collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions  (Read 861020 times)

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Re: Summer 2016: Transfer rumours and suggestions
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2016, 05:21:25 PM »
It was definitely the best thing to wait till the end of the season and not have the new manager tainted by this years disaster. The problem will start however if there is not a very quick appointment after the season ends. I'm hoping the deal has been made and the new man is already working on things. But you know, this is Villa.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
I think we need a lot of pace in the wide areas and somebody mobile up front. If we can keep Ayew, then Grealish and him should have plenty to aim at, while Gestede might get some crosses for once.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #752 on: May 05, 2016, 07:41:48 PM »
It was definitely the best thing to wait till the end of the season and not have the new manager tainted by this years disaster. The problem will start however if there is not a very quick appointment after the season ends. I'm hoping the deal has been made and the new man is already working on things. But you know, this is Villa.

a deal already done? behave

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #753 on: May 05, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »

For all you know, it might be.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #754 on: May 05, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »
Jay Spearing is far too good for whatever league it is that Bolton are in now.
Welcome back, footyskillz.

« Reply #755 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:50 PM »

shall we have a bet? ill have a tenner that we will be unsold by the end of june

Offline Clampy

« Reply #756 on: May 05, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »

shall we have a bet? ill have a tenner that we will be unsold by the end of june

Unsold? WarzaVilla was talking about the new manager, not the takeover, i presume.

« Reply #757 on: May 05, 2016, 09:02:12 PM »

Unsold? WarzaVilla was talking about the new manager, not the takeover, i presume.

sorry

how about no new manager announced by the end of may?

Offline Clampy

« Reply #758 on: May 05, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »

sorry

I think they will by the end of May.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #759 on: May 06, 2016, 02:26:11 AM »

sorry

I think they will by the end of May.

It wouldn't surprise me if things start moving the week after the last game of the season.  I could see Pearson being appointed that week with him beginning work while the takeover talks continue.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #760 on: May 06, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »
So Leicester will be holding their victory parade soon. Back on planet Lerner, Aston Villa are dawdling around, scratching their arse.

Yes, they've because they've just won the league and we can't sign any new players yet anyway.

Can we scout any? No. Why? Because we have no manager, so no idea what players he wants, no scouting system to speak of because they're at school/surfing delete as applicable, no long term decisions or appointments being made because we have no board and no one running things, unless you count the suit guy with fuck all knowledge about sport who assembled a board that lasted roughly the same amount of time one of our clean sheets does.

So yeah, were sitting around scratching our arses.

The crux of the matter in one post and why I genuinely hope we have someone lined up. The beauty of changing the manager and getting the right man in is the effect it can have on players. Literally, get a guy in who knows how to utilise Gestede properly and get him 5-6 goals with his head early on and we could have a completely different player on our hands. Before you know it, his confidence is up, he is working harder, getting in better positions and trying things that are coming off due to increased confidence (look at Adebayor under Sherwood). Suddenly we only need a back up striker as opposed to blowing half our budget on a new striker. Before anyone tells me he is shit and always will be, take a look at Vardy, Soldado, Carroll, Origi when used correctly by the right manager.  Get the wrong man in who doesnt fancy him and we have the next nzogbia on our hands.

If the last season has taught us anything, as a complete system for bringing players, dictating players to a manager based on attributes simply does not work. It needs to be integrated with pulling out all the stops to give a manager the opportunity to get in his Generals, the men who will run the dressing room and get them going through brick walls. If we ever want to improve we cant do anything till we have a manager.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #761 on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
So Leicester will be holding their victory parade soon. Back on planet Lerner, Aston Villa are dawdling around, scratching their arse.

Yes, they've because they've just won the league and we can't sign any new players yet anyway.

Can we scout any? No. Why? Because we have no manager, so no idea what players he wants, no scouting system to speak of because they're at school/surfing delete as applicable, no long term decisions or appointments being made because we have no board and no one running things, unless you count the suit guy with fuck all knowledge about sport who assembled a board that lasted roughly the same amount of time one of our clean sheets does.

So yeah, were sitting around scratching our arses.

The crux of the matter in one post and why I genuinely hope we have someone lined up. The beauty of changing the manager and getting the right man in is the effect it can have on players. Literally, get a guy in who knows how to utilise Gestede properly and get him 5-6 goals with his head early on and we could have a completely different player on our hands. Before you know it, his confidence is up, he is working harder, getting in better positions and trying things that are coming off due to increased confidence (look at Adebayor under Sherwood). Suddenly we only need a back up striker as opposed to blowing half our budget on a new striker. Before anyone tells me he is shit and always will be, take a look at Vardy, Soldado, Carroll, Origi when used correctly by the right manager.  Get the wrong man in who doesnt fancy him and we have the next nzogbia on our hands.

If the last season has taught us anything, as a complete system for bringing players, dictating players to a manager based on attributes simply does not work. It needs to be integrated with pulling out all the stops to give a manager the opportunity to get in his Generals, the men who will run the dressing room and get them going through brick walls. If we ever want to improve we cant do anything till we have a manager.

1. The very reason why a scouting system based entirely on a manager is not a good idea these days.
2. So because we f##ked up moving into the 21st century we should revert to the 1980's?  And we should also swallow every last morsel of howash and bullshit fed to the media by Nice but Tim?  The same Nice but Tim that was gushing to the media all through last summer about all the leg work he'd been putting in over the previous years top keep track of what felt like every player in Europe under the age of 25.

The only evidence that the scouting set up was dictating to Sherwood was what Sherwood started spouting when it was obviously going tits up with no way back.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »
Jay Spearing is far too good for whatever league it is that Bolton are in now.
Welcome back, footyskillz.

Thought I'd get in there before he publishes his list of targets. Suppose Altidore is out of our reach now.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #763 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
Let's just sign Robbie Keane and be done with it.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #764 on: May 06, 2016, 12:34:27 PM »
Let's just sign Robbie Keane and be done with it.

Well to be fair Joey Barton did a job for Burnley so...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal