collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541538 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #495 on: August 20, 2016, 09:20:28 PM »
Jedinak's eligibility hadn't changed, his job hadn't changed, just his workplace. Everybody knows who he is. There's no sensible reason why he should have been prevented from doing his job while they change his paperwork.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »
Jedinak's eligibility hadn't changed, his job hadn't changed, just his workplace. Everybody knows who he is. There's no sensible reason why he should have been prevented from doing his job while they change his paperwork.

But if it worked like that wouldn't he have been available. When I lived initially in Toronto I was on a work permit. This would have been 1998-2002. I was offered a promotion but it happened to be in Ottawa. I was more than qualified for the position. However the process just to allow me to move cities with the same organization was so complex and the government made it challenging for me to move without significant evidence to prove of my qualification but as importantly that I wasn't taking the job of a Canadian citizen and existing resident of Ottawa. In the end my paperwork was approved and I was allowed to move, but it took the better part of 6 weeks. It seems straightforward and maybe it is for Jedinak, but you are dealing with work permits and government agencies. Nothing is as easy as it might appear.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »

But if it worked like that wouldn't he have been available. When I lived initially in Toronto I was on a work permit. This would have been 1998-2002. I was offered a promotion but it happened to be in Ottawa. I was more than qualified for the position. However the process just to allow me to move cities with the same organization was so complex and the government made it challenging for me to move without significant evidence to prove of my qualification but as importantly that I wasn't taking the job of a Canadian citizen and existing resident of Ottawa. In the end my paperwork was approved and I was allowed to move, but it took the better part of 6 weeks. It seems straightforward and maybe it is for Jedinak, but you are dealing with work permits and government agencies. Nothing is as easy as it might appear.

It's cuz he's even more furrin than a Frenchman!
When we Brexicate it will be easy ;-)

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:48 PM »

I'm not denying the bureaucracy. I'm just saying it's needless.

When I changed jobs abroad it was a few weeks before I got my official work permit, but I wasn't stopped from working.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »

I'm not denying the bureaucracy. I'm just saying it's needless.

When I changed jobs abroad it was a few weeks before I got my official work permit, but I wasn't stopped from working.

We have work permits over here, and they're tied to the particular employer.  I needed one for my first five years, and when I changed job in that time, my new employer had to reapply for a work permit.  Being in a normal job rather than sport though, the 4 week notice period meant that it was taken care of before I started at the new place.  Had I been in the position of needing the paperwork for an immediate start like Jedinak, I'd have had the same short wait.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »
There are 2 things I have little to do with work wise but when forced to be involved with guaranteed to piss me off beyond words - proof of right to work in the UK and DBS checks.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #501 on: August 21, 2016, 01:58:41 PM »
Hmm. Dr X's latest tweet seems to imply that Ravel Morrison had not been on our list but now is.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »
What did he say?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #503 on: August 21, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
There are 2 things I have little to do with work wise but when forced to be involved with guaranteed to piss me off beyond words - proof of right to work in the UK and DBS checks.

DBS checks <shudder>. The SIA offices closed recently as well - no wonder nobody can get job!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #504 on: August 21, 2016, 02:04:43 PM »
What did he say?

He said

Until today, he hasn't been on our list.

So does he mean up until this point he hasn't been considered and still isn't, or up until this point he hasn't been considered but now is?

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #505 on: August 21, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »
Please no, Ravel is not the answer to our issues. There is a reason he cant stay at a club for any length of time, it's because he has a bad attitude, is inconsistent and is over-rated anyway.

We are working to get rid of the existing bad attitude players, why bring one in at this point.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #506 on: August 21, 2016, 02:12:39 PM »
Please no, Ravel is not the answer to our issues. There is a reason he cant stay at a club for any length of time, it's because he has a bad attitude, is inconsistent and is over-rated anyway.

We are working to get rid of the existing bad attitude players, why bring one in at this point.

A loan deal wouldn't be a risk. We need creativity. I still think  Gil would've been good in this league.

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #507 on: August 21, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »
What did he say?

He said

Until today, he hasn't been on our list.

So does he mean up until this point he hasn't been considered and still isn't, or up until this point he hasn't been considered but now is?
He could well just mean "He has never been on our list, and still isn't". Germans use "until today" in that way. It's a translation thing.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
Please no, Ravel is not the answer to our issues

I'd say he's exactly the answer to our issues. He's got a bit of pace, he's creative, he takes players on and he can score goals from midfield. Which of those qualities do we currently not need out of interest ?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #509 on: August 21, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
Please no, Ravel is not the answer to our issues

I'd say he's exactly the answer to our issues. He's got a bit of pace, he's creative, he takes players on and he can score goals from midfield. Which of those qualities do we currently not need out of interest ?

Those qualities would be great if that's all they came with, but unfortunately it's the mental side of his game that's the problem.  How many times have "problem" players worked out well for teams, especially us?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal