collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208812 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1305 on: May 20, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
Not if that is the asking price.

Dr Tony has already told the world he's turned down a 25m Euros bid. He's hardly going to set the asking price at half that a few weeks later.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1306 on: May 20, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
To me he's the obvious player we sell to ease the burden of FFP.

I thought he'd be a great player for us in this division but it just hasn't worked out. Taylor is better at LB imo, De Laet can cover back and cover that position so we are stocked in that area and he hasn't shown enough in left midfield either to think we have the next Bale on our hands.

Sell.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1307 on: May 20, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »
I'd take £15m. That would be a significant increase on what we got. £10m means virtually no profit.

I wouldn't really worry about profit at this point, we just need to get players off our books and 10m would still be very useful for next season warchest.

Wyness spelt it out this week, we have 52 professionals on our books. O.K a fair few are youth teamers but it is simply too high and we must cull the squad this summer as we botched it up last year and had a mediocre season.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #1308 on: May 20, 2017, 08:12:37 PM »
if i get a bid for 25 million pounds for Amavi, I would cash in and allow SB to spend it, but he has to reduce first team by 8 players and add 3 players.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1309 on: May 20, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »
25m?! I don't believe that was real but I'd sell for well under that. Which is a shame as I really thought he looked exciting originally

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1310 on: May 20, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »
His first few games I thought he was the pick of the whole intake. I don't think he is tough enough for the English game.  That cuddle he had with Knockaert spoke volumes.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1311 on: May 20, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »
I think he's like a lot of young players who get a nasty injury, it takes a year or 2 to get back to the level you were because you lose confidence in your safety.  I still think there's a very good player in there though.

That said I think he's the most obvious choice of a player who we can get a good fee for that won't weaken us massively from last year so I think he's the obvious choice to let go.  I do wonder if he's another we'll regret not sticking with though (like Cahill).

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1312 on: May 20, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
He would shine brightly in a well organised side. Unfortunately that isn't us at the moment, see Gueye.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1313 on: May 21, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »
I think he's like a lot of young players who get a nasty injury, it takes a year or 2 to get back to the level you were because you lose confidence in your safety.  I still think there's a very good player in there though.

That said I think he's the most obvious choice of a player who we can get a good fee for that won't weaken us massively from last year so I think he's the obvious choice to let go.  I do wonder if he's another we'll regret not sticking with though (like Cahill).

I agree completely. I think he's a player who we'll look back on and think we missed a great chance. However he can generate a good fee and if we get a good future sell on fee then needs must.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1314 on: May 21, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »
£10m would be crap business. One of Europe's richest clubs wander in and you want to take their first offer?

£10m for a reserve championship full back is crap business?

Yes. If they've offered £10m, then it's telling the selling club that there's a higher bid to be squeezed out of them.
Ergo, accepting the first bid is crap business.

See also, selling your house.

No one's bid £10m for Amavi, nevermind £25m. If we supposedly need to pull up the drawbridge and are on a sell to buy regime as to not completely fuck up the ffp rules then do you really think  we would turn down a £10m offer for a fullback who was shit last season, didn't play the season before because of a bad injury and isn't regarded as a first team player.

Come on now, think about it.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1315 on: May 21, 2017, 04:17:38 AM »
We'll be lucky to get £10m for him. He showed potential when we first signed him but he's been consistently poor defensively and doesn't really contribute much going forward either. He'll find his level in Europe somewhere but he's simply not cut out for the Championship let alone Premier League. I can understand it if a player is asked to play out of position, but if a player doesn't or can't perform consistently and effectively in his natural position then you cant exactly blame the club and it's best to get rid if we can a return on his transfer fee.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1316 on: May 21, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »
He doesn't seem as quick to me since his injury either. That was a big part of his game. He's too poor defensively. Not good enough to play as a winger. If we get 10 million we'll be laughing. I can't see that. I think a figure like that is a hangover from those ludicrous rumours of last summer when someone or other he'd have been one of the priciest left backs around.

Offline exigo

« Reply #1317 on: May 21, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
£10m would be crap business. One of Europe's richest clubs wander in and you want to take their first offer?

£10m for a reserve championship full back is crap business?

Yes. If they've offered £10m, then it's telling the selling club that there's a higher bid to be squeezed out of them.
Ergo, accepting the first bid is crap business.

See also, selling your house.

No one's bid £10m for Amavi, nevermind £25m. If we supposedly need to pull up the drawbridge and are on a sell to buy regime as to not completely fuck up the ffp rules then do you really think  we would turn down a £10m offer for a fullback who was shit last season, didn't play the season before because of a bad injury and isn't regarded as a first team player.

Come on now, think about it.

You think about it. A club walks in and makes a first offer. When in the entire history of football did the selling club roll over and say yes? You go back and say, thanks for that offer, but we'd like a whole lot more. And then, a few weeks later, when there's an offer of £15m+ on the table, you say yes.

It's not rocket science.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1318 on: May 21, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »
Ag
He doesn't seem as quick to me since his injury either. That was a big part of his game. He's too poor defensively. Not good enough to play as a winger. If we get 10 million we'll be laughing. I can't see that. I think a figure like that is a hangover from those ludicrous rumours of last summer when someone or other he'd have been one of the priciest left backs around.

This

25 million for a full back who cant defend and looked dodgy in the championship 

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1319 on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:53 PM »
I hope he stays.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal