collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?  (Read 10502 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »
but I can guarantee you as individuals the last thing they want to do is play badly

yet they continue to do it every week?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 04:07:30 PM »
but I can guarantee you as individuals the last thing they want to do is play badly

They might not want to play badly but equally they appear not to be prepared to put the effort in to play well.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »

They are devoid of confidence and in a rut.  They are under performing and the atmosphere in the dressing room is probably pretty sour.  It becomes self perpetuating, further sapping any remaining confidence and it's a difficult thing to turn around.  The players are probably dreading every Saturday more than us and probably can't wait to get off the pitch.  It doesn't mean they want to lose.  Anyone who has played sport would understand this.  Robbie Savage has talked about it when he was relegated with Derby.

Just look at what happened to Jordan Speith this weekend to see what can happen to even the worlds best sportsman once they lose confidence and get on a bad run.  In every sport you watch there are examples of confidence players.  Leicester are the polar opposite, they got on a good run, confidence is sky high and average players are outer performing week in week out.

We won't be buying a whole new team this summer and will need some of these players to help us get out of this mess.  Obviously in an ideal world some will leave, but the bomb squad taught us that it is impossible to force the issue.  Screaming in their faces in the street won't help. So, if you must drag your knuckles, personally I'd prefer you did it elsewhere.

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »

They are devoid of confidence and in a rut.  They are under performing and the atmosphere in the dressing room is probably pretty sour.  It becomes self perpetuating, further sapping any remaining confidence and it's a difficult thing to turn around.  The players are probably dreading every Saturday more than us and probably can't wait to get off the pitch.  It doesn't mean they want to lose.  Anyone who has played sport would understand this.  Robbie Savage has talked about it when he was relegated with Derby.

Just look at what happened to Jordan Speith this weekend to see what can happen to even the worlds best sportsman once they lose confidence and get on a bad run.  In every sport you watch there are examples of confidence players.  Leicester are the polar opposite, they got on a good run, confidence is sky high and average players are outer performing week in week out.

We won't be buying a whole new team this summer and will need some of these players to help us get out of this mess.  Obviously in an ideal world some will leave, but the bomb squad taught us that it is impossible to force the issue.  Screaming in their faces in the street won't help. So, if you must drag your knuckles, personally I'd prefer you did it elsewhere.

No, sorry, I'd still like to punch every one of their fucking lights out. 

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »

No, sorry, I'd still like to punch every one of their fucking lights out. 

Well then, you would be far better suited to supporting the Blues.

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
You old rascal, flouting site rules....

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »
You old rascal, flouting site rules....

And simmering violence isn't?  I'm not calling you a Bluenose, just pointing out that some of the behavior suggested on this thread is more akin to the popular view here of their supporters,not ours.   

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »
As a team we've run less miles than any other team, we haven't worked as hard. How do you explain that other than bone idleness?

I don't know why some are taking the effort to defend them. They really don't deserve it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
As a team we've run less miles than any other team, we haven't worked as hard. How do you explain that other than bone idleness?

That's it for me.

Confidence plays a part, of course.

But the foundation  should always be hard work and toil.

What's that saying about the harder I work, the luckier get?   Some of our sponges have completely turned that on its head.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:10:47 PM by KevinGage »

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »

I don't know why some are taking the effort to defend them. They really don't deserve it.

It's not so much defending them as understanding there is a difference between playing badly and deliberately playing badly / not caring as has often been alluded to here.  No one can defend the shocking performances of the team this season - relegation speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean the players individually don't care about it.  I suspect they care very much indeed.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »
I think we should all save up and send them on a Spanish holiday when the season is over.
How much are flights to Pamplona?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »

There's a bit of a difference between somebody defending their performances this season and somebody saying that abusing them in the street in front of their families is a bit of a silly way of dealing with things.

Not that I think for a moment that in the real world if anybody from here walked past Bacuna or Lescott in the supermarket they would do anything more threatening than maybe quietly swear under their breath and keep walking.

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 05:14:54 PM »
I once called Ed Harcourt a miserable git. Mind you, he is a four foot strip of piss.

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »
Didn't Lescott challenge a fan to meet him after training for a straightener? Wanker

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »
Didn't Lescott challenge a fan to meet him after training for a straightener? Wanker
He was probably twittering with his cock again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal