collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: IQLowe: Adventures of a Villa fan  (Read 20877 times)

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
Re: IQLowe: Adventures of a Villa fan
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 10:57:35 PM »
There are those that do and those that don't and I know which group I'd rather belong to.

I think most of us who've watched your video would rather you belonged to the other one, but I get the feeling that no-one really cares as much as you think, so there's no need to get quite so defensive about it all!
There's no -one on trhe defence here bud. I'm sure most of you find me very offensive. 8)

Not really! You're one in a fairly long line of temporary H&V mascots at the moment. This thread is slightly more entertaining than last season's match threads were... But only slightly!
I'll say this for you: what you lack in self-awareness you more than make up in self-belief... Bud!  8)

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 04:54:57 AM »
You know that smell when a badger has been hit by a car and its crawled under your shed to die and you find it a week later, fly blown and rancid?

That.
You really ought to stick to French, ma biche. Your English is stale and cliched.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:59 AM »
There are those that do and those that don't and I know which group I'd rather belong to.

I think most of us who've watched your video would rather you belonged to the other one, but I get the feeling that no-one really cares as much as you think, so there's no need to get quite so defensive about it all!
There's no -one on trhe defence here bud. I'm sure most of you find me very offensive. 8)

Not really! You're one in a fairly long line of temporary H&V mascots at the moment. This thread is slightly more entertaining than last season's match threads were... But only slightly!
I'll say this for you: what you lack in self-awareness you more than make up in self-belief... Bud!  8)

To be accused of being only slightly entertaining than the team to which you sold you soul, GJ, is the most devastating criticism I've received to date.

You sure know how to hurt a man.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »

To be accused of being only slightly entertaining than the team to which you sold you soul, GJ, is the most devastating criticism I've received to date.

You sure know how to hurt a man.

You seem alright for a 'nose, and most of us on here are fairly accepting to people who seem quite reasonable in their postings.  So if you genuinely like the place, then stick around, but try not to bring the Blues into everything.  And accept the fact that absolutey nobody finds your videos funny, on any level.  I'm sorry to be so brutally frank, but they really aren't.  Nothing to do with your football allegiances, I say the same to Jon Crofts when he posts in the Jokes thread in Off Topic! ;)

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:06 AM »
Sorry, I can not accept the fact that nobody but nobody finds my videos funny because I've met a few who do- Villa fans too.

I'm not quite so stoopid as to think that I'f be welcomed with open arms on this of all forums. Not all Blues fan like 'em but some do if only

because some will laugh at any attempt to mock the hated neighbours.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 05:55:46 AM »
Sorry, I can not accept the allegation that nobody but nobody finds my videos funny because I've met a few who do- Villa fans too.

I'm not quite so stoopid as to think that I'f be welcomed with open arms on this of all forums. Not all Blues fan like 'em but some do if only

because some will laugh at any attempt to mock the hated neighbours. I've had one or two "brilliants" some "quite funnies" some "mildly amusing"

and some "not for me". Also I don't bring Blues into everything I really don't and if you think that then may I suggest that you have more careful look

at previous posts.

Also the flak I'm getting on here is nothing to the stuff I got when I posted on the Small Heath Alliance.

But thanks for your largely courteous post I do appreciate it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:02:34 AM by IQLowe 33 »

Offline el león Benidorm

• GM : 28.05.2015
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 06:03:55 PM »
Sorry, I can not accept the allegation that nobody but nobody finds my videos funny because I've met a few who do- Villa fans too.

because some will laugh at any attempt to mock the hated neighbours. I've had one or two "brilliants" some "quite funnies" some "mildly amusing"

and some "not for me". Also I don't bring Blues into everything I really don't and if you think that then may I suggest that you have more careful look

at previous posts.

Also the flak I'm getting on here is nothing to the stuff I got when I posted on the Small Heath Alliance.

But thanks for your largely courteous post I do appreciate it.

Sorry, you are like one of those morons that goes on XFactor or BGT and when they give you the inevitable - you start bleating.

Comedy is all about personal taste. What you find funny, may not appeal to the masses. Given the feedback on here, it doesn't.

If you think you are funny, try out for talent shows. Try out for BGT. Go to open mic nights.

If you fall on your arse, you will be left with a choice. Rework the material, try a different crowd or give up.

My mates think I am funny too - most think I am crass and sometimes have no filter - but funny.

What I am saying is... just because your mates think you are funny not everyone does.

Offline peter w

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 06:18:33 PM »
Sorry, I can not accept the fact that nobody but nobody finds my videos funny because I've met a few who do- Villa fans too.

because some will laugh at any attempt to mock the hated neighbours.

These people that you say like your stuff are the friends or acquaintances of yours? Seriously, I'm baffled as to the direction or point of your video and it seemed pissed pub ramblings of some nutter than social comment or comedy. Maybe the second instalment will tie it in more but as it stands it doesn't offer a great deal.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
well at least that gets a bit nearer to some sort of analysis than the "you're absolutely crap, mate"  line I get from most of yous and I thank you for it, Peter w. yes I did intend to presson with some more stuff and very little of it will anything to do with football. As far my mates go some have offered some suggestions which I intend to take on board and some have said the whole thing is hard to follow.

Yeah, even I can see that I fluffed some lines and yes I do think my diction needs to be adressed. Contrary to what some seem to believe on here I don't think it's ground breaking comedy I just think it has some potential and yes I do think some of it is actually quite good.

I have in fact performed comedy in the past and have been complimented by the likes of Will Smith (the thick of it) and Sean Lock. It's also true that I bombed more often than not but in my defence I should point out that I suffered from such paralysing stage fright that I simply couldn't perform. Harry Enfield suffers from the same affliction as I'm sure a good many others do.

Besides the IQ Lowe thing is a very minor part of the whole project and I'd like to be through with him soon before I move on to other stuff.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »
Yeah, even I can see that I fluffed some lines and yes I do think my diction needs to be adressed.

Although you want to appear spontaneous, you should really rehearse until you're only 'fluffing' the lines that are supposed to sound 'fluffed'. It's distracting, more than anything, if you're listening to something and aren't sure which bits are deliberate and which are accidental.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »
You need to stop doing that thing you do when you sort of tut/smack your lips together inbetween saying different sentences.  It's the sort of thing that goes unnoticed in a normal conversation, but is a bit annoying on something that's being broadcast.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 01:44:15 AM »
Okay, I've watched three of your videos now.
I could do an insightful review and critical dissection but it's late so I will just say that they are absolutely fucking awful, sorry.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 05:43:36 AM »
Fine, but anyone can be a critic. But thanks for looking anyway.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 08:13:56 AM »
Being nice, I think it might work better as a character in an ensemble piece, like in a sitcom, rathee than just one bloke talking to camera.

You'd have to find some mates to work with or just have it so the camera cut between you in a number of elaborate costumes.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:34 AM »
Being nice, I think it might work better as a character in an ensemble piece, like in a sitcom, rathee than just one bloke talking to camera.

You'd have to find some mates to work with or just have it so the camera cut between you in a number of elaborate costumes.
Thanks. It wasmy first attempt at any thing of this nature and I wasn't expecting to get it right first time out. Even my missus thinks that despite having some good lines it doesn't really work. Constructive criticism I welcome- I want to do it better after all. I aint too impressed with the "you're a complete wanka line," though. Even if it were true. Let's face how many complete wankas actually like being called complete wankas?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal