collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett  (Read 17643 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Tim Sherwood vs Gary Rowett
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 01:48:54 AM »
What a sad fanny, on another teams forum at midnight. His life must be as empty as the nose trophy cabinet.

Night shift at the Rover innit. It's their excuse for everything.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2015, 06:56:11 AM »
So the consensus is Rowett is a Villa fan. Will the bed sheets come out with 'We Want Rowett' if the unthinkable happens?

What you need to ask yourself is this.

If Rowett were offered the Villa job, how long would he take to say 'yes'? Is there a stopwatch so accurate that it could measure the interval? Is there a unit of time that small?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2015, 07:08:38 AM »
While we've got one on, can I just ask: if we only get big (relative to b-lose) crowds because we're all glory hunters from Staffordshire, and you're the most successful team in the city this century, how come hardly anybody supports you?

Also, if I may add to that, if most of our fans are glory hunters from 'Wusta an Lemintun', why are they wasting their time supporting a team which hasn't won as many cups in modern history as Small Heath? Why not get their glory fix by supporting Man Utd, as many Small Heath fans do?

Because they like the colours baby pink and powder blue possibly?

Ha ha, fat boy Mayor has decided to come over from that lot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:28:32 AM by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle »

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
While we've got one on, can I just ask: if we only get big (relative to b-lose) crowds because we're all glory hunters from Staffordshire, and you're the most successful team in the city this century, how come hardly anybody supports you?

Also, if I may add to that, if most of our fans are glory hunters from 'Wusta an Lemintun', why are they wasting their time supporting a team which hasn't won as many cups in modern history as Small Heath? Why not get their glory fix by supporting Man Utd, as many Small Heath fans do?

Is that the best you can do? Your trolling is as embarrassing as your club.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 10:17:49 AM »

Speaking as a proud, passionate Brummie, I have to take issue with that. Absolutely nothing is as embarrassing to this fine city as that so-called 'club'.

How the powers-that-be must wish they were still called Small Heath.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »

Wasn't there a pink and black Small Heath shirt at some point over the last few season? I thought that made that particular childish insult completely obsolete.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
The really funny thing about the knuckledraggers' brainless 'pink an baby blue' jibe, is that their own shabby players actually wore a pink kit in 2012. And the socks were electric blue. The comedy never, ever ends with them.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »
So the consensus is Rowett is a Villa fan. Will the bed sheets come out with 'We Want Rowett' if the unthinkable happens?

What you need to ask yourself is this.

If Rowett were offered the Villa job, how long would he take to say 'yes'? Is there a stopwatch so accurate that it could measure the interval? Is there a unit of time that small?
The man will say yes before the question is asked.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:45 AM »
Speaking as a proud, passionate Brummie, I have to take issue with that. Absolutely nothing is as embarrassing to this fine city as that so-called 'club'.

How the powers-that-be must wish they were still called Small Heath.
Same here Percy. It really pains me that they desecrate the name Birmingham. I have in the past written to the City Council and local papers asking if anything can be done but waiting for an answer!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:39 AM »
Still can't get my head round "Birmingham City University"!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »

I know, it seems as likely as a narcissists support group.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »

I know, it seems as likely as a narcissists support group.

Is that what they call an Oxymoron?

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2015, 03:57:39 PM »
Who is the better manager? And do you think he would do a big Eck and defect if he was offered the Villa job?

Gary Rowett is a proven better manager so far anyway, doing a cracking job in very difficult circumstances.

He has more management experience than Sherwood and you can see that in his media dealings

Suspect he wont last the season at St Andrews, after all the money spent in the top two divisions in England this summer I think there will be plenty of vacancies that Rowett will have a chance at.

Of course he would defect but there are other championship clubs with plenty of money that would be a better fit for his next move.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
Who is the better manager? And do you think he would do a big Eck and defect if he was offered the Villa job?

Gary Rowett is a proven better manager so far anyway, doing a cracking job in very difficult circumstances.

He has more management experience than Sherwood and you can see that in his media dealings

Suspect he wont last the season at St Andrews, after all the money spent in the top two divisions in England this summer I think there will be plenty of vacancies that Rowett will have a chance at.

Of course he would defect but there are other championship clubs with plenty of money that would be a better fit for his next move.

Sorry Bronte, but how is Rowett a ''proven'' better manager? You mean with all his experience of managing a club at the highest level?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

Fair play for giving a considered and insightful answer. When I read his posts I just see 'Please notice us'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal