collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forgive and forget?  (Read 22146 times)

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Re: Forgive and forget?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
As an absolute minimum we need to get rid of Agbonlahor and Richards, ironically the 2 club/team captains who treated us fans with utter contempt last season and for that I will neither forgive or forget. With N'Zogbia gone they are also the 2 highest earners at the club - and, if this piece in the Star in April is to be believed, between them they're stealing about £5.5M a year in wages. If we can offload the other three as well, fine, but Agbonlahor and Richards are an expensive disgrace who should never besmirch a Villa shirt again.

Offline john2710

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
If any of these players are wearing a Villa shirt this season & they show the right attitude on the pitch then they'll get my support. I've never booed any of them anyway & I'd hope that we all move on from last season.

Continuing the booing is counterproductive.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2016, 07:37:29 PM »
Gabby and Richards I want gone. Guzan needs to go for himself as much as anything else. Lescott, i'd prefer him gone but won't be livid if he's still here as long as his attitude is right. Bacuna, I quite like him but he was crap last year and I think became an easy target. I could be miles off and he just doesn't give a shite, but I think the reason he smiles after an error etc could be just his way. Watch how often a sportsperson smiles after they fuck up. Watch the darts as an example and see how often a player smiles or laughs after missing 3 darts at a crucial double. It's just how some people react to fucking up.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
Hard to disagree with your assessment PWS. I think we will shift Richards and Guzan but keep the rest.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
Bacuna's attitude is atrocious. Get rid.
Richards, big time Charlie wanker. Get rid
Lescott, lying arsehole. Get rid
Guzan, clown. Get rid.
Gabby, about 3 years too late, but get rid.

These wasters deserved every round of fucks they got from supporters at the end of last season. Charlatans and a disgrace to the profession.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 08:18:38 PM »
Bacuna's attitude is atrocious. Get rid.
Richards, big time Charlie wanker. Get rid
Lescott, lying arsehole. Get rid
Guzan, clown. Get rid.
Gabby, about 3 years too late, but get rid.

These wasters deserved every round of fucks they got from supporters at the end of last season. Charlatans and a disgrace to the profession.

110% spot on

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 08:25:36 PM »
Gabby and Richards I want gone. Guzan needs to go for himself as much as anything else. Lescott, i'd prefer him gone but won't be livid if he's still here as long as his attitude is right. Bacuna, I quite like him but he was crap last year and I think became an easy target. I could be miles off and he just doesn't give a shite, but I think the reason he smiles after an error etc could be just his way. Watch how often a sportsperson smiles after they fuck up. Watch the darts as an example and see how often a player smiles or laughs after missing 3 darts at a crucial double. It's just how some people react to fucking up.

That's what I've always thought as well. Let's face it, who in their right mind would grin after fucking up in front of 40,000 people?

Offline tim

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 08:29:56 PM »
It'll be interesting to see who the club use for the kit unveiling next week. It'll be a fucking disgrace if any of Gabby, Richards or Lescott are involved.

I have a feeling all 3 might though...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
None of them deserve to ever wear the Villa shirt again.

We need to go forward and kick this lot into touch.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »
It'll be interesting to see who the club use for the kit unveiling next week. It'll be a fucking disgrace if any of Gabby, Richards or Lescott are involved.

I have a feeling all 3 might though...

Richards is the only one I'm 100% confident will be sold. His age, former international, someone like Big Sam will buy him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
Keep Lescott, despite being a bit dim and having legs that are only getting slower he will still have more nous and better positioning than every centre back in that division. I think he'll be motivated to help get us back up too.

Not too bothered over Bacuna, he could be decent back-up over a 50 game season.
Bin the rest, pay Agbonlahlor off with the money we could get from selling Richards. 
Guzan is a stinky remnant of the past six years and a departure is healthy for both parties.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »
Unpopular I know, but if we could get a tune out of Richards and see him and Amavi marauding from full back, then we could be a really dangerous side. That said, I do agree that he seems to think he's doing us a favour by being here. Guzan needs a fresh start, go. Bacuna and Westwood I just don't rate, whatever division. Lescott and Agbonlahor need to go too.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 01:24:48 AM »
It's a no from me- if we get off to a poor or even s slow start, those players will quickly become targets for the boo boys and we could be back where we left off.

Cast aside the shit and start again. You can excuse half a dozen or so poor individual performances in a season. But I don't see a way back for any of those mentioned in the OP.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 05:08:40 AM »
Gabby, Richards & Bacuna - I don't want to see anywhere near the place ever again.

Guzan - needs a move as much for his own good as ours. Just time for him to move on.

Lescott - I could maybe be persuaded there's a rationale for him staying but aside from his antics the problem is he's just not very good any more. I'd rather go with Okore & Elpnick.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:54 AM »
I do not want to see Richards, Guzan, Gabby, Lescott or Bacuna down the place ever again. Thankfully N'Zogbia has gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal