collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by OCD
[Today at 10:40:29 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 10:40:09 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ditch the Drum  (Read 30899 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Ditch the Drum
« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
They'll be watching him next home match now!

Offline conman

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2015, 04:51:56 AM »
yeah
well it will be interesting to see what happens against sunderland
i presume the brigada are all season ticket holders and will be back in the same spot , standing and singing
just like we did when we was younger at the back of the old holte
i bet the club have given the people who complained  incentives to move to other areas
to be replaced by more people who want to sit during the match apart from when villa are on the attack
and i expect the same situation to happen as against man u
only a lot sooner after kick off

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »
standing and singing just like we did when we was younger at the back of the old holte

Some of us still do!  ;-)

Offline conman

« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:20 AM »
standing and singing just like we did when we was younger at the back of the old holte

its been demolished

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »

its been demolished

Pedant! ;-)

I still stand and sing on the site of the old Holte End but in the new Holte End built on it...

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »
The group put a statement out on this a couple of days ago, it clears up some of the queries in this thread

http://brigada1874ultras.proboards.com/thread/1657/group-statement-treatment-villa-man

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
Oops, there was an error!
You do not have permission to access this thread.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Oops, there was an error!
You do not have permission to access this thread.
That's it then, no going back now

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
The group put a statement out on this a couple of days ago, it clears up some of the queries in this thread

http://brigada1874ultras.proboards.com/thread/1657/group-statement-treatment-villa-man

Would you care to copy and paste the statement into this thread?

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
Yeah a login in is required for some parts of the forum, here you go;

Statement from Brigada 1874 about events at Villa vs Man Utd Friday 14/08/2015.

Brigada 1874 were targeted by police and stewards for the above match. Many people witnessed the police filming us from the moment we entered into the ground, and whilst we recognise this is their prerogative, from the point of view of the group this can only be seen as an act that suggests we need to be viewed with suspicion.

Almost from kick off the stewards were telling us to sit down and generally harassing us. They then told us they were unaware we had moved from our previous position in L8, which only suggests extremely poor communication between different departments at the club. One of the main reasons we moved from L8 was because of persistent seat blocking by the clubs ticketing department in that area, stifling the growth of the group. We also felt a more central position nearer to the pitch would help us to grow as a group, and also enable us to influence the lower Holte as a whole into generating a greater atmosphere.

As a group who have entered into discussions with the club on numerous occasions, in order to ensure that any disturbance to other fans that may not enjoy the atmosphere we try and create so much is kept to a minimum, we feel let down by the club on this occasion. The club have publicly stated blocks L7 and L8 were designated as ‘singing sections’. This surely means that anyone who has tickets in these sections should expect fans in these areas to be doing exactly that. Singing, creating an atmosphere, standing, supporting the team as loudly and colourfully as possible. This is precisely why Brigada 1874 chose to buy tickets in this area, and to be targeted by stewards and police for doing precisely what the area we were in was advertised for is, at best, poor communication between the club and the stewards it employs.

Our decision to leave the ground (and it was a decision made by the group, we were not ejected) was made because the stewards and police targeted one of our members and asked to ‘have a word’, when questioned whether this was a word or whether this really meant they were being ejected, the steward replied that it was indeed just to talk, but the police officer replied that they were being ejected. It must be said this seems to be underhanded tactics on behalf of the steward. As a group we will not let members be singled out in this way so we made a decision to leave at this point (on approximately 60 minutes) and discussions continued in the concourse.

Brigada 1874 do not want to, and never have gone out to cause upset or issues for other fans, and we feel that since our inception in 2010 we have made great strides in our relationships with both other fans and the club itself. Nevertheless, if the club and other fans truly want the atmosphere at Villa Park to be as loud and colourful as Brigada 1874 are attempting to create, then targeting us for doing just that will only have the opposite effect. As an Ultras group we need to be in an area where other fans not only tolerate us, but get involved with us to help create an atmosphere all Villa fans can be proud of, and that will cause other teams and fans to take notice when they come to visit Villa Park.

UTV, Brigada 1874

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »
Is it true your friend was persistently standing on his seat despite being told to get down several times? 

If so, WTF do you expect?

I'm not sure how kicking someone out for being a twat means the club has let you down.

Offline conman

« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
i dont believe for one second that the stewards  were unaware of the move from from L8 to L7
they would have been briefed by the club before the match
and told what stance to take

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
Not sure about the lad stood on the seat as I wasn't next to him. There was no need for him to be stood on the seat though and he won't be doing it again but the police and steward involvement preceded this happening.

Yeah Conman, I think they knew about it too, but speaking to them they spoke as if they were surprised by us being where we were.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »
That's a clumsily worded statement if you don't mind me saying! The stewards and police that were 'hassling' them, could it have anything to do with the fact they were standing by any chance?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »
Not sure about the lad stood on the seat as I wasn't next to him. There was no need for him to be stood on the seat though and he won't be doing it again but the police and steward involvement preceded this happening.

But was he the one kicked out that was the cause of your walk out?  If so, it's all a bit silly really.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal