collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 381671 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #3795 on: March 11, 2023, 06:33:13 PM »
A rabble. Ireland will top this score next week.

Let's see how we get on against Scotland first, and surely we'll see a reaction from England next week after that sorry display.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3796 on: March 11, 2023, 06:33:36 PM »

I don't think so, they'll win but I don't think Ireland are as ruthless as France were today.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3797 on: March 11, 2023, 06:34:08 PM »
I know very little about rugby other than I like to watch it but Dombrandt, what's the point?

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3798 on: March 11, 2023, 06:35:25 PM »
Haven’t watched any rugby at all since Worcester went bump as disillusioned with it until today but lasted less than hour into this game before switching back to the football…if this is truly the best England have to offer it’ll be a short World Cup - poor

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3799 on: March 11, 2023, 06:35:35 PM »
Apparently England’s worst ever result at home.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #3800 on: March 11, 2023, 06:43:27 PM »

Let's see how we get on against Scotland first, and surely we'll see a reaction from England next week after that sorry display.

I don't think this set of England players have "a reaction" in them in all honesty

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3801 on: March 11, 2023, 07:22:25 PM »

I don't think this set of England players have "a reaction" in them in all honesty

The way our midfield jogged about with 20 to go and not a care in the world I’d say that’s spot on.

‘They’re a well coached team’ was a telling post match comment and a not very guarded dig at Borthwick I’d say.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3802 on: March 11, 2023, 07:46:56 PM »
It was astonishingly bad, just every facet of the game was awful. But the lack of intensity, strength, and dynamism was remarkable. To a man they were woeful. I don’t think I’ve seen many poorer displays than JVP put in. This better be the nadir.

Well done France, exceptionally clinical against a pitiful side.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3803 on: March 11, 2023, 07:48:50 PM »
I know very little about rugby other than I like to watch it but Dombrandt, what's the point?

I don’t rate Dombrant at Test level at all.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3804 on: March 11, 2023, 08:01:37 PM »
I don't consider myself an expert but that full back everyone was praising last week looked slow as shit

Online paul_e

« Reply #3805 on: March 11, 2023, 08:16:02 PM »

I don’t rate Dombrant at Test level at all.

Nope, first half I didn't think England were that bad but 8 and 9 just wasn't working and we were soft at the breakdown. 2nd half we had a little rally when Mitchell came on and started getting the ball away from the breakdown quicker but once Lawrence went off we looked like a team that had given up.

When Mitchell went quick with a penalty towards the end and opened them up it was shameful how little support went with him.

The positive (twisted as it may seem) is that at least Borthwick must now know that he isn't building a team for the world cup this season and instead he can focus on building for the one after. With 1 game left this 6N is dead but I'd hope the summer tests see us start building that group. We not in as bad a state as Wales but Ireland and France have left us behind and we're in danger of losing touch with Scotland as well, which should be unthinkable really (given the difference in resources and where the 2 sides were 4 years ago).

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3806 on: March 11, 2023, 08:41:18 PM »
I don't consider myself an expert but that full back everyone was praising last week looked slow as shit

I think they all looked slow and shit, and it’s either fitness - which I doubt - or a manifestation of letting an exceptional team have the ball too much and then they were just battering them down. If you want to compete you can’t give the opposition the ball all the time.

Online paul_e

« Reply #3807 on: March 11, 2023, 09:14:37 PM »

I think they all looked slow and shit, and it’s either fitness - which I doubt - or a manifestation of letting an exceptional team have the ball too much and then they were just battering them down. If you want to compete you can’t give the opposition the ball all the time.

I like Steward, he's fantastic under the high ball, a good defender and a decent finisher. I don't think the 3 we had works though. Malins would be top of the list to replace for me, he's a good player but I don't think he's explosive enough to be a winger. I'm not sure who should play though, we have lots of very good club level wingers but I'm not convinced by many of them at test level. I think I'd go with Steward, Freeman and Watson for now, with Arundell to come through and I'd keep an eye on Radwan as well. I think that 5 is the best options in the backfield for us right now. If cokanasiga can stay fit he's worth a look as something completely different as well.

Online paul_e

« Reply #3808 on: March 11, 2023, 09:48:47 PM »
On the positive side, anyone suffering from Imposter syndrome will at least have the fact that however bad it gets they will never be as entirely unsuited for a job as Alex Dombrandt was at outside centre.

Offline nigel

« Reply #3809 on: March 11, 2023, 09:58:30 PM »
France were very good, but, by fck England were poor
Embarrassing 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal