collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 03:30:06 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 03:25:24 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The underlying problem...  (Read 25726 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: The underlying problem...
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »
I think when Okare is ready he will go with three centre backs.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
And yet another defeat. We are an utter embarrassment that's the underlying problem.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2015, 05:02:14 PM »
he could play six centre backs and we'd still loose. Time's up Tim.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2015, 05:03:51 PM »
Looks like I jumped the gun with my three centre backs prediction. Looks like he is in panic mode now.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
The only underlying problem that results in the sort of managerial ineptitude we're experiencing is the board picking the wrong manager. As it was Fox's first managerial decision I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »
The only underlying problem that results in the sort of managerial ineptitude we're experiencing is the board picking the wrong manager. As it was Fox's first managerial decision I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
The sarky bastard in me says, "has Fox been seen with possible candidates in corporate hospitality lately"
The cynical bastard in me says, "he'd made his mind up about Sherwood as Lambert's replacement before Christmas, has he had chance to line anyone else up."
The optimist in me says, "well he persuaded Lerner to ditch his bestest buddy and found someone to keep us up. Maybe he's not completely useless."

Unfortunately that's as far as my optimism runs right now.  The guy in ultimate charge might not be completely useless.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »
I am fucking fed of Villa. It is soul destroying to watch our slip to new levels of ineptitude every week.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2015, 08:04:41 PM »
I am in the pub, hoping the rugby might cheer me up. I have read nothing since the match on this thread,  but I will say they played that penalty appeal on the big screen showing not one but 2 penalty trips. They are not even supposed to do that but they wanted us to react. We should have been howling for that but.....nothing....We are dead inside after the last 5 years. How the he'll do we turn this round?

Online aj2k77

« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
I am in the pub, hoping the rugby might cheer me up. I have read nothing since the match on this thread,  but I will say they played that penalty appeal on the big screen showing not one but 2 penalty trips. They are not even supposed to do that but they wanted us to react. We should have been howling for that but.....nothing....We are dead inside after the last 5 years. How the he'll do we turn this round?

It's ground us down now.

Terrible at home.
Lack of goals.
Half wit managers.
Chairman a wacko who makes no effort.
CEO giving us the bullshit about narratives.
10 hours without a goal.
Buying lower league players.
Buying old has beens.
Record runs of defeats, lowest points blah blah we all know the records there's just so many now we can't remember them all.
Appointing nobodies.
Terrible away.
Worst record in English football over the last 4 years.
Being taken for idiots with comments like '' we go again'', '' I thought we were magnificent''
Alex Mcleish.

It goes on and on but the bottom line I think is everyone has had enough and people are going to quietly start drifting away. There's no point protesting, no one is listening. Some would say there's no point sacking another manager, we have no one with a brain to appoint anyone decent.

I've said it earlier but we might just have to take a relegation and Lerner fucking off to breath some life in to this club again, we are withering away.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2015, 08:21:55 PM »

It's ground us down now.

Terrible at home.
Lack of goals.
Half wit managers.
Chairman a wacko who makes no effort.
CEO giving us the bullshit about narratives.
10 hours without a goal.
Buying lower league players.
Buying old has beens.
Record runs of defeats, lowest points blah blah we all know the records there's just so many now we can't remember them all.
Appointing nobodies.
Terrible away.
Worst record in English football over the last 4 years.
Being taken for idiots with comments like '' we go again'', '' I thought we were magnificent''
Alex Mcleish.

It goes on and on but the bottom line I think is everyone has had enough and people are going to quietly start drifting away. There's no point protesting, no one is listening. Some would say there's no point sacking another manager, we have no one with a brain to appoint anyone decent.

I've said it earlier but we might just have to take a relegation and Lerner fucking off to breath some life in to this club again, we are withering away.

spot on

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »
How about keeping it simple? We had 3 attacking ball players up front at any one time in the second half. We had no one to hold the ball up with feeti in the penalty area for them to finish off their attacking play. Gestede should be an impact player and Kozak should be holding that ball up. But... oh no... Tim doesn't like him. He's rotting in the stiffs.  Well fuck you Tim... it's your funeral.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »
That was the sort of game Benteke would of bailed us out with an equaliser. It's not there this season. We are as good as down .

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
The underlying problem? That dumb idiot on the other side of the pond who doesn't give a shit. Look no further, it's always down to leadership in any organisation and he couldn't lead himself to the toilet without getting lost.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
I think when Okare is ready he will go with three centre backs.

Strikes me as a bit of a 1990s tactic, that.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2015, 09:58:02 PM »
Starting to think the only people who give a shit are us mugs, the fans

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal