collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208839 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Jordan Amavi - Sold
« Reply #1410 on: July 08, 2017, 03:44:04 PM »
Sad to see him leave but buying good players mean nothing if he doesn't fit or playing in wrong system or the management doesn't believe in him. Good Luck Jordan. When we sold Veretout we had no French players in our team apart from Ally.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1411 on: July 08, 2017, 04:00:33 PM »
He's so rubbish it's only smallfry like Sevilla who are desperate enough to take him off our hands.

Wouldn't surprise me if within 2/3 years Amavi, Gueye and Veretout are all playing Champions League football.   Would surprise me if we're saying the same about Neil Taylor, Glen Whelan and Elmohamady.

Doesnt disguise the fact that all three were rubbish for us, mitigating circumstances notwithstanding.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1412 on: July 08, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
He's so rubbish it's only smallfry like Sevilla who are desperate enough to take him off our hands.

Wouldn't surprise me if within 2/3 years Amavi, Gueye and Veretout are all playing Champions League football.   Would surprise me if we're saying the same about Neil Taylor, Glen Whelan and Elmohamady.

Doesnt disguise the fact that all three were rubbish for us, mitigating circumstances notwithstanding.

It shouldn't disguise the fact either that everything about the club was rubbish too. That all three will very likely go on to better things suggests a massive wasted opportunity on our part.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1413 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »

It shouldn't disguise the fact either that everything about the club was rubbish too. That all three will very likely go on to better things suggests a massive wasted opportunity on our part.

Yup.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1414 on: July 08, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »

That's great, but it's what happens this season in the Championship that is more of a concern to us really. 

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1415 on: July 08, 2017, 06:51:20 PM »
There's a good player in there, that's for sure.

Although, I remember after Reading at home thinking we'd be lucky to get £10 for the bloke, he was that shocking.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1416 on: July 08, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »

That's great, but it's what happens this season in the Championship that is more of a concern to us really. 

Downgrading the playing staff and hoping to do better isn't the way to go really.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1417 on: July 08, 2017, 07:22:45 PM »

Downgrading the playing staff and hoping to do better isn't the way to go really.

It would greatly surprise me if those 3 were playing champions league football as they are all massively average at best.  They were when we signed them (hence they chose to come to a struggling Villa) and did nothing to prove otherwise when here.  Frankly I find it odd that others seem to rue their departure given how ineffectual (at very best)  they were during their stay here. 

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1418 on: July 08, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

It is but it shouldn't be but for some reason we've become so inured to short-termism that anyone who looks like they need a year of coaching is 'fucking shit'.

Amavi can be a very good player if he finds a manager willing to actually offer some coaching and tactics.  Gana has already shown that he is good in a decent, well managed, team and I suspect Veretout will prove the same.  This is why I was against Bruce, he wants to sign players who are 'finished articles' so he can get away with doing very little on the training ground, it might work but it's all very mon-like and it appears we haven't learned a fucking thing from the mess he made.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1419 on: July 08, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
Sevilla are in the CL so Amavi will be playing in it soon.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1420 on: July 08, 2017, 07:43:15 PM »
Didn't Gana play in it for Lille?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1421 on: July 08, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »

Downgrading?

I'm not sure I've seen anything of Amavi that would indicate he's half as good as the excellent Taylor.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1422 on: July 08, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »

If he gets in the side he might

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1423 on: July 08, 2017, 08:24:36 PM »

Downgrading?

I'm not sure I've seen anything of Amavi that would indicate he's half as good as the excellent Taylor.

Absolutely, hence Taylor moving to one of the most successful clubs in Europe over the last few seasons for £8m so he can play in the Champions League next season.

Actually hang on...

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #1424 on: July 08, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »

Are they though?

Don't they have a qualifying round first.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal