchants they really are. Imagine if every owner did this? they would struggle for sales and clickbait eventually.

In the case of our marvellous local paper they would be stupid to turn on him because he does their work for them....they long gave up anything other than rehashing others work so Dr Tony is perfect for them.

All the Post & Mail write now is headlines; the rest is a collection of tweets and adverts for French Lessons.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #587 on: August 23, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »

All the Post & Mail write now is headlines; the rest is a collection of tweets and adverts for French Lessons.

Mr Cockthrottle, you forgot the lovely camera/face sessions that they do now too! Matt 'why print it when you can say it' Kendrick.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #588 on: August 23, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »
For me as a Villa fan, it was close anyway, but now he has made reading the The Mail completely irrelevant and obsolete. Just wait on he owner to deny a rumour or suggest a signing is imminent l, or has been made and it ends up being the case. No need for Kendrick or Evanns. Tony is making it look all very natural indeed right now on Twitter but it will be interesting when we get promoted how he handles the PL spotlight. Still I'm enjoying it.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #589 on: August 23, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
What I'm noticing on here is that a lot of people are coming round to seeing his twitter in the same way I did at the start.  The natural apprehensions took hold of a lot of people but now they're seeing the value of him doing what he's doing those are melting away.  There will be bumps, that's clearly unavoidable, but he's been canny enough with most of his messages that we can't really hold him to anything.  The world class 9 is the big one he now needs to get right, if that signing is as good as people are hoping then his summer on twitter will have been a complete success.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #590 on: August 23, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
I had my doubts about our Tone on twittering, I don't use it but find the updates from others brilliant to read. On having the funds to back up his claims of investment, we had heard a lot of new owners make bold claims only for them to disappear (are you listening Dogshitters and Bitters?) yet we have done some very good business along the window. His claim of sorting out the bad apples (apart from Richards being anywhere near the team) is as good as done. And if his current form remains we are about to get an exciting new CF.

I also remember Hollis stating that his vision to develop the local area was very exciting and recently he is pictured courting both Lord Mayors so I would imagine plans for that are developing as well

I really think every fan and every player owes it to this guy to do everything we can to repay him with a return to the big money league

UTV

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #591 on: August 23, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »
What I'm noticing on here is that a lot of people are coming round to seeing his twitter in the same way I did at the start.  The natural apprehensions took hold of a lot of people but now they're seeing the value of him doing what he's doing those are melting away.  There will be bumps, that's clearly unavoidable, but he's been canny enough with most of his messages that we can't really hold him to anything.  The world class 9 is the big one he now needs to get right, if that signing is as good as people are hoping then his summer on twitter will have been a complete success.

we heard it there first :-)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #592 on: August 23, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »
I had my doubts about the good Doctor from the start, I have been extremely sceptical about everything that's gone on from the takeover, the board, the twittering etc

so hands up, he hasn't put a foot wrong so far

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #593 on: August 23, 2016, 01:30:49 PM »
The test for him will be when we go through a sticky patch but it's worked better than I thought it would so far and I was one of the one's who thought he should never have joined up to twitter in the first place.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #594 on: August 23, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »
I had my doubts about our Tone on twittering, I don't use it but find the updates from others brilliant to read. On having the funds to back up his claims of investment, we had heard a lot of new owners make bold claims only for them to disappear (are you listening Dogshitters and Bitters?) yet we have done some very good business along the window. His claim of sorting out the bad apples (apart from Richards being anywhere near the team) is as good as done. And if his current form remains we are about to get an exciting new CF.

I also remember Hollis stating that his vision to develop the local area was very exciting and recently he is pictured courting both Lord Mayors so I would imagine plans for that are developing as well

I really think every fan and every player owes it to this guy to do everything we can to repay him with a return to the big money league

UTV

We've got two Lord Mayors?

Stitch that M*********!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #595 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »
Carl Rice and who?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #596 on: August 23, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
Carl Rice and who?

We haven't. The other bloke was John Clancy, BCC leader. He's the one with the power. They're both Villa fans I think, Clancy certainly is.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #597 on: August 23, 2016, 01:52:23 PM »
I had my doubts about the good Doctor from the start, I have been extremely sceptical about everything that's gone on from the takeover, the board, the twittering etc

Agreed and very early days. Spending our Premiership payment in the Championship is far easier and goes a lot further than the cost of the rebuild should we get promoted. The parachute payment will be over £60m less than the teams that managed to survive. It really was the worst year to get relegated.

Saying that, right now I'm pretty happy that we seem to be doing everything I expected for us to be in a position for automatic promotion. For once, we actually look like we might be 'prepared'.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #598 on: August 23, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »

Agreed and very early days. Spending our Premiership payment in the Championship is far easier and goes a lot further than the cost of the rebuild should we get promoted. The parachute payment will be over £60m less than the teams that managed to survive. It really was the worst year to get relegated.

Saying that, right now I'm pretty happy that we seem to be doing everything I expected for us to be in a position for automatic promotion. For once, we actually look like we might be 'prepared'.

Yes, now we've dropped 'prepared' bit from our badge, it looks like we're becoming it.

Quick, drop the star as well.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #599 on: August 23, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »
Does anybody else see this thread title and think to themselves:

"This is a song about a superhero named Tony, it's called Tony's Tweets"

or is it just me?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal