collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208778 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1260 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
He was a good player for Nice.  They loved him so I am told.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1261 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
Doesn't want to be a Villa player. Doesn't want a 25mil price on his head and he's doing a good job of getting out of the club and depreciating his value.

Disappointed with him because I thought he was a good player.

He is talented but a diabolical professional from what I've seen over past two seasons. He went to ground needlessly in the second half at one stage when Fulham were breaking. Any professional worth their salt gets to their feet asap and sprints back. Not this gutless clown though, casual jog back at best while Fulham almost scored.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1262 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:50 PM »
We have plenty of joggers in the team.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1263 on: April 17, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »
He is talented but a diabolical professional from what I've seen over past two seasons.

He is not playing very well at the moment but this is going way over the top.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1264 on: April 17, 2017, 11:38:57 PM »
Does that Chinese club still want to buy him for £25m?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1265 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:33 AM »
Am I missing something about him. No way is he a left back. No way is he good enough or dedicated enough for the villa

Online KRS

« Reply #1266 on: April 18, 2017, 04:18:40 AM »
Nah he's just shite...along with far too many others masquerading as quality professional footballers at this club.

Bruce is tactically naive and inept, but the main problem is that we have so many poor players at the club now (including some players that Bruce is accountable for signing). We are shit because we have an abundance of shit players that take to the pitch every week, and this is a consequence of buying a bunch of average Championship quality players and trying to get them to play with players of an equal or even lower standard.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1267 on: April 18, 2017, 07:31:09 AM »
For me he's another player who's shown flashes of the player he could become but piss poor management and sub-standard training.  I think we need to get out of the habit of blaming the players so quickly, he was one of the most highly rated youngsters in France, his last couple of performances don't mean he's shit and should be replaced immediately.  That 'throw it away' attitude is why we have a revolving door every summer.

Hogan, Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury and Bjarnason are others who deserve the chance to be judged when we look like a team.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1268 on: April 18, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »
I suspect Amavi is going to be another in the long list of players who generate the complaint "why couldn't he play like that for us?"

Offline frank black

« Reply #1269 on: April 18, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »
I'm disappointed in Frank for thinking Amavi was a good player

There's a list of players I rated that have amounted to average at best. You wouldn't want me as a scout that's for sure.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1270 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:10 AM »
Nobody's blaming him quickly really are they. He's had two seasons with us and hasn't improved but gone backwards. When he first came he wasn't so bad, he made mistakes, was naive, looked good in parts but could only last 75 minutes. So we had a player with some potential who we had to get fitter for the less demanding Championship. He at least now lasts the 90 but still the same mistakes and more of them. Add some new ones too such as running the ball out of play and misjudging the flight of it. We shelled out a considerable sum for him so I understand why we might want to persevere and hope to get a return on the investment but in all honesty I think he is going to be no more than what we see now, a less than average player who consistently makes mistakes but will on occasion get a good cross in.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1271 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »
For me he's another player who's shown flashes of the player he could become but piss poor management and sub-standard training.  I think we need to get out of the habit of blaming the players so quickly, he was one of the most highly rated youngsters in France, his last couple of performances don't mean he's shit and should be replaced immediately.  That 'throw it away' attitude is why we have a revolving door every summer.

Hogan, Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury and Bjarnason are others who deserve the chance to be judged when we look like a team.

His problems seem to me to be about concentration and decision making. Whether that is innate or down to confidence it is hard to tell but at the moment he is showing more bad moments than good.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1272 on: April 18, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »

His problems seem to me to be about concentration and decision making. Whether that is innate or down to confidence it is hard to tell but at the moment he is showing more bad moments than good.

Way, way more bad moments than good at the moment, the lad is an absolute liability.

Still nowhere near as bad as Cissokho, mind.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1273 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »
I don't think he's the right type of player for the 'style' of football we play. He's an attacking full back. If we played on the front foot more, we'd see more of what he's best at. But we soak up pressure and it puts a magnifying glass to his defensive frailties. And when we do have the ball, it's rushed and direct, which means we don't have it for very long/very often and again, every mistake is highlighted. Amavi would look better in a different team, I'm sure of it, but he'll continue to play poorly in this system.

Since Bruce took over, none of our better 'footballers' have performed well, and he's shifted most of them out or dropped them. They just take up space. The left back spot is the perfect example; a young, once exciting, player with potential but makes lots of mistakes is dropped for a solid, but unspectacular, experienced international. It's not necessarily a bad move, and we had two months where this worked. And I'm sure it will work again. It's just not exciting or inspiring. But I guess if you want that, you wouldn't hire Steve Bruce as your manager. My only worry is that, if we are planning on three separate teams for our unstoppable progress to the top, players like Jack and Amavi might be quite useful for stages 2 and 3, but we decreased their value and shipped them out at stage 1. It just seems a bit wasteful to me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1274 on: April 18, 2017, 10:49:41 AM »

I get where you're coming from Paul, but the players need to take responsibility, as well.  The likes of Hourihane and Lansbury should be the beating heart of the team.  I thought that when we signed them we'd finally sorted the midfield problem that's been our biggest burden for years, but they're just as crap as everybody else.  I think what you're saying is that we need to see them under yet another manager, and while I largely share your views on Bruce, I think we'd then be in for another 18 months of excuses.  "Needs his own transfer window", "give him until Xmas next season" etc.

Grealish I've more or less given up on to be honest, the odd moment of skill leading to a great goal every 6 months is nowhere near enough.  To use the tired old cliche, all fart, no shit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal