collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: India  (Read 7852 times)

Offline peter w

Re: India
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 05:09:15 PM »
Isn't this something that was set-up under the Lerner regime?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »
all of these puns are making me mad ras hell  >:(

Especially when they refer to places not in India (but in Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc)

They should be Siouxed for such ignorance.
I agree, and it needs to be done tonto.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
Now your Gupta believe it
We goa  w India  league

Offline peter w

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »

Especially when they refer to places not in India (but in Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc)

Bhut an excellent pun is still worthwhile.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »

Bhut an excellent pun is still worth
sikhing out

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 09:52:23 PM »
Cracking idea, needs to be run properly and not as a gimmick.  One issue will be work permits. 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2016, 10:34:20 PM »
It's all about shirt sales really. We don't expect many Indian lads turning up here very soon. We may run a nursery club out there to maximise retail activity.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »
I don't know but I wouldn't have thought shirt sales would be too great. In a poorer country such as India wouldn't most football shirts be fakes, rather than the overpriced, sweatshop-produced originals?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
I don't know but I wouldn't have thought shirt sales would be too great. In a poorer country such as India wouldn't most football shirts be fakes, rather than the overpriced, sweatshop-produced originals?
Do they not cut out the middle man? ;)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2016, 10:51:54 PM »
Yes faking it is a problem however Pune is a young vibrant place full of  totally aware well educated savvy punters who would spend good money on original branded stuff. City has a population of about 4 to 5 million so could be an interesting market place.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »
If we can find a world class Indian player from the Midlands or India and a World Class Chinese player for Aston Villa we would be very very popular. If South Korea can manage to develop good players enough for Premier League, then they could look at South Korea and Japan for role model.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 10:58:21 PM »
It will probably end up producing fuck all, and quietly die a death, but hey, at least he's having a go.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:04 AM »
Just the way the game is going.  I'm not moved by it either way.  Our problems right now have very little to do with the brand of Aston Villa itself.  Rather its because of years of mismanagement and how far we have fallen behind many other clubs.  We're a big club anyway, and that's not going to change anytime soon.  Likewise we are not going to get any bigger anytime soon either.  Partly because of us, and partly because of the way football is. 

This does send signs to me than our new owner might not be in this for the best of reasons.

Offline peter w

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2016, 06:22:42 AM »
It's all about shirt sales really. We don't expect many Indian lads turning up here very soon. We may run a nursery club out there to maximise retail activity.

Doubt it. How many genuine shirt sales will you see in India? never mind that there is very little in terms of football shirts across the board but given the price the cheap knock-off alternatives will always appeal. This is just a link-up to try and tap into a market with potential 500m or so potential players coming through. I actually mentioned this to the General back in around 2006 that the sub-continent should be tapped into given the amount of people there and the lack of any English football club's footprint.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2016, 08:32:18 AM »
The more we can reinforce the special relationship between India and Brum the better imho. Good stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal