collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208789 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Re: Jordan Amavi - deal off
« Reply #1545 on: July 11, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »
They have a reputation for doing this sort of thing - they could easily come back in to try and nab him on a loan or at a massively reduced fee.

Which indeed they have done.

As far as Amavi is concerned it's a buyers market as no one else is in for him I believe ? If so a season long loan at 50k per week for nine months frees up nearly £2m in wages . If they then want him it will mean he's had a good season so we might get far more than £8m as others will want him too. Don't see him in our first team and we've already said the squad is way too big so offload at all costs, we need to be very careful with our money now.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1546 on: July 11, 2017, 04:55:34 PM »
They have a reputation for doing this sort of thing - they could easily come back in to try and nab him on a loan or at a massively reduced fee.

As far as Amavi is concerned it's a buyers market as no one else is in for him I believe ? If so a season long loan at 50k per week for nine months frees up nearly £2m in wages . If they then want him it will mean he's had a good season so we might get far more than £8m as others will want him too. Don't see him in our first team and we've already said the squad is way too big so offload at all costs, we need to be very careful with our money now.

so offload at all costs and be careful with our money.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1547 on: July 11, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »

Glad you're not in our negotiating team. No try before you buy, pay up or walk on. This sort of sharp practice makes my blood boil they had no intention of doing the deal and apparently had been enquiring about a loan since the initial approach

Offline peter w

« Reply #1548 on: July 11, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
Thing is it still may be in our interest to do the deal. They pay his wages for 12 months and then in ayear we see where we are. If we go up we may decide to keep. If we don't then the likelihood is that they've got him for a knock down price should he have performed and they want to keep him. Depends how we want to play it. As much as it rankles I'd let him go on loan but then state they must buy him for 8m or so if he plays something like 20 games. Play less than that deliberately when he's been doing well then they're potentially removing a decent player from their team.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1549 on: July 11, 2017, 09:33:04 PM »
Thing is it still may be in our interest to do the deal. They pay his wages for 12 months and then in ayear we see where we are. If we go up we may decide to keep. If we don't then the likelihood is that they've got him for a knock down price should he have performed and they want to keep him. Depends how we want to play it. As much as it rankles I'd let him go on loan but then state they must buy him for 8m or so if he plays something like 20 games. Play less than that deliberately when he's been doing well then they're potentially removing a decent player from their team.

I would add a loan fee of £2m.  If they buy him at the end of the season, the transfer fee is reduced by £2m, if not, they lose their deposit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1550 on: July 11, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
I would tell them to pay up what they already agreed, or fuck off.

There's no way we should be allowing this sort of chicanery or we will have the piss taken out of us every time we try to buy or sell a player. Even more than usual.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1551 on: July 11, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
Don't we need the money now to finance our buys, under FFP?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1552 on: July 11, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »
Chicanery! The one good thing Chuck Magill ever uttered.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1553 on: July 11, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
Top drawer bedwetting.

Alternatively they don't want to shell out 8mil on a player with a history of ACL injury

Nose alert.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1554 on: July 11, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
Top drawer bedwetting.

Alternatively they don't want to shell out 8mil on a player with a history of ACL injury

Nose alert.

Having seen his email address, I am hugely suspicious.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1555 on: July 11, 2017, 11:08:24 PM »
I would tell them to pay up what they already agreed, or fuck off.

There's no way we should be allowing this sort of chicanery or we will have the piss taken out of us every time we try to buy or sell a player. Even more than usual.
Yes they can fuck off.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1556 on: July 11, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »
Top drawer bedwetting.

Nose alert.

A dimwit whichever way you view it.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1557 on: July 12, 2017, 12:06:08 AM »

Glad you're not in our negotiating team. No try before you buy, pay up or walk on. This sort of sharp practice makes my blood boil they had no intention of doing the deal and apparently had been enquiring about a loan since the initial approach
I'm happy to put my business nous up against yours, let's bring him home then and keep another surplus player on the payroll, great idea? Happy to admit I'm wrong if someone else comes in for him , if not I'm £2m up on you already .
We'd all like a great deal to happen but as I said I don't see a queue of buyers unless the one offering £20m in a January shows up.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1558 on: July 12, 2017, 06:26:23 AM »
Top drawer bedwetting.

Nose alert.

you mean.
Taitfrancishopkins@interbredhalfwit.com

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1559 on: July 12, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »

Hey, Frank - you're not working with David Davis on Brexit, are you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal