collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:49:01 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:55:47 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:54:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 03:53:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:53:05 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 03:52:33 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:51:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:50:32 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Fan Friendly Pubs Near VP  (Read 17379 times)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
Re: Away Fan Friendly Pubs Near VP
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2015, 11:19:19 PM »
I won't be happy until we are arms linked with our neighbours in the Holte end wearing our half and half scarves and singing 'We Are The World'.

Next week: My Dream Date with Jihadi John.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:49 PM »
Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why don't we?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:17 PM »
All this "hur hur, you come on the coach" stuff is a bit childish, isn't it? It's not really hard to understand why that might be the case, or why it might be a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Blues as much as any right thinking Brummie should do, but all this hinting at aggro stuff - whether it be the coach stuff, or the "there'll be Blues everywhere" rubbish - is a bit puerile.

Last time at their place when there was all that aggro on the pitch, I had a colleague in Spain sending me links to the story in their media with "wtf is this all about" style comments, and it really was pretty embarrassing.

It reflects terribly on the city and it's a bit disappointing to see otherwise intelligent people on here slipping so effortlessly into the hoolie vernacular. Frankly, it makes them look a bit stupid. On both sides.

I hope there's a great atmosphere and it's a great match, but it's a shame when you end up thinking about how much you hope there aren't any trouble-making pricks in evidence as you do about the match itself.

I take your point paulie but it's the juxtaposition of them making out we're all scared and them getting coaches that makes me go 'hur, hur'.

I get it. They've got 2,800 tickets, the vast majority of the people who will get those tickets aren't thugs. They know there are going to be a quite a lot of thugs, or more accurately people who turn into thugs when we play them, at Villa Park. You can't blame them for wanting to be safe, but even the relatively normal ones amongst them delight in, and happily associate with, the myth that they're all hard as nails and we're all soft as shite.

They hang onto the myth because everything else about their tin-pot, two-bob club is so pitiful, They tell us that they've got 2,800 tickets because we're scared of too many of them coming, they make out we're all posh c***s from the sticks while they're all descendants of the (fictional of course) Shelbys of Small Heath, they do that high-pitched 'Veela' thing to imply we're all little girls.

And then avoid any possibility of confrontation like the plague by getting coaches across three miles of a city that they say they run. I'm sorry but it is funny.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:32:57 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2015, 11:32:23 PM »
There's a lot of teeth gnashing and winding up going on here, which lets face it is exactly what the Blues lads want. personally I'm bored of it now. I'll just look forward to the game. Of course a win for us won't stop them claiming some moral victory, but I'll ignore that too. Let them talk, and we'll just do.

UTV

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2015, 11:45:48 PM »
I know I'm going to get a bollocking for this but, I've stood in 50k crowds at the sty, a long time ago but definitely 50k or more.

Checking the records there were 29k for our league visit there in April 1957. We were back there in the August and 50k turned up.
I wonder if Johnny and Peter did a lap of honour with The Cup.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:04 AM »
There's a lot of teeth gnashing and winding up going on here, which lets face it is exactly what the Blues lads want. personally I'm bored of it now. I'll just look forward to the game. Of course a win for us won't stop them claiming some moral victory, but I'll ignore that too. Let them talk, and we'll just do.

UTV

It's easier to play the "don't take yourselves so seriously" card when you have zero ambition for your own team though. It's this bizarre, projected self loathing that marks them out as a proper set of weirdos.

Bless them.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2015, 01:50:54 AM »
All this "hur hur, you come on the coach" stuff is a bit childish, isn't it? It's not really hard to understand why that might be the case, or why it might be a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Blues as much as any right thinking Brummie should do, but all this hinting at aggro stuff - whether it be the coach stuff, or the "there'll be Blues everywhere" rubbish - is a bit puerile.

Last time at their place when there was all that aggro on the pitch, I had a colleague in Spain sending me links to the story in their media with "wtf is this all about" style comments, and it really was pretty embarrassing.

It reflects terribly on the city and it's a bit disappointing to see otherwise intelligent people on here slipping so effortlessly into the hoolie vernacular. Frankly, it makes them look a bit stupid. On both sides.

I hope there's a great atmosphere and it's a great match, but it's a shame when you end up thinking about how much you hope there aren't any trouble-making pricks in evidence as you do about the match itself.
If a nose makes himself known near you in the ground you will still give him a good shoeing though won't you. I will, after all their bravado again they deserve anything they might get. It's a free hit as the stewards won't touch you as they shouldn't be in the home end.

Any free hit will hopefully be caught on cctv and the idiot banned from the ground
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:04:11 AM by TheMalandro »

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2015, 06:22:41 AM »

Says the gangster ;)

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
That game in 76 at the sty was one of the best away supports ever if not the best.
Tilton road packed to the rafters villa fans on the roof and up the floodlights of the Tilton big crew by the scoreboard and railway end with villa to totally out sung em all game even when losing.
My one eyed blue nose mate said to me the next day " I've never seen support like that "

Offline steamer

« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »
That game in 76 at the sty was one of the best away supports ever if not the best.
Tilton road packed to the rafters villa fans on the roof and up the floodlights of the Tilton big crew by the scoreboard and railway end with villa to totally out sung em all game even when losing.
My one eyed blue nose mate said to me the next day " I've never seen support like that

Lots of Excitement going back to town also.
I think the myth of " we rule the city" was truly buried that night.
I do not want to repeat postings from memories, but hey from my first visit to the sty in 69 as a 13 year old, when they rained bricks on Villa fans paying to get in  from the shit heap of the Kop, things changed.
In the mid 70,s it was Villa.
I can not comment about after that as I was not around, but I do not see pages of us trying to say how tough we are.
For the delusional tossers who claim to be luluuuus, shame, I guess we all have to believe in something.

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2015, 06:51:10 AM »
My one eyed blue nose mate said to me the next day " I've never seen support like that "
Bullshit, we've never taken more than 5k to The Sty according some bloke SHA. Meanwhile,  back in the day, up to 20k of them would regularly descend on VP in one irresistible force claiming half of The Holte, half of The Witton Lane stand and the whole Witton End.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
I remember them having all the Witton End in the mid 70's when it was terracing and uncovered, don't know how many it would have held

It was raining and they were losing, they took their shirts off and started windmilling them around their heads whilst chanting stuff in defiance, I remember as a young teenage boy being mildly impressed at the time

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
I remember them having all the Witton End in the mid 70's when it was terracing and uncovered, don't know how many it would have held

It was raining and they were losing, they took their shirts off and started windmilling them around their heads whilst chanting stuff in defiance, I remember as a young teenage boy being mildly impressed at the time

Celebrating bathtime .

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
Bullshit, we've never taken more than 5k to The Sty according some bloke SHA. Meanwhile,  back in the day, up to 20k of them would regularly descend on VP in one irresistible force claiming half of The Holte, half of The Witton Lane stand and the whole Witton End.

Have a look at the YouTube footage of the 1987 game at the Sty, there was more than 5k in the first pen of the Tilton, we were crammed in like sardines across three pens whilst the few thousand noses there lolled about with no one near them.

Offline charlie659

• Brian Little walks on water - FACT
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

Have a look at the YouTube footage of the 1987 game at the Sty, there was more than 5k in the first pen of the Tilton, we were crammed in like sardines across three pens whilst the few thousand noses there lolled about with no one near them.
I was there PW, as I recall the crowd was around 27k and I reckon we had at least 10k in the Tilton.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal