collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:44:19 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Smirker
[Today at 01:42:44 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ditch the Drum  (Read 30929 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Ditch the Drum
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »
Is that area at the back of the stand by the wall?

The one we were in for the cup games? It's behind the railing, so the front of the upper section of the lower holte.

A few years ago you were in the block next to me on the far right side of the Holte, why not return there where there are no people behind you to potentially upset?

I choose my ST so I can stand without causing disruption to anyone else.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »
That palace drum and constant drone is driving me mad watching this game

Fucking hell yes. It's horrible, the same constant "whooohoowhoooooerrr" noise and drumming for 90 fucking minutes, FC United of Manchester had exactly the same when I was there yesterday, it truly is hideous. Adds fuck all to the atmosphere, just a bunch of people amusing themselves while everyone else gets pissed off with them. And of course any other part of the crowd trying to start a chant has no chance because they are drowned out by the constant "whooohoowhoooooerrr" from the Ultras!
Still, Ultras hey? everyone loves the Ultras otherwise you are a killjoy. Nice flags mind.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »

Fucking hell yes. It's horrible, the same constant "whooohoowhoooooerrr" noise and drumming for 90 fucking minutes, FC United of Manchester had exactly the same when I was there yesterday, it truly is hideous. Adds fuck all to the atmosphere, just a bunch of people amusing themselves while everyone else gets pissed off with them. And of course any other part of the crowd trying to start a chant has no chance because they are drowned out by the constant "whooohoowhoooooerrr" from the Ultras!
Still, Ultras hey? everyone loves the Ultras otherwise you are a killjoy. Nice flags mind.

Calm down, dude. It's only a fucking drum.  Ba rupampompom.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
Honey child, I have my doubts
You can't see the the forest for the trees

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2015, 12:40:36 AM »
Fabulous Mike Nesmith quote, thanks.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2015, 12:48:50 AM »
You're all just Living in the Past with all this Drum Theatre.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2015, 12:50:23 AM »
May as well do a link as most probably won't remember them. Or have heard of them.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2015, 01:01:44 AM »
Not, the, 'living in the past' by jethro Tull that I have from the 1970s.

Lots of fun, though.

Offline mas54321

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
I was sat a few rows behind you guys. Firstly it wasn't just one girl/family that complained, loads of people were going ape - remonstrating with police and stewards. The kids sat near/in front of me (aged 6-8) could not see even if they stood.

Enough's been said about the standing already, and blocking the view of people behind (especially kids) - but the flags were just a piss take, obscuring the view of everybody no matter standing or sitting. The second half was a bit better - in that the flags were flown less, and usually during a break in game (conscious decision?).

Sitting on the front row and wanting to stand is pretty short sighted, I don't see how it can end well

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
Why don't these "Ultras" go to the back of the upper Holte where they will find plenty of like-minded fans and not spoil anyone elses view of the game?  Oh yes, of course! They want to be seen on telly don't they.

Call me a killjoy/miseryarse if you must but I dont like the Ultras. It smacks of manufactured "atmosphere" and the people who make them up seem to be labouring under the delusion that their "atmosphere" should be above all other considerations including inconveniencing other fans and emperiling the clubs safety certificate status.

Oh and the fucking drum needs to go.  We are Aston Villa not Accrington Stanley.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
Sitting on the front row and wanting to stand is pretty short sighted, I don't see how it can end well

Surely the obvious place would be back of Holte lower with no one behind them?  this can't be rocket science can it?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »

Surely the obvious place would be back of Holte lower with no one behind them?  this can't be rocket science can it?

Where they originally started out.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
I too would suggest getting a section at the back of the Holte, either lower or upper. The location last year seemed fine to me, though I suppose more central would be better.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »

Fucking hell yes. It's horrible, the same constant "whooohoowhoooooerrr" noise and drumming for 90 fucking minutes

There is always an atmosphere at Palace these days, and that is down to those Ultras I imagine, but god, yes, I was thinking the same when that match was on.

Get some new fucking songs or something because that "whoooo oooo ooo errr weerrrrr" thing is so fucking irritating.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »
I don't think you understand the concept of what Brigada are trying to do and achieve UK Redsox, and its obviously not possible to that in a seated position. The common sense thing to do would be to speak to the club and have this organised so all parties are happy, and doesn't impact or infringe upon anyone else.

I understand what they're trying to do. Its just what they're trying to do is not allowed under the current regulations. Why should they be given special treatment ?

If standing is reintroduced and an area can be set up where Brigada's standing and flag waving does not impact any other supporters (whether standing or seated), then fine**. Until then, they should sit down like everyone else is supposed to.

** my use of the word fine should in know way be construed as condoning the use of the drum, that should be banned at all times.
The bold bit is where your argument falls down I'm afraid...literally a few thousand ppl stand at most games regardless of the current regulations that everyone *should* sit down. The argument works both ways...why should Brigada be forced to sit down and observe the current regulations unless its enforced around the ground.

Not too sure about that.

If I get stopped for doing 80 on the motorway, and point out to the police all the other people doing 80 without getting stopped, does that mean I've somehow been wronged?

Or, what if someone in the Trinity (or any area where there is no standing) decides he'll stand up for the whole match, obscuring the view of those behind, does the "but you're not making that lot sit down" argument hold any water there?

Appreciate the point about checking if the people behind you can see, but there are clearly lots and lots of examples where people have bought expensive tickets for football matches only to find they can't see a thing because the people in front of them are going to stand.

What would have happen if the people behind you had said "actually, we can't see a thing because you're standing", for example?

The problem at the moment is the system in that there is no way to both give people a place they can stand and watch matches AND for other people to know that when they buy their ticket, they'll have a reasonable chance of being able to see the match.

It's a broken system, and there's one obvious way to fix it, but the way the law is now, when it comes down to it, it isn't the people sat down and unable to see the match that are at fault, it is the people standing up.

The presence of 3,000 standing away fans doesn't really change that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal