collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AFC Villa of Aston 1874  (Read 10852 times)

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
Re: AFC Villa of Aston 1874
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
All these people in a rush to have a non-league club. Patience people, we'll get there in due course.

With every successive relegation we'd become younger, happier and more enthused. Eventually there'd be just a small boy in a perfect claret and blue shirt on a park pitch.

Christopher Nolan's interested.

Offline perrycommoner

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 10:04:17 PM »
So long as I can get there on public transport. All non-league grounds seem to be really hard to get to from South Birmingham. I guess if they played in Aston that would work.

I would have thought Perry hall Park at Perry Barr  would be a natural location give our roots over there. Plenty of ground too.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »
All these people in a rush to have a non-league club. Patience people, we'll get there in due course.

With every successive relegation we'd become younger, happier and more enthused. Eventually there'd be just a small boy in a perfect claret and blue shirt on a park pitch.

Christopher Nolan's interested.

Sir Jimmy Savile is stirring in his grave.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 09:07:44 AM »
Seeing as we'd currently struggle to beat a pub team- maybe Crown & Cushion FC? We might be able to talk the landlord into sponsoring the cheap bukta shirts and send someone out with a few sliced up oranges at half time and a slab of carling for after the match, if everyone promises to go back there afterwards.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »
Things are shite but we're only getting relegated, not closed down. No need to start a new football club for this! Villa 'till we die.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
It wouldn't be a "road to salvation" and it wouldn't be for everyone. And Aston Villa FC won't collapse and die leaving no alternative.

What an FC Villa would be is an alternative for those who are disillusioned with paying stupid money for a sub-standard product and maybe another team to get behind.
 You can ignore the two obvious AFC models in Wimbledon and FC United, the former was born of necessity and the latter was a protest against Man Utd's owners but has gathered a momentum of it's own unlike any other "protest" club.
 The club to look at if this ever did happen is AFC Liverpool, born not as a protest against Liverpool FC per se, but formed by a group of fans pissed off with being priced out of weekly football. Currently they are getting crowds of about 150 or so in the North West Counties League, so no great shakes but a club that play in red, are called Liverpool and only cost a fiver to go and watch on a Saturday rather than £50.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
As is says in the words of the song..."I'm Villa 'til I die".  And by that I mean Aston Villa FC founded 1874.

Let's hope it's not "Villa till it dies".

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 09:41:56 AM »
Yes I don't think supporting a non-league version of Villa means renouncing your support of Aston Villa. It's two separate things.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 09:52:27 AM »
Yes I don't think supporting a non-league version of Villa means renouncing your support of Aston Villa. It's two separate things.
What if they draw each other in the cup? Would be ironic if the first time Villa lose to a non-league club was to happen when they're playing against themselves.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:52 AM »
What if they draw each other in the cup? Would be ironic if the first time Villa lose to a non-league club was to happen when they're playing against themselves.

I think I'd always support the original Aston Villa first, but it'd be nice to have a Villa team who might have a chance of winning!

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »

I think I'd always support the original Aston Villa first, but it'd be nice to have a Villa team who might have a chance of winning!

I'm fickle, I'll go with whichever is more likely to win the cup

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »

Sorry mate, when I first read the above I thought you said "playing with themselves" and I was going to agree as they are a bunch of wankers.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »
So long as I can get there on public transport. All non-league grounds seem to be really hard to get to from South Birmingham. I guess if they played in Aston that would work.

I would have thought Perry hall Park at Perry Barr  would be a natural location give our roots over there. Plenty of ground too.

There is room for a pitch behind Aston Hall - we could have games on same day as the "old" Aston Villa - and then we'd have an alternative to watch when we walk out.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »
Would we have to listen how Dave Woodhall invented the bicycle kick?

Very good

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
Would we have to listen how Dave Woodhall invented the bicycle kick?

Very good

Seriously what does it entail?

No idea. I'm not saying it should happen, but rather would there be any support for it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal