collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:47:24 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Drummond
[Today at 10:55:33 AM]

Re: VAR by OCD
[Today at 10:54:05 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:53:28 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 10:52:11 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by frank black
[Today at 10:50:59 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ditch the Drum  (Read 30905 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Ditch the Drum
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2015, 02:38:17 PM »
I personally think it adds to the atmosphere, it keeps the rhythm ticking over, stops people from going too fast with songs and them burning out and keeps songs going longer. L8 last seaosn was definitely louder following the addition of the drum. As long as it contributes to the atmosphere in a positive way then I think it's a good thing.

I like Brigada but please have a think about what just about everyone (not just here but I am sure at the ground) are telling you.

The drum is just awful. It (and by extension Brigada) over time will become as hated as the England band. You don't want that.

Continuing to do something most fans find irritating will not add to the atmosphere in a positive way.

It was a mistake, happily now you know it didnt work. You can get back to thinking of other things to do support wise next season, Brigada is good at that, I am sure you have a ton of other great ideas per usual. Do those instead.
exactly , why not listen to what Villa Fans are telling you?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
....maybe because a website made up of some of the most self confessed miserable bastards on the Internet is still only 2/3 against it?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
Why make the miserable bastards, myself included, more miserable? We have the football to do that.

The drum is just annoying as fuck. It's got to go.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 07:35:23 PM »
Why make the miserable bastards, myself included, more miserable? We have the football to do that.

Ha ha. Who needs musical instruments to feel down when we have the muppets on the pitch to do that.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2015, 07:40:34 PM »

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 01:26:57 AM »
How is everyone with coordinated seat banging ? !

We can get a bit anal about that time of thing

OK between consulting adults.
Yes. Always seek medical advice before consenting.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
I think the death penalty should be brought back for the drummer.

Seriously though I'm annoyed if someone is tapping their feet when watching the telly so I'm not the most rational person to ask.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »
I personally think it adds to the atmosphere, it keeps the rhythm ticking over, stops people from going too fast with songs and them burning out and keeps songs going longer. L8 last seaosn was definitely louder following the addition of the drum. As long as it contributes to the atmosphere in a positive way then I think it's a good thing.

I like Brigada but please have a think about what just about everyone (not just here but I am sure at the ground) are telling you.

The drum is just awful. It (and by extension Brigada) over time will become as hated as the England band. You don't want that.

Continuing to do something most fans find irritating will not add to the atmosphere in a positive way.

It was a mistake, happily now you know it didnt work. You can get back to thinking of other things to do support wise next season, Brigada is good at that, I am sure you have a ton of other great ideas per usual. Do those instead.

majority of Villa fans arnt telling him, just a few old geezers on a fan site

I bet there is thousands of fans turning up at VP not in the least bit bothered about someone hitting a drum beat, it's football ground mate not the crucible

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
Similarly, just because a few souls who (laudably) try to add a bit of atmosphere have introduced a drum doesn't mean the majority are loving it. Indeed, there may be tens of thousands of EYEBROWS RAISED at any one time.

I think a referendum is required. Or a half-time "Clapometer" or show of hands.

For the record, I hate the drum; the drum must go: AADBHDJ!*

*Armchair Anti-Drum Brigade Handing Down Justice.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

majority of Villa fans arnt telling him, just a few old geezers on a fan site

I bet there is thousands of fans turning up at VP not in the least bit bothered about someone hitting a drum beat, it's football ground mate not the crucible
[/quote

"Old geezers" on the Internet actually go to the games as well. None of the people I sit in the Holte with like that bloody drum.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »
My nephew, who is 26, and his mates like the drum.

Offline exigo

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
I'm 40, and I couldn't give a shit about it.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2015, 06:45:59 AM »
What I would like at Villa Park is noisy, consistent singing of positive Villa chants before, during and after the game. What we normally get, thanks in no small part to the dire football, is decent singing at the start followed by moans and groans with the upper Holte sporadically bursting into voice. The drum, in my opinion, is better than the latter and anything that encourages people to sing will be looked on positively by me. It's not perfect by any means and I can see why some find it a bit annoying but I certainly don't think it should be got rid of, at least until it is drowned out by chanting and cheering so that it becomes obsolete.

Online LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2015, 01:32:14 PM »
For those who love singing at football matches, the best way to encourage more of it is to do more of it.

Come on chaps, "sing yer 'arts out fo' the lads"

Offline conman

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »
i dont mind the drum , so keep it
its better than that bloke kicking the side of the holte
and why not bring back the aerosol horn from the 70s

der der ,,,,,,der der der ,,,,,,,,der der der der  VILLA

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal