collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 729027 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #5520 on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »
Why was that cnn lady talking abot LVG lol! And why have i seen Sven on my twitter timeline!!!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5521 on: May 25, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
I just don't think Di Matteo is the man to completely rebuild our playing staff.  I really hope I'm wrong.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5522 on: May 25, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
Why was that cnn lady talking abot LVG lol! And why have i seen Sven on my twitter timeline!!!

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #5523 on: May 25, 2016, 08:11:19 PM »
Am I the only one that doesn't think Rafa staying at Newcastle means they will win the league?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5524 on: May 25, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »
I think Newcastle will go straight back up. We really need to make the right appointment now.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #5525 on: May 25, 2016, 08:20:59 PM »
Everyone does. Thats the point. They could not beat Norwich, Villa or Sunderland with him there at the end of the season. Nothing about their squad suggests they will battle to get out. A fair few of their players will have constant speculation on their futures, as will Benitez every time a job comes up in Europe or the premier league. I don't think they are the certs people are making out just because of Rafa.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5526 on: May 25, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
Am I the only one that doesn't think Rafa staying at Newcastle means they will win the league?

I think it makes them extremely likely to finish in the top two.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #5527 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »

If they start well it will be like trying to stop a juggernaut.

If they struggle to start with, it could well turn out to be car crash & popcorn TV. He doesn't always do well under pressure, Mr. Benetiz. Just ask him for some facts on getting promoted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:27:11 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5528 on: May 25, 2016, 08:26:45 PM »
RDM might be good enough to get us up again first time but I have my doubts,
He just seems lightweight for the job we need,
 we know he's capable of maintaining, organising and tweeking around a bit, but this job is a total rebuild of confidence and playing style plus a influx to and thro of players,

I don't think he will be  up to the job

Offline Diablo

« Reply #5529 on: May 25, 2016, 08:27:24 PM »
Everyone does. Thats the point. They could not beat Norwich, Villa or Sunderland with him there at the end of the season. Nothing about their squad suggests they will battle to get out. A fair few of their players will have constant speculation on their futures, as will Benitez every time a job comes up in Europe or the premier league. I don't think they are the certs people are making out just because of Rafa.

Rafa improved them ten fold (at least). I don't think he would have stayed if he wasn't cock sure about taking them straight back up. I'd say certs as Rafa certainly ain't no fool. But saying that there is of course always "the Newcastle factor" to consider lol

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #5530 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »
RDM might be good enough to get us up again first time but I have my doubts,
He just seems lightweight for the job we need,
 we know he's capable of maintaining, organising and tweeking around a bit, but this job is a total rebuild of confidence and playing style plus a influx to and thro of players,

I don't think he will be  up to the job

Same here.  What link is there to him and Xia?

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #5531 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:35 PM »
I personally think Benitez will get them back up first time, but I couldn't give a monkey's about them tbh. My real concern is who gets the gig at VP - as it's absolutely essential to us that the right man comes in to sort out the mess that we're in. I can't say I feel thrilled about RDM's probable imminent arrival, but - like everyone else here - I sincerely hope he can get us playing winning football again. It'll have been a long time coming!

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #5532 on: May 25, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »
He took Albion, who finished bottom, up after taking them over that summer. I accept it is different here, but he knows what is needed to get out of it. I think he or Pearson will have us top 4-6 in there. Top 2 will be a lottery between 3-4 teams. You look at the actual 11 Brighton put out each week and think they got 89 points. Even with how poor we were, a lot of our squad would walk into theirs. We need a spine, and a strong one. Di Matteo knows how important that is. As VID said, it will all be how sides start though. Basically it is a race to 90 points.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5533 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:59 PM »

Hopefully the competition will make us stronger.

I have serious doubts about Di Matteo, I like him as a gent but have to question his desire. We can't afford to have a manager that's not willing to give everything, every last drop to succeed.

I've been working my way through Pearson's promotional season at Leicester on youtube and a few things have raised my eyes. They attack in numbers but their defence looks ropey. I was impressed with the comments of King who stated the "everybody came back really fit and raring to go", and it shows. Much like the team this season, the work ethic is superb. I'm only into November but I've never seen a team get so many penalties.

Whether di Matteo or Pearson, apart from the money to invest, the key for me is they bring in a strong backroom staff.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5534 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:02 PM »
Benitez staying is a big plus for them because he will convince some of their better players to stay. And they do have some good players on their books. They are clear favourites for promotion now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal