collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Allocations  (Read 31817 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Away Allocations
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 04:57:12 PM »
Whatever reason would there be for not wanting our supporters to watch us?

god knows ,,,maybe they are worried about loosing a few hundred quid by not selling out
but it could cost them a hundred million pounds for starters

You said they don't want us there, which is a long way from turning down a second allocation which we quite likely wouldn't sell and would cost a lot more than a few hundred pounds.

All I can think if are policing and stewarding costs. But aren't the former already decided and latter a moot point given the size of away following anyway? There will be an increase in staff for foodstuffs also and the increase in catering itself. But again, we don't get charged for the initial allocation why would we be charged for extra allocation when a healthy portion if that would be sold?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »

god knows ,,,maybe they are worried about loosing a few hundred quid by not selling out

You said they don't want us there, which is a long way from turning down a second allocation which we quite likely wouldn't sell and would cost a lot more than a few hundred pounds.
if they was that bothered about having a good turnout of villa fans at away matches they would take the full allocations using the historical data,

As said above, you'll have to ask them why they don't rather than saying they don't want supporters.

Offline conman

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »
Yeah Clampy but you forgot the 5 thousand in the Fulham end and the 10 thousand that were locked out, their a massive crew you know anit.

and the 20 000 permanently camped in the Holte End.

and the 40 000 who went to wembley for the leyland daf cup final

Offline peter w

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »
That lot are still in Bruges

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

All I can think if are policing and stewarding costs. But aren't the former already decided and latter a moot point given the size of away following anyway? There will be an increase in staff for foodstuffs also and the increase in catering itself. But again, we don't get charged for the initial allocation why would we be charged for extra allocation when a healthy portion if that would be sold?

You have to pay for unsold tickets in the second allocation.

Offline peter w

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 05:24:07 PM »
But what is the cost covering? Its not because of empty seats alone as they wouldn't be filled by home supporters. It can't be just the cost of printing. So unless there's an agreed fixed penalty I'm not sure what the penalty is for.

Offline conman

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »

if they are unsold ,,, but they wouldnt be if they used the historical data ,,,,,,the extra support could push the team to the 3 points that keeps us in this division ,,,,,go down and the cost saved by not having unsold tickets would be minimal compared to what the club looses by relegation. ,,, i feel totally alianted by the club ,,,i go to all the home games but not the midweek one because of work and i really wanted to go to everton and southampton ,,,,,,,i would have loved singing Southamptons a shit hole i wanna go home as soon as i got there and then get pissed in a pub, and miss the start of the match and spend half an hour downstairs at half time

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
The first batch of tickets are on sale or return. Anything after then Villa are billed for the full cost of that allocation whether it is sold or not.

So, for example, you get 1500 on sale or return. Once those have gone, you have to take the other 1500 at full price.

Therefore, regardless of whether Villa sell them, the other club bills us for 1500 tickets at say £50 a go. £75000 in total for the extra seats

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »
I would imagine there's a few other factors when it comes to projected away ticket sales other than 'we sold out last time we played there'. Time of year springs to mind, for example.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
Time of year. Day played. Kick off time. I still haven't seen a credible reason for not taking the full allocation at Everton mind.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
As with Brigada the club remains detached from the fanbase. If they took the extra 1500 tickets they would probably be sold. If not all of them then the vast majority.  The chance of them taking the 1500 tickets and none being sold is about as likely as the shit winning winning the Champions league.  The club desperately needs as many fans getting behind the boys as possible  now but don't seem able to grasp the seriousness of the situation. Randy Lerner started off fantastically well with free travel etc but seems to have completely lost the plot. Someone needs to sort this situation out AND QUICK. I urge the club to talk to the fans representatives as a matter of urgency before it's too bloody late.

Offline conman

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »
I would imagine there's a few other factors when it comes to projected away ticket sales other than 'we sold out last time we played there'. Time of year springs to mind, for example.
we had everton away this time last year and sold out the big 2nd allocation

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2015, 06:26:26 PM »
We are talking to them! It is just a little fractious at the moment after the Trust had a pop over Sherwood!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
The Brigada thing is getting too much attention as far as I am concerned as well. The Trust will try to build bridges but there needs to be some give on both sides. The club aren't the bad guy in all of this. If they were, I would kick them.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2015, 06:50:32 PM »

if they are unsold ,,, but they wouldnt be if they used the historical data ,,,,,,the extra support could push the team to the 3 points that keeps us in this division ,,,,,go down and the cost saved by not having unsold tickets would be minimal compared to what the club looses by relegation. ,,, i feel totally alianted by the club ,,,i go to all the home games but not the midweek one because of work and i really wanted to go to everton and southampton ,,,,,,,i would have loved singing Southamptons a shit hole i wanna go home as soon as i got there and then get pissed in a pub, and miss the start of the match and spend half an hour downstairs at half time

I don't mean to be rude, but 'I feel totally alienated by the club' just because you couldn't get a ticket for an away game is a tad over the top.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal