collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Adama Traoré - GONE  (Read 91275 times)

Offline footyskillz

Re: Adama Traoré - GONE
« Reply #495 on: December 06, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »
The guys a class act just needs refining and developing. Having been schooled at Barcelona and attacking game he has struggked over hete with diffetent tactics and was not playing yester due to tactics same as those villa matches  (and wages) he ll be amazing once goes back to la liga after learnibg some more aspects in England

Article in guardian:

Adama Traoré arrived in England trailing a reputation as an astonishing hybrid of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Perhaps predictably, it did not take him long to disappoint his new public

“It was good to hear that from Tim,” says Middlesbrough’s elemental winger, diplomatically recalling the moment when Tim Sherwood, the manager who brought him from Barcelona to Aston Villa for £7m during the summer of 2015, described his game as “a bit of Messi and a bit of Ronaldo”.

He added: “But when people think it’s possible that I can play like this, and then I don’t, those people question you.”

Considering that Traoré is still only 20 and arrived at Villa Park having made only four appearances for Barcelona’s first team, it seems no surprise that he struggled to marry extraordinary pace and dribbling ability with an end-product.

As the relegation-bound Villa entered a tailspin and Sherwood was replaced by Rémi Garde, Traoré became a scapegoat for the club’s wider problems. With his £40,000-a-week wage depicted as a millstone, there was barely concealed glee when, on last summer’s transfer deadline day, he was dispatched to Teesside in exchange for Albert Adomah.

After a slow start, Traoré has begun Boro’s past five games, swiftly becoming a crowd favourite and lending Aitor Karanka’s side a more attacking, improvisational, pace-suffused dimension which has not only upset full-backs but also helped improve results. While everyone acknowledges that the elemental, force-of-nature aspect of his game needs balancing with increased tactical discipline, Hull City’s defence will not relish facing Traoré when they visit the Riverside for the “relegation six-pointer” on Monday night.

“Aitor tells me I need to work on my tactics and the way I sometimes play the game because here in England it’s different to Spain,” he says. “If the team’s playing on the counterattack, I have to go back and defend. At Barcelona, it was a bit different. There wasn’t as much focus on defending and ‘doing your job’ when you didn’t have the ball. Aitor takes me to one side a lot and tells me the things he wants to work on. I don’t want to become a totally different player, but I know there are things I have to improve.”

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #496 on: December 06, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »
And yet Adama did not feature at all against Hull.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #497 on: December 06, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
Headless chicken.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #498 on: December 06, 2016, 06:05:47 PM »
class act? Fuck me. He's a player with a lot of potential but hasn't quite worked out how to unlock it. There is a lot of room to grow in front of him, but as Boro are finding out, Adama isn't always up for the fight.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #499 on: December 06, 2016, 07:40:27 PM »
I wouldn't be rushing to write off Adama. Ronaldo didn't have much end product until he was in his early twenties. Adama has a lot of talent, and I don't know if he'll make it but I wouldn't write him off for a lack of end product at this point.

Offline peter w

« Reply #500 on: December 06, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
He could be good, yes, but all he is right now is a very fast winger. just like Gabby when he first broke into the team. Also, who would you have rigth now a 20 year-old tony Daley (THAT Everton goals was a few days after turning 21), or a 20 year-old Adama? World class potentially? Maybe - but he's not shown an ounce of it thus far.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #501 on: December 06, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »
I wouldn't be rushing to write off Adama. Ronaldo didn't have much end product until he was in his early twenties. Adama has a lot of talent, and I don't know if he'll make it but I wouldn't write him off for a lack of end product at this point.

If by 'end product' you mean goals, then fine, I agree but in no way was he ever one dimensional, quite the opposite in fact, you'd struggle to find any player that has so many qualities; passing, dribbling, crossing, heading, running, the bastard had the lot.

Reading that article, it seems Adama is reluctant to change much his game. Fortunately it's no longer our problem.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #502 on: December 07, 2016, 01:00:35 AM »
Adama was one of 4 players that I hoped we'd keep.  I was gutted when he left because I thought he was a great option from the bench and possibly more if he developed his game.

After the dust has settled, I think we have got the better end of the deal (for a change) and have swapped a sub for a first 11 player.  Adomah has given a high level of performance and I'm sure that most would agree with me on this.  It seems he's a real character in the dressing room as well.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #503 on: December 07, 2016, 02:40:26 AM »
No doubt he still had a lot of things to improve upon, but the criticism about his end product confuses me a little - I'm pretty sure he managed something like 12-15 assists in his final season playing for Barcelona B in the Spanish second division, which I can't imagine would be much worse than the Championship, even with all the money going into the latter these days. Given that, I'm sure he could have produced a similar number if he had stuck around.

Happy with Adomah though - I think he and Jedinak have been our best players since Bruce took over.

Offline peter w

« Reply #504 on: December 07, 2016, 05:02:13 AM »
No, Segunda B (or whatever it is) would be like League One at best. For all the clamour for the delights of Barcelona/Real madrid and maybe half the top flight in Spain I'd wager that the bottom 5 or 6 in the Premier League would more often than not defeat their Spanish counterparts. As for second division newcastle, Norwich, us, and many more, could play all 20 in the respective Castillian division and win a lot more than not.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #505 on: December 07, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »
Adomah, or Adama, give me Adomah all day long, the kid may have alot of potential, but as I have stated about him before, a team player he is not and he has no positional sense once he ends up losing the ball again and again.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #506 on: December 07, 2016, 09:40:15 AM »
Right now Adomah is a far better fit for us.  He has been really good.  Maybe in the future Adama will turn in to the player some of us think he could be, but our need here and now is far more pressing.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #507 on: December 07, 2016, 10:18:34 AM »
Boro will be in that bottom 5 or 6 come the end of the season - 'if' we do have a sell on clause then let's hope he does a Juninho & excels in a garbage team & come the summer one of the better teams who can afford to carry attacking passengers for bench cameos will spend a ludicrous amount on buying him.  Adama will never be a team player but he has talent to create something out of nothing so clubs will always take a punt on him

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #508 on: December 07, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
No, Segunda B (or whatever it is) would be like League One at best. For all the clamour for the delights of Barcelona/Real madrid and maybe half the top flight in Spain I'd wager that the bottom 5 or 6 in the Premier League would more often than not defeat their Spanish counterparts. As for second division newcastle, Norwich, us, and many more, could play all 20 in the respective Castillian division and win a lot more than not.

I've looked it up, he spent his final season there playing in the second division, not in the Segunda B which is a tier below. I don't want to get into a debate about league quality, but I find it really difficult to believe that playing some bog-average Championship side such as Barnsley most weeks would have somehow been a noticeable step up from the teams of the Spanish second division, given all the technically-sound players they've been shitting out for at least a decade now, for Adama.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #509 on: December 07, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »
Reading his quotes in the Guardian article you can see why Barcelona moved him on.

He doesn't understand the Barcelona work ethic. If you see Barcelona lose the ball they work and work until they get it back. He was under the impression that this element of the game is for someone else. I don't think you will here the same thing from Barcelona's attacking players.

That article masked his attitude to his profession sound ridiculous. He only 'does his job' because the manager is banging on and on at him.

I enjoyed watching his odd run, but that little view into his mind set is enough to tell me we are well rid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal