collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moyes?  (Read 47834 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Moyes?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
I'd be up for some dour, result grinding 4th, 5th or 6th place finishes about now. Hell, breaching that forty point barrier would be a dream.

Get that private jet over to Spain.

Well we can all agree on that. I would hope the jet was headed to pick up Toral from Villareal though  :)

Online manic-road

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Did not think too much of him at Everton as he was another dour "result grinding" manager. United showed him up and now he is struggling at the foot of the Spanish league. I would Imagine he has technically gifted players at sociadad so his coaching ability and management has left them floundering. Not for me

A result grinding manager is exactly what we need right now.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »
If people are expecting better than moyes in our current state they must be crazy. If we can get him it'd be amazing. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:49:00 AM by Rigadon »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 08:30:09 AM »
Moyes,Rodgers....isn't there anyone a bit more inspiring than these two dour arseholes?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »
Moyes,Rodgers....isn't there anyone a bit more inspiring than these two dour arseholes?
Look at our current league position and how we have done over the last 4 seasons. We would do well to get either of them in the state we are in.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »
What I would like to happen is for us to identify a top quality manager and make him a financial offer he can't refuse.  That probably means a foreign manager and sobeit. Moyes, Rodgers, Pearson, each having recent failures to come to terms with would regard our job as getting back on the horse after falling off, whereas we need somebody still in the saddle. 

In my mind's eye I see a man (young, old, middle aged) going home after taking training and greeting his wife ( in German, Spanish, French or Swahili) "pack your bags dearest, we are off to England". " England? I like it here. My mother lives here." "She can come with us. They are going to pay me five times what I earn here. Do we have any champagne?"

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 08:38:20 AM »

Ron Saunders could have been described as dour. Results are all that matter!

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 08:44:14 AM »
Brian, would you really  lump Pearson in with Rodgers or moyes? 

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
If also say that somebody with something to prove could be a good thing, so long as it's aligned to them being competent.  Moyes certainly fits that bill after his track record with Everton and season at man utd. 

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
Better than Sherwood, obviously, but what worries me is that the players look depressed and in need of a lift and a spark - and Moyes is in no way the type of manager to provide that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
I am fairly confident that Sherwood will go shortly whether we beat Swansea or not.The club owner would like to sell but it appears his wish will not be granted.Therefore he will want the club to stay where the money is.He will want an organised defensive manager who will be cheap to obtain.It doesn't matter what we want we don't own the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if David Moyes comes in a lot sooner than you may think!
I also think that Fox will act sooner rather than later.
To Brian's point about TS' appointment, Fox would probably claim that the club did its due diligence on him. No matter: he's a dud.

Moyes is not the only choice, but I think we have to accept that ours is a job that has very few upsides - the last 5-6 years have made us very unattractive. Nonetheless, Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe and perhaps Frank de Boer might be persuaded. The real issue is do it early, to give the new management team the best possible opportunity to get these players playing to their potential.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »
What I would like to happen is for us to identify a top quality manager and make him a financial offer he can't refuse.  That probably means a foreign manager and sobeit. Moyes, Rodgers, Pearson, each having recent failures to come to terms with would regard our job as getting back on the horse after falling off, whereas we need somebody still in the saddle. 

In my mind's eye I see a man (young, old, middle aged) going home after taking training and greeting his wife ( in German, Spanish, French or Swahili) "pack your bags dearest, we are off to England". " England? I like it here. My mother lives here." "She can come with us. They are going to pay me five times what I earn here. Do we have any champagne?"

Brian  Could you explain to the posters how Pearson failed? Exactly the opposite I would have thought.We may not want him for non footballing  reasons but he saved Leicester from relegation with a series of wins in the latter part of last season.Failure I don't think so!

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
When Lamberk was on the brink of going, I said anyone could do a better job than him, well we got anyone and form wise we are worse off.

The chances of these guys running the place picking the right manager are slim to none I'm afraid.

Facts are, we are a very very bad football team, we have been stinking out the the league for half a decade, in all honesty, we don't really deserve to be playing in this league anymore. Maybe we need to be playing at our level now.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
If people are expecting better than moyes in our current state they must be crazy. If we can get him it'd be amazing. 

This for me too!  We're on the ropes here.......

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 09:02:14 AM »
I am not a fan of Moyse but at this stage I would rather have  someone who knows the League and can organise a proper team from this squad rather than a very good  foreign coach who will take 10 games to find his feet.
I am afraid we have backed ourselves into a very tight corner once again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal