collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Long Awaited Accounts....  (Read 112652 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: The Long Awaited Accounts....
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
The impairments are the writing down of assets to their recoverable value. When you've just sold the club hard for a certain amount it's hard to argue that they're worth more.

So I WAS right?!

The boy's got natural ledger awareness. You can't teach that

Thanks mate. Getting that tattooed on my neck in Cyrillic script. I'll obviously credit you somewhere towards the clavicle in Sanskrit.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
The impairments are the writing down of assets to their recoverable value. When you've just sold the club hard for a certain amount it's hard to argue that they're worth more.

So I WAS right?!

Thanks mate. Getting that tattooed on my neck in Cyrillic script. I'll obviously credit you somewhere towards the clavicle in Sanskrit.

And to think that if it had been spotted earlier it could have been you flogging the broken backs of Britain's entrepreneurial heroes, and not Phillip Hammond.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »

So I WAS right?!

And to think that if it had been spotted earlier it could have been you flogging the broken backs of Britain's entrepreneurial heroes, and not Phillip Hammond.

We're both good in our own fields, Lee. He couldn't do what I do and...actually I could do what he does, and I think he knows that. Probably what spurred him on.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

So I WAS right?!

We're both good in our own fields, Lee. He couldn't do what I do and...actually I could do what he does, and I think he knows that. Probably what spurred him on.

Be that as it may, have you yet procured a mighty flowing cape, or a poncho?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »
I miss getting the Annual Report in the post when you could still buy a share. Trying to work out what terms like `amortisation` meant at 14 years of age was very educational. `Amortisation` seemed to be plastered all over the report and accounts.  At AGMs there would long winded discussions about `amortisation. These discussions would generally send shareholders to sleep and give Doug a break from fans shouting insults at him.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:25:56 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2017, 10:54:49 PM »
Keith Wyness sat down for an exclusive chat with the Birmingham Mail

On Accounts

The accounts released on Monday were for the year before we took over the club.

In layman’s, because unless you’re an accountant this gets quite technical because it’s all around this issue called compartment and it is more of an accounting term that’s used.

What is basically means is that once the club was sold at the price Tony bought it for then the value that the club was already at carried over, which was higher than what the club was bought for, meant it had to be adjusted down to a realistic market price.

So, what we actually did was, although we had a notion able value of what the club was worth, with what it was actually sold at it created a real crystallised market value.

Then you have to cut down the money you’re carrying on the books. So, it’s an accounting treatment more than anything else.

Crystal clear, KW.
What was that middle bit again Keith?

I think a bit like if you own a house on a street; and everyone values there house at 200k on thy street (let's assume they are all the same new build types) then it's valued at 200k on paper.

If you sell that house to someonefor 100k; it's hard for the buyer to then start bragging his house is worth 200k given he just paid half of that.

So the actual value of the club and its assets could be higher but of a more illiquid nature, since Lerner wanted out for cash that is very liquid in its nature he accepted less of one for more of the other.

I'm no accountant mind.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2017, 11:14:58 PM »

Be that as it may, have you yet procured a mighty flowing cape, or a poncho?

Got myself a ceremonial tunic that has 'Superdry' written on it.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #352 on: March 09, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
Keith Wyness sat down for an exclusive chat with the Birmingham Mail

On Accounts

The accounts released on Monday were for the year before we took over the club.

In layman’s, because unless you’re an accountant this gets quite technical because it’s all around this issue called compartment and it is more of an accounting term that’s used.

What is basically means is that once the club was sold at the price Tony bought it for then the value that the club was already at carried over, which was higher than what the club was bought for, meant it had to be adjusted down to a realistic market price.

So, what we actually did was, although we had a notion able value of what the club was worth, with what it was actually sold at it created a real crystallised market value.

Then you have to cut down the money you’re carrying on the books. So, it’s an accounting treatment more than anything else.

Crystal clear, KW.
What was that middle bit again Keith?

I think a bit like if you own a house on a street; and everyone values there house at 200k on thy street (let's assume they are all the same new build types) then it's valued at 200k on paper.

If you sell that house to someonefor 100k; it's hard for the buyer to then start bragging his house is worth 200k given he just paid half of that.

So the actual value of the club and its assets could be higher but of a more illiquid nature, since Lerner wanted out for cash that is very liquid in its nature he accepted less of one for more of the other.

I'm no accountant mind.

Nailed it. You should come to my lodge where we just have a good time and nothing weird happens.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04:16 AM »

So I WAS right?!

You sure love to ball. What's the matter with you? Ego tripping out?

Only joking, fella.

Mercy mercy me. ;)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »
these accounts are from the end of Lerners reign

the losses are irrelevant now we have a new owner buying up the worlds sport and entertainment industries

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »
Does this mean that Lerner has carried the loss away with him as far as the accounts are concerned, in other words, the Club has not lost money and we are starting again at a new point.  Would this sidestep FFP and mean if we sell a player above the reduced valuation we would show a profit in the accounts this year.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »

the losses are irrelevant now we have a new owner buying up the worlds sport and entertainment industries

Bit of an exaggeration, mind.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
The club's assets were effectively revalued to their true worth at the time of sale - or when we went down or both.  So effectively a clean slate in terms of the actual worth of the club.  Now we just have to make money day to day.....

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #358 on: March 11, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »

Bit of an exaggeration, mind.

According to the latest news article on the Recon website, they have nearly "80 billion US dollars of total assets".  They seem to have the scope/potential to do such things.

Offline MorrisNielson

« Reply #359 on: April 06, 2017, 11:22:01 PM »
Swiss Ramble on twitter today has done a few bits on the 2015/16 season.
As to be expected, its not good to look at. However, its in the past now and we've moved on.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal