collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 02:32:08 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ditch the Drum  (Read 30942 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Ditch the Drum
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »
If people have bought season tickets in or behind 'your area' I should imagine they going to be just a little pissed off with your actions.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
If people have bought season tickets in or behind 'your area' I should imagine they going to be just a little pissed off with your actions.

Many people bought tickets in the area on the basis that we were moving there and we did everything we could do to publicise the fact that we were moving there.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »

Many people bought tickets in the area on the basis that we were moving there and we did everything we could do to publicise the fact that we were moving there.

Publicised how?

A tiny fraction of the match-going supporters read online forums, and I'd wager that a large proportion of those that do are going to read a small amount of stuff on there that interests them (transfer links, friendly reports etc.) rather than posts about how a supporters group that they don't plan on joining is moving where they sit.

I read most stuff on here and honestly don't remember anything about it.

Offline KRS

« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »
I'd consider myself to be fairly active in finding out information relating to all things Villa and I can say that I have a) never heard or seen any publicity stating that Brigada were moving to a different area and b) never heard or seen any official information from the club stating the location of singing areas.

If someone like myself doesn't have knowledge of either of these, then its fair to say that your publicity has failed and that the majority of fans attending games would be none the wiser either. I'm not trying to have a dig at you guys, but if you think that by posting something on social media such as Facebook or a forum is sufficient publicity and use it to help justify your decisions and actions then you're very much mistaken.

Also its very disappointing to hear that you have all but given up on consulting with the club via official channels, and by moving without consulting them doesn't really help matters. If you had open lines of communication then you would also know the answers to questions and have more information about "block seat gate" rather than jumping to conclusions...I genuinely find it hard to believe that the club would prevent a whole section of tickets from going on sale just to accommodate Brigada or stop people from buying tickets to sit there.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
I'd suggest that the reason they are "blocking seats" is because other fans have tickets there?

The seats were blocked from sale because the club stated that people had come into the area without tickets. The seats were not owned by anyone.

Are you saying that the seats were blocked/empty so those that joined you from other areas of the ground could sit in 'your' area?

If so, isnt that helpful to you?

The seats were blocked on the pretence that there were people coming into the area without tickets. I'm not in a position to confirm whether this was true or not but it's feasible that some people did so. The club had stewards check peoples tickets on entry to L8 on a number of occassions and i'd imagine that this deterred people from coming into the area without a ticket. So with people wanting to join us unable to buy a ticket in the area and the possibility that they wouldn't be able to sit there should they decide to move over from another area this certainly didn't help us in any way.

But if the blocked seats are empty, then people with tickets in other areas can come over and join you in the empty seats. Which helps you, unless I'm missing something?

Offline conman

« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »

yes well i am pretty sure i read it on this forum about the move from L8 to L7
and i am sure people at the club did too
 obviously the club have been monitoring this group
and they would probably have  noticed the pattern of season ticket holders in L8 moving seats to L7
anyway
i am in L7 on saturday with my son
and i like sitting down

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2015, 03:58:20 PM »
I'd consider myself to be fairly active in finding out information relating to all things Villa and I can say that I have a) never heard or seen any publicity stating that Brigada were moving to a different area and b) never heard or seen any official information from the club stating the location of singing areas.

If someone like myself doesn't have knowledge of either of these, then its fair to say that your publicity has failed and that the majority of fans attending games would be none the wiser either. I'm not trying to have a dig at you guys, but if you think that by posting something on social media such as Facebook or a forum is sufficient publicity and use it to help justify your decisions and actions then you're very much mistaken.

Also its very disappointing to hear that you have all but given up on consulting with the club via official channels, and by moving without consulting them doesn't really help matters. If you had open lines of communication then you would also know the answers to questions and have more information about "block seat gate" rather than jumping to conclusions...I genuinely find it hard to believe that the club would prevent a whole section of tickets from going on sale just to accommodate Brigada or stop people from buying tickets to sit there.

I can assure you that i am not jumping to conclusions with regards the issue of seat blocking, my understanding of the situation is one that's been arrived at following discussions with the club on the subject so it's from the horses mouth so to speak.

I agree that the internet is not a great means of publicising something like this, even less so on forums that are read by such a small number of people, the people who read and post of football forums are after all a tiny percentage of those who go to games. It's also a lot easier to publicise something like this to people who are already interested in the group, reaching those that aren't interested in obviously a lot harder.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:23 PM »
I'd suggest that the reason they are "blocking seats" is because other fans have tickets there?

The seats were blocked from sale because the club stated that people had come into the area without tickets. The seats were not owned by anyone.

Are you saying that the seats were blocked/empty so those that joined you from other areas of the ground could sit in 'your' area?

If so, isnt that helpful to you?

The seats were blocked on the pretence that there were people coming into the area without tickets. I'm not in a position to confirm whether this was true or not but it's feasible that some people did so. The club had stewards check peoples tickets on entry to L8 on a number of occassions and i'd imagine that this deterred people from coming into the area without a ticket. So with people wanting to join us unable to buy a ticket in the area and the possibility that they wouldn't be able to sit there should they decide to move over from another area this certainly didn't help us in any way.

But if the blocked seats are empty, then people with tickets in other areas can come over and join you in the empty seats. Which helps you, unless I'm missing something?

Not if stewards decide to check the tickets of those in the area, being in a seat that isn't your own is an ejectable offence and I think that puts people off. Also there's no guarantee of a spot being available so some people won't bother trecking over to see on the off chance. A simpler way of "helping" would've just been to make the tickets available, as they did for I think the Swansea game last season when they piloted the official "singing section".

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »

Though you didn't tell the club because you didn't want to be found out.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »
Why don't everyone around brigada get those vu vu zaylas and blast those for 90 minutes see who comes out on top

Simples

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »
I like a lot of what Brigada are trying to do. I like the banners and the fact that they are trying to increase the volume and atmosphere in the ground.

That being said, I think that it is startlingly arrogant of the group to disregard the wishes of fans around them who have paid the amount of money to watch the game. Even if lots of people have moved to be near the group - there are those, as people have pointed out, with kids and older people who have sat there for a while who would prefer to sit. I frequent this and other forums regularly and haven't seen it published that there is a move and don't think that this makes too much difference anyway.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2015, 08:09:06 PM »
It can certainly come across as "as long we're happy and doing what we want, fuck everyone else around us, and the club". I'm sure it's not intended but it comes across dangerously close to that. Which isn't going to help them with their dealings with the club or the fans around them.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2015, 08:42:58 PM »
It can certainly come across as "as long we're happy and doing what we want, fuck everyone else around us, and the club". I'm sure it's not intended but it comes across dangerously close to that. Which isn't going to help them with their dealings with the club or the fans around them.
You only have to have a look at the original comments concerning the DRUM and you certainly get that impression.

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

We didn't tell the club because they've got a history of undermining what we do as a group.

Class of 82, a son of someone who stood with us in L8 regularly brought a vuvuzela with him, it was annoying but you just sang over it and ignored it.

Though you didn't tell the club because you didn't want to be found out.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »
The club have been threatened by the council with the possibility of closing parts of the stadium if they allow persistent standing.

Your group stands all game then moans about how unfair it is when asked to sit (or when one of your group acts a dickhead and stands on the seat).

Can you possibly imagine why the club might be wary of dealing with you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal