collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:18:48 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:17:47 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:16:32 AM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:16:20 AM]

Robin Olsen by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:14:52 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:14:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Want Away Players  (Read 9695 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Want Away Players
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 08:41:05 PM »
Ayew does seem frustrated a lot on the pitch, seems to get a bit petulant at times like West Ham away - but I can't blame him, imagine being the only decent player in that team? it'd piss anyone off.

lets not go overboard on his quality either, he got seven league goals and few enough assists that I can remember

I like him dont get me wrong, strong, quick, decent technical ability but a bit of a blind alley merchant

seems to lack the forward instincts to ever be a prolific scorer

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »
Ayew does seem frustrated a lot on the pitch, seems to get a bit petulant at times like West Ham away - but I can't blame him, imagine being the only decent player in that team? it'd piss anyone off.

lets not go overboard on his quality either, he got seven league goals and few enough assists that I can remember

I like him dont get me wrong, strong, quick, decent technical ability but a bit of a blind alley merchant

seems to lack the forward instincts to ever be a prolific scorer
I think he was signed as an upgrade on Weimann, which he was.

Playing that sort of inside forward role getting 10-12 per season in a decent side would be a good return.

7 and a couple of assists in our car crash season was a bloody miracle.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 09:05:33 PM »

lets not go overboard on his quality either
Saying he's decent is not going overboard...

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »

lets not go overboard on his quality either
Saying he's decent is not going overboard...

No it's not he was our best player week in week out and he also actually tried which was an upgrade on most of the rest of em

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 09:48:48 PM »
Absolutely. Ayew stood out like a sore thumb in our side as he showed occasional glimpses of quality and actually looked arsed.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
I would be disappointed if Amavi went, but can understand why. Grealish can be a major force, Ayew has talent but his attitude stinks at times and not sure the championship will tempt him much. The other senior players, they can all go forth and multiply.
Ayew? Attitude stinks at times?????????  WTF ?

West Ham away? Picked up a load of stupid yellow cards too

In comparison to Amavi and particularly Jack Who, he was a model professional though

You'll have to clarify the Amavi thing.

As I have no idea what you're talking about

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2016, 10:52:08 PM »
I think he's going to say that the player who at the time of his injury had made more tackles than anybody in Europe was bottling them or some shite like that.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »
I would be disappointed if Amavi went, but can understand why. Grealish can be a major force, Ayew has talent but his attitude stinks at times and not sure the championship will tempt him much. The other senior players, they can all go forth and multiply.
Ayew? Attitude stinks at times?????????  WTF ?

West Ham away? Picked up a load of stupid yellow cards too

In comparison to Amavi and particularly Jack Who, he was a model professional though

You'll have to clarify the Amavi thing.

As I have no idea what you're talking about

I think I can explain.

Online brontebilly

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2016, 11:24:11 PM »
I think he's going to say that the player who at the time of his injury had made more tackles than anybody in Europe was bottling them or some shite like that.

he was bottling them, costing us crucial points with his gutless antics and deservedly getting dropped for someone as shite as Richardson for a finish

though it appears some of you lot are already very much in the 'the longer they dont play the better they get' camp

come July time the revisionism may extend to the likes of Lescott, Richards and Agbonlahor

the only stat that truly matters when referring to our existing squad is last season's point tally

Offline Ads

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »
Do you have examples? The only tackle that stands out was the Bournemouth player he crippled on the opening day.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2016, 11:31:42 PM »
With the European leagues and Champions league being wrapped up and new mangers taking up their positions in the major European leagues we can start raking in the big money from the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Real and Barcelona for Bacuna and Okore.

Or more likely do a buy in bulk deal with Albion for them and Clark.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2016, 11:33:10 PM »

he was bottling them, costing us crucial points with his gutless antics and deservedly getting dropped for someone as shite as Richardson for a finish

though it appears some of you lot are already very much in the 'the longer they dont play the better they get' camp

come July time the revisionism may extend to the likes of Lescott, Richards and Agbonlahor

the only stat that truly matters when referring to our existing squad is last season's point tally

I'd be incredibly wary of drawing any conclusions or making any arguments based on any team selections made by Nice but Tim after mid September, when it became obvious he hadn't got a clue what he was doing and was picking his team selections based on McNeil's Special Theorem of Irrelativity.

Online brontebilly

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2016, 11:35:19 PM »
Do you have examples? The only tackle that stands out was the Bournemouth player he crippled on the opening day.

Palace for one

Offline Ads

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2016, 11:44:55 PM »
Where Guzan foolishly bowls the ball out to him in the dying embers, in a daft position, where he mistakenly tries to beat a man instead of lumping it? Erm, ok.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2016, 08:07:48 AM »
What we have to remember is these players are from overseas (the better ones we may want to keep), they signed for what they believed was a premier league club, within months of being here they found themselves in a shit storm that they have probably never encountered anything like it before, week after week of so called senior pros throwing their toys out of the pram,working under 4 managers in one season, we call the club a basket case, what must their views be, they have no loyalty to Villa and if they have clauses in their contracts, they will be gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal