collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:20:29 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:20:29 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:12:26 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 03:08:28 PM]

Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:04:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:01:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When does the Booing stop....  (Read 29676 times)

Offline liam

When does the Booing stop....
« on: April 25, 2016, 01:03:33 PM »
I sat there on Saturday with my kids and the 11 year old said there never going to get any better while we keep booing are they... I explained that the booing only really started once relegation became obvious. However I do wonder when we draw the line in the sand and move on - 1 home game left where most of Villa Park would like to see us get a result and drag the opposistion down as well.
Has the point been made?
Are we starting to look a little small time by the booing of the names before kick off?
In the 30 years I've been going down I can't remember it like this and although teams have been booed, never before kick off.

Just think personally its worth moving forward now looking towards next season - wonder how many others feel the same?

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: When does the Booing stop....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:07:45 PM »
3 more games to boo them mercilessly. It should stop after the final whistle at Arsenal.

As for "small time", the only positive comments I've received recently about us from non-Villa fans have been about how our fans have protested in these last few weeks and how impressed they are with Villa fans.. Fuck this current team, make them squirm on the pitch for the next 3 games. It's the only time they are ever forced to listen to Villa fans.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
I do

There was a point in the first half that Bacuna picked up the ball and was roundly boo'd. He then went on a little run into the opposition area and was roundly cheered for his efforts. It would have been interesting what would have happened if he had scored!!!

I actually think the players have got the message now (even if the Manager has not) and I think it is fair game to shout and boo at them when they leave the field - but not during.

I must admit if I got the stick Lescott and Guzan got during the game I would be terrified to even want the ball for fear of a mistake

It is clearly effecting their performance

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
I tend to agree; the booing, the signs, the paper planes - it all has a detrimental effect on whats going on the pitch.

However, people are pissed off and there is nothing positive about the team, management and the board. In fact the only ounce of good news that has come out of VP of late was Rudy feeding the homeless. Its a difficult one. I hope that if it does happen against Newcastle then this will be its the final hoorah (or boo).

Offline Richie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:06 PM »
I agree with what you're saying. However, there's just too much damage been done with some players for there to ever be any form of reconciliation.

Fingers crossed, they won't be wearing Villa shirts come August and we will have a team who want to play for the shirt and we can get behind.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
3 more games to boo them mercilessly. It should stop after the final whistle at Arsenal.

As for "small time", the only positive comments I've received recently about us from non-Villa fans have been about how our fans have protested in these last few weeks and how impressed they are with Villa fans.. Fuck this current team, make them squirm on the pitch for the next 3 games. It's the only time they are ever forced to listen to Villa fans.

Chico

I get your point but I don't think it is right. I want us to win against the Barcodes so have to try and support them

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »
I don't think it does make us look 'small time' at all, as Chico says the Villa support is the only thing about the club that gets any positives in the press, on TV, radio etc. The support has been tremendous this season and some of the gallows humour and way of showing our displeasure has been well received by supporters of other clubs.

As soon as the stadium clears at the Emirates that's when to stop but the last three games should be spent letting the owner and usual suspects know how highly thought of they are, there's a very good chance none of them will be at the club by the time next season starts.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:14:39 PM »
I must admit if I got the stick Lescott and Guzan got during the game I would be terrified to even want the ball for fear of a mistake

It is clearly effecting their performance

Guzan's appeared terrified of receiving the ball for a couple of years.

Lescott can't get near enough to the ball to have that worry

Offline exigo

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »
I'm going to the last three games to boo them incessantly.

There are two things that would make me stop:

1. The current lot put in the amount of effort expected of a top-flight footballer earning tens of thousands a week.
2. The manager starts picking the kids, who actually want to fight for the shirt.

In either case, they could expect 110% support. Until then, f*cking boooooo!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »
I think that the crowd will be more behind the players for the Newcastle game** because of the general hilarity of possibly relegating them again.

(**at least until someone cocks up again)

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »
Majority of the senior players are shite and a disgrace.
Take the example of Kevin Toner, roundly applauded everytime he touched the ball.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »
I'm going to the last three games to boo them incessantly.

There are two things that would make me stop:

1. The current lot put in the amount of effort expected of a top-flight footballer earning tens of thousands a week.
2. The manager starts picking the kids, who actually want to fight for the shirt.

In either case, they could expect 110% support. Until then, f*cking boooooo!
I think if some kids were picked the atmosphere and encouragement would be really good.
We just want to feel that the team is making some friggin' effort.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »
I think if we get an new manager in before the season-end then the abuse should stop. New leaf, and we don't what the toxicity continuing into next season.

Other than that, carry on giving it to those that deserve it for their sloth, negligent performances, opening their gobs/twitter accounts or any mix of the above.

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
The U21s are still in the play-offs. Its probably more important for them to see that through than be involved in the demise of the first XI

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal