collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 09:31:37 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Players  (Read 16916 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
The Players
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »
Right now that the old board and Remi have gone it's time to address the main problem. The likes of Richards, Agbonlahor, Bacuna and Guzan can't get a fresh start again. We need to get rid of these parasites who drag the club down.

Offline Chris Harte

Re: The Players
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »
Interesting that managers can be sacked with a payoff for not performing, but not players.

I agree with you about three of those players and the use of the word "parasites" and would be willing to throw Lescott into the mix.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:08 PM »
Agbonlahor and Richards are the two main trouble makers at the club, in my opinion. Get rid of them, even if you have to pay them off, and you can start addressing things properly.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
Interesting that managers can be sacked with a payoff for not performing, but not players.

Not really. If we wanted to offer Gabby the appropriate level of compensation to terminate his contract we could, there just wouldn't be any point.

Offline cdward

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 09:54:15 PM »
Don't be surprised if we see some smug tweets from this bunch of twats, it's definitely their style.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »

Not really. If we wanted to offer Gabby the appropriate level of compensation to terminate his contract we could, there just wouldn't be any point.

i think it would send out exactly the right message

the bloke is toxic along with a couple of others, his attitude is appalling and he has bought sod all to the party for years

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »
No doubt Lescott's phone will shortly be posting a tweet all on it's own while he's in the other room.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:15 PM »

i think it would send out exactly the right message

the bloke is toxic along with a couple of others, his attitude is appalling and he has bought sod all to the party for years
Precisely.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
I was almost tempted to want us to employ a fucking nutter like Pearson to head butt a few of the players just to teach the piss taking twats a lesson. The next manager has got to be no nonsense and have the power to completely sack off the bad eggs, no trying to work with them, think of what an appalling example they must set to younger players or newbies trying to settle in a new culture.

Offline AV89

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »
To be brutally honest, there isn't one player in this squad that I wouldnt be particularly sorry to see shown the door in the summer.

Get rid of this toxic atmosphere from Bodymoor asap.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:47 PM »
I was almost tempted to want us to employ a fucking nutter like Pearson to head butt a few of the players just to teach the piss taking twats a lesson. The next manager has got to be no nonsense and have the power to completely sack off the bad eggs, no trying to work with them, think of what an appalling example they must set to younger players or newbies trying to settle in a new culture.

With seen the fruits of that approach over the last 8 months thanks.

In the tasteful words of James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich "F¤¤k em 'all"

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »
Well if Chelsea are struggling to find players who have performed well this season, they should take a look at us! Has anyone played well for us this season?.... :-[  Well there are a few good players, but they've either been injuried, or having been played enough... Oh shit! ;)

Online tomd2103

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 11:42:40 PM »
Yep, no point in having a restructure at the club if it doesn't address one of the main problems - the playing staff.  Some of them are going to be hard to shift but we've got to do it.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 12:52:35 AM »
Maybe we could appoint Richards and Gabby as joint managers to make it easier to fire them.

Offline django

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 01:00:35 AM »
Have I missed something about Richards? I know he's been crap and his positioning is shit, particularly at centre back, but people speak as if he's been deliberately sabotaging the club.

Honestly not sure if I've missed a scandal? Or if people are getting a bit carried away?*

*Id say that it's a given that too many of our players lack the motivation/ability necessary to compete at the top level and that is a huge problem, and this almost certainly applies to Richards too but that's something different to being a ring leader in a mutiny.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal