collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 03:04:58 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:02:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ditch the Drum  (Read 30945 times)

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
Re: Ditch the Drum
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »
Can any one explain what happened with the Brigada bunch tonight...all seemingly ejected after about 60 mins?

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
Can any one explain what happened with the Brigada bunch tonight...all seemingly ejected after about 60 mins?

Good.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:07 AM »
Reading on Twitter that Brigada all ejected tonight during the game

Offline KRS

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2015, 01:45:24 AM »

Good.
Genuine question...how can a section of our own support being ejected from our own ground be classed as good? Unless there is very good reason and explanation then it's not good in the slightest.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2015, 01:53:39 AM »
Something to do with them refusing to sit apparently and complaints from those behind who couldn't see

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
If someone behind couldn't see, and asked them to sit down, surely they'd just sit down? Can't believe they'd be inconsiderate. They'll be bringing a drum next.

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »

Good.
Genuine question...how can a section of our own support being ejected from our own ground be classed as good? Unless there is very good reason and explanation then it's not good in the slightest.

I was was watching them bouncing up and down at the front of the lower Holte from my seat in the Trinity. I presume they've moved to the front after being at the back last year? I can't imagine they've asked the permission of the club or the people who sit behind these seats, if the rumours of them being chucked out are true. That and the issue with the bloke on here sticking up for their use of the drum even though the vast majority think it's shit, make them seem like a pretty inconsiderate bunch.

And I would assume that if they got chucked out for standing, they would have been asked to sit down first.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
In fairness I suppose they could point to the away end and say no attempt whatsoever was made to get them to sit down.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2015, 09:33:02 AM »
In fairness I suppose they could point to the away end and say no attempt whatsoever was made to get them to sit down.

Probably no one in the away end made a complaint about people standing.  If those behind Brigada complained and after being asked to sit they refused, then the club are duty bound to take action. Maybe it was a case of "one out - all out"?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
Manchester United have a reduced ticket allocation at Villa Park due to persistent standing.
its not a great move for Brigada because them standing there does force standing behind them and potentially, right across the lower as views get obscured for corners & wing play.
It's a shame. I can't see how this is going to work out.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
With who we were playing last night I bet the council were in attendance and the club wanted to show they are doing something about fans standing.

Offline KRS

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
Dont want this to turn into another standing vs sitting debate...its simply a question about courtesy and consideration for others. At the back of the Holte last night we get to our seats to find middle aged guy and his young son behind us...the first thing we do is ask if the young lad can see, if they mind us standing and kept checking on their views throughout the game. Manners cost nothing.

Anyway, I thought Brigada had an area agreed with the club to avoid this kind of situation? I support what they are doing but they obviously need to be seated at the back of a section.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »
Brigada  need to be at the back where they can freely stand and support without affecting others view

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
The group have moved to the front of L7, the area we've moved to is one where there was a large number of seats available so we could group together and have others join us. Remaining in L8 became untenable for us, firstly because the club would block 20 -30 seats in the area and prevent these seats from being sold, this meant that people who wanted to join us could not do so unless they bought a ticket in another area and moved over thereby risking eviction from the area. These seats were blocked because the club said that people moved over to the area without tickets, which probably did happen on a small level at one point but this was obviously made worse by the club blocking the seats. The second reason we moved was because L8 is small and peripheral and we're not able to grow there in terms of numbers and displays, L7 puts us slightly more central and closer to the action. We considered other areas of the Holte but given the number of seats available in on area and wanting to keep potential disruption to a minimal we chose the front of L7. Ideallly we'd be towards the back of L7 by the railing as when were there for the cup games last season we had a brilliant atmosphere going. This area is taken by other season ticket holders though so it's only an option during cup games.

We published the fact we'd be moving to L7 widely on social media and our forums to let others know to join us in that area. We didn't speak to the club because given their previous behaviour in blocking seats and previous conversations we'd had with them we did not feel that they would help facilitate a move.

During dire circumstances last season the club called together fans, ex players and officials to discuss what could be done to rally the club, a number of good initiatives came out of this, one of which was the decision to make L7 and L8 an offical "singing section". Standing has been common in L8 for the last 2 years, but following the decision to include L7 as part of the "singing section" there was also more standing in that area. Last night there was standing in L8, K4 and other parts of the Holte, however as far as i know we were the only ones who were targetted by the stewards. We had attention from the start and eventually we left when one fan in the section was told to leave for standing on a seat. There was a family with their daughter who understandably weren't happy about us standing, we offered to swap seats so they could see but they didn't want to, after we talked for a while we parted on amicable terms and agreed that we'd try and sort something out so that we didn't block their view again.

This situation wouldn't happen if the club were more forward thinking in helping to facilitate what we do, if the club had been more helpful in organising a section for us then you wouldn't have these situations. We've been around for 5 years now and for the large part have developed a decent relationship with the stewards and some people at the club, however last night was disappointing.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »
Is that area at the back of the stand by the wall?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal