collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Under Armour  (Read 154882 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Under Armour
« Reply #810 on: April 11, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
Let hope the next home shirt is actually claret not blueish/purple crap

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #811 on: April 12, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
I loved the Asics shirts. Next season I just hope we are in claret shirts with blue sleeves. I just hope we don't  end up with a Vincent Tan situation where he changes the home colours or messes with the Villa Park name. As much as Dr Tony has been good for the club, I have to say these things do bother me.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #812 on: April 12, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »
I can't see him ever changing the colours. Why would he? At least Tan could just about say that changing to red was the Welsh colour for the club in the Welsh capital. What would Tony change to? Purple for Cadbury's?

The name change of Villa Park could feasibly happen though. Look at the names of the Manchester City, Arsenal and countless other stadia. I would be astonished if the new Spurs and Chelsea grounds weren't sponsored. I don't particularly mind it because I think we'd all still call it Villa Park. I can certainly see both sides of this argument, but it's not one that upsets me too much.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #813 on: April 12, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
The name change of Villa Park could feasibly happen though. Look at the names of the Manchester City, Arsenal and countless other stadia. I would be astonished if the new Spurs and Chelsea grounds weren't sponsored. I don't particularly mind it because I think we'd all still call it Villa Park. I can certainly see both sides of this argument, but it's not one that upsets me too much.

Changing VP's name will only happen if it's done to get around FFP rules.  There'd be absolutely no value in renaming it on the open market because everyone will still call it VP.  Look what happened when that prat at Newcastle tried to change St James's Park.

It works for the ones you mentioned because they were brand new stadia so didn't have an established name already.  Spurs have already "accidentally" leaked a CGI mockup of their new stadium with "Naming Rights Here" plastered over the side of it so that'll happen.  If Chelsea move to a new ground they'll do it too.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #814 on: April 12, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »
The Muller 90s shirt, was one of the all time great Villa shirts.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but you're flat out wrong here!!!!

The green and black away kit made a fantastic waistcoat

I remember those waistcoats.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »
In case anyone has never seen them.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »

I think they're rather dashing

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #817 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:16 PM »
Recon Villa Park

Villa Park with Recon

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #818 on: April 13, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
I loved the Asics shirts. Next season I just hope we are in claret shirts with blue sleeves. I just hope we don't  end up with a Vincent Tan situation where he changes the home colours or messes with the Villa Park name. As much as Dr Tony has been good for the club, I have to say these things do bother me.

Doesn't bother me at all if it's Recon Villa Park, he can call it the Tonybowl for all I care so long as he gets us back where we belong.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #819 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
I quite like the Tonybowl.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #820 on: April 13, 2018, 03:47:26 PM »
Wouldn't against adding a sponsors name to it as it will always be Villa Park to fans. Thinking about it, how often do you actually use the words Villa Park, usually if i'm referring to it I say going down the Villa or going to the Villa.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #821 on: April 13, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »
Wouldn't against adding a sponsors name to it as it will always be Villa Park to fans. Thinking about it, how often do you actually use the words Villa Park, usually if i'm referring to it I say going down the Villa or going to the Villa.

I still call it the Lower Grounds. It'll never be Villa Park to me...

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #822 on: April 13, 2018, 03:54:01 PM »
I can't see him ever changing the colours. Why would he? At least Tan could just about say that changing to red was the Welsh colour for the club in the Welsh capital. What would Tony change to? Purple for Cadbury's?

10 years ago it would have - even 5 years ago but as everyone says it will still be Villa Park to us

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #823 on: April 13, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »

Doesn't bother me at all if it's Recon Villa Park, he can call it the Tonybowl for all I care so long as he gets us back where we belong.
Nor me, if it gets us round FFP then so be it. 

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #824 on: April 13, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »

I'm sure I'd seen them before, but who was it that did the converting? As you say a lovely job :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal